I've been gone awhile ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, but duck isn't crusading and 3rd just checked my profile.

BTW, is a Display Name change considered an alias? oops, 2 changes in 10 yrs...

I don't believe a display name change is considered an alias though I did change my name from meazza1981 to meazza and I'm quite certain that threw some people off.

Well, I've received multiple requests to moderate this forum. Not me personally, but the moderators have been asked repeadedly to moderate PPP.

So, you (the collective you) tell us, is that what you want??? You can't have it both ways, either we moderate this forum or we don't. Personally I don't have the time or desire to, but I will if that's what the users want. But...I won't distinguish between one forum and another. Either we/I moderate this forum or we/I don't.

So, exercise your rghts and vote; it is November after all. Apologies to tgreg for hijacking his thread.

(If you decide that you want moderation here the first step will be to lock all existing threads so that you start from scratch)

First, killjoy was a reference to the entire thread that was deleted. It had the potential of another comedy gold, Jerry. Gold, Jerry, gold.

Second, although my history here does not go all the way back to formation of PPP, my recollection is that Azalin created PPP specifically for the purpose of building a dirty sandbox where mean and nasty kids could play amongst themselves and not pollute the high brow and enlightening discussions on TSW. Similarly, OTW was created to keep stojan occupied and not pollute the high brow and enlightening discussions on TSW.

Thus, the entire reason that discourse here is a bit more rough and tumble is by design, and those who don't like it can simply walk away to TSW or OTW. This is not the place for the faint hearted, because that was its original charter.

I don't like the guy but he has a point.

That's another big secret here that the resident leftists who B word and moan about a "circle jerk" can't seem to get through their thick skulls. None of us like each other. We've accepted that and moved on. Think about your circle of acquaintances; nobody likes the guy who insists on talking politics. And we are the "those guys" of TBD. A lot of **** is going to fly by the very nature of what we're doing. What the whiners don't realize is that the **** flies in all directions.

That's another big secret here that the resident leftists who B word and moan about a "circle jerk" can't seem to get through their thick skulls. None of us like each other. We've accepted that and moved on. Think about your circle of acquaintances; nobody likes the guy who insists on talking politics. And we are the "those guys" of TBD. A lot of **** is going to fly by the very nature of what we're doing. What the whiners don't realize is that the **** flies in all directions.

:lol: I was kidding by the way. Very few people I dislike. Annoyed by, maybe but it takes a lot for me to dislike someone.

But yes, I agree.

but it takes a lot for me to dislike someone.

That's because canucks are softies :P

But yeah, notice I didn't say that we all dislike each other, just that we don't like each other. I think there's a fine distinction there.

ok, but duck isn't crusading and 3rd just checked my profile.

BTW, is a Display Name change considered an alias? oops, 2 changes in 10 yrs...

No it isn't. Look at the other people who have visited your profile. Find anything strange or coincidental?

The consensus seems that PPP is a "right wing circle jerk". I admit the amount of right leaning posters is higher, that is without a doubt but if someone really feels as if this part of the site is intolerable, why do they feel the need to post here?

That being said, the lefties are much more intolerable. Even if you share the same political beliefs as DIN or conner, you can't really be as dumb as to actually agree with his relevant points.

Sounds like the left need to start a recruiting drive.

A friend of a friend on FB posted she was starting to dump friends who had a different politcal leanings than she. I wish I could have commented because I was going to ask her if she was going to start dumping her Jewish/Muslim/Buddist etc friends. Ah the hilarity that would have ensued.

No it isn't. Look at the other people who have visited your profile. Find anything strange or coincidental?

Other than a couple of the names appear to be random typing, no.

Hey, look, I was asking if you meant me, and after I asked you, I thought about why does he think I had multiple aliases (if you were talking about me, I really didn't know), checked my own profile, and saw your name as just visited. I also remembered I had changed my Display Name a couple times over the years and wanted to see what that showed, as if maybe that's what you meant. That's it, nothing more.

Other than a couple of the names appear to be random typing, no.

Hey, look, I was asking if you meant me, and after I asked you, I thought about why does he think I had multiple aliases (if you were talking about me, I really didn't know), checked my own profile, and saw your name as just visited. I also remembered I had changed my Display Name a couple times over the years and wanted to see what that showed, as if maybe that's what you meant. That's it, nothing more.

Other than me all your visitors are brand new members with no posts. In other words, they were created this week, took a peek at your profile and are just waiting to be used. Coincidence? If you didn't do it, someone did and for what purpose?

Other than me all your visitors are brand new members with no posts. In other words, they were created this week, took a peek at your profile and are just waiting to be used. Coincidence? If you didn't do it, someone did and for what purpose?

I have no clue, and to be honest, I didn't notice that until just now. I swear, I only have this ID, never created any others, and never signed in to TSW with any other ID. That's weird though.