Lee Evans - back in Buffalo

Thanks for the Op. I am delighted to hear that Lee is doing alright and hanging out with the fans that know him best.

I have been a fan of Mr. Evans all along. Regardless of stats and such.

Good guy, good football player and a darned good Buffalo Bill.

anyone who says different can stuff it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call bull ****. Man is retired.... why would he spend his drunken nights in buffalo?

I don't know the OP, so I wouldn't call him a liar, maybe you do know him? I would guess though that Lee Evans would be hanging in Buffalo alot sooner then he would be hanging in Baltimore.

Tim Graham had a blog post or something a month or two ago where he ran into Lee and Lee said he is very happy after football and his career is definitely over.

Count me among the Lee Evans fans. He was especially great early in his career with Bledsoe at quarterback. So good that I would hope the ball was going to him instead of Moulds on a bomb because I knew he'd make the catch.

I guess you are correct...the Steelers are desperate for a WR and bringing in Plaxico Burress...something most insiders swore they would never do...not that Evans and Burress are the same type of recievers...but I haven't ever heard a whiff of anyone be interested in even bringing him in for a look, after Jacksonville cut him. Guy was relatively healthy most of his career, and is still pretty young...maybe years of playing on some wretched Bills teams killed his passon for the game? Seems like his hometown team, Cleveland Browns, might have been interested...

Funny that you say that about Moulds. I like Moulds okay, and I know he is revered here...but I think, after that one amazing season with Bledsoe (2002), he started to focus more on drawing pass interference calls than cathching the ball...it really used to piss me off...he would be flailing his arms and yelling at the officials before the ball even hit the turf...

Oh well... if Lee really does consider his career over, it looks like Nix and company were correct in getting rid of him when they did. I thought it was nuts at the time.

Lee asked to be released... That's the reason he was cut... He has gotten offers from the cowboys and dolphins but turned them both down...

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks...didn't know that. He just doesn't want to play any more. I wonder how different things would be if he had only held on to that pass in the AFC Championship game last year. Either way, a good guy...whish him the best.

I guess you are correct...the Steelers are desperate for a WR and bringing in Plaxico Burress...something most insiders swore they would never do...not that Evans and Burress are the same type of recievers...but I haven't ever heard a whiff of anyone be interested in even bringing him in for a look, after Jacksonville cut him. Guy was relatively healthy most of his career, and is still pretty young...maybe years of playing on some wretched Bills teams killed his passon for the game? Seems like his hometown team, Cleveland Browns, might have been interested...

Funny that you say that about Moulds. I like Moulds okay, and I know he is revered here...but I think, after that one amazing season with Bledsoe (2002), he started to focus more on drawing pass interference calls than cathching the ball...it really used to piss me off...he would be flailing his arms and yelling at the officials before the ball even hit the turf...

Oh well... if Lee really does consider his career over, it looks like Nix and company were correct in getting rid of him when they did. I thought it was nuts at the time.

Me, too. I was so against the trade, but I like being wrong when it comes to the front office.

RalphOP83 is exactly right - the article that I read referred to those two teams asking him to try out, etc. and he didn't.

As far as you know. I mean, I know it's your lot, but what if it was Halloween or something? OJ Batman can get pretty incognito, I'd imagine. (Think about it. The powers of OJ combined with the powers of Batman.)

I don't think OJ's head would fit into a Batman mask!

Yeah I'd heard Hammer was too aloof to sign autographs. I guess it's true.

Who would want my autograph?