[closed]Bills Fan Sues Team: "Don't Text Me, Bro..."

IDBillzFan

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/11/12/bills-fan-sues-team-for-excessive-text-message-updates/

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) – A dedicated Buffalo Bills fan living in Tampa is suing his beloved Bills for sending him three more text message updates than he expected during a span of several weeks.

In an attempt to keep up with the team, Jerry Wojcik signed up for a text-message program that would keep him connected to the Bills. But instead, the program has led to “excessive” text messages and a class-action lawsuit against the team for sending three more text messages than they pledged to send in a matter of weeks.

I'm not signed up, but I'm curious what you folks think. Too many texts from team? I know they're active on Twitter.

I wonder how legit this complaint is. I'm remembering a similar one filed last year against a different team. I forget the specifics, but it sounds nearly identical to that one. I wonder if it could be a copycat or if someone is going around doing this to all teams.

this guys an idiot. 2 extra text messages? Take his Man Card away.

the Bills would not send out more than five text alerts per week. But that was not the case. During the week of Sept. 23 to Sept. 29, Wojcik claims to have received six text alerts from the team. From Oct. 14 to Oct. 20, he claims to have received seven, according to the court papers.