The only conclusion that can be drawn

Estelle Getty

Haven't posted in a while so i'll keep this short and sweet.

No Playoffs since 1999.

5 different coaches

3 different general managers

2 Legitimate attempts @ Franchise QB's (Bledsoe, Losman)

1 out of touch OWNER

We will never be a sucessfull orgnazation untill Ralph Wilson is gone. Point, blank, period.

So until then accept the fact we are just biding our time.

No Playoffs since 1999.

5 different coaches

1 out of touch OWNER

We will never be a sucessfull orgnazation untill Ralph Wilson is gone. Point, blank, period.

Thank you for your original thought.

I think Ralph is definitely a big part of the problem. Mainly by the thrifty way that he has run the organization. He has shown a willingness to dive into big ticket free agents when they are needed, but I get the impression that funding that is needed to run a top flight organization has been missing for years. The problem that the Bills face is they've made their coaching situation so unappealing that they can't even get any top candidates in there to turn the ship around. At this point the only hope is that you hit the lottery on a young up and comer that is eager to make a name.

Been saying it for years. The common denominator for the entire history of the franchise is RW. Unfortunately I have doubts we'll get to see another owner here.

In the entire history of the franchise we got to 4 straight Super Bowls.

The thread is about the common denominator since 1999.

The one that was subtly mentioned in the opening post is obviously true....the owner has been the same over that period of time.

The other major common denominators that I see is:

1. The lack of a long term competent QB.

Who know? Perhaps with a good QB we might well have made the playoffs in the last decade.

That is my point. We could have Tom Brady as a QB and he would have ended up like J.P. Losman. We would not have been able to have a good QB because we wouldn't have had a good coach. We wouldn't have had a good coach because we wouldn't have had a good G.M. We wouldn't have had a good G.M. because we don't have a good owner.

That is my point. We could have Tom Brady as a QB and he would have ended up like J.P. Losman. We would not have been able to have a good QB because we wouldn't have had a good coach. We wouldn't have had a good coach because we wouldn't have had a good G.M. We wouldn't have had a good G.M. because we don't have a good owner.

You don't think perhaps that the talent of the QB has something to do with their ability to be good?

Had any of our discarded QBs gone on to be even mediocre in other teams I would give your point some credence. As it is I disagree with the concept that every HC, OC, and QB Coach we have had in the last decade have ruined every QB to walk though our doors.

Essentially some bad teams with bad GMs & Coaches still have very good QBs....and still(therefore?) make the playoffs. Blame the organization(Ralph) for not getting better Talent Scouts/Assessors if you like....that would IMO be a better argument as to why we haven't had any real talent at QB in over a decade.

In the entire history of the franchise we got to 4 straight Super Bowls.

The thread is about the common denominator since 1999.

The one that was subtly mentioned in the opening post is obviously true....the owner has been the same over that period of time.

The other major common denominators that I see is:

1. The lack of a long term competent QB.

Who know? Perhaps with a good QB we might well have made the playoffs in the last decade.

The main reason why the Bill's were able to get to four Super Bowls was Bill Polian, then Ralph Wilson fired him, at which time Polian left and took the Carolina Panthers to a Super Bowl and then left for Indy and took them to the Super Bowl. Bill also was a winner when he assembled Grey Cup winning teams with the Montreal Alouettes and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Bill has been a winner where ever he went.

Ralphy sure blew it when he fired this man.

No Playoffs since 1999.

5 different coaches

1 out of touch OWNER

Wow. That was truly insightful. Please revert to not posting again.

No Playoffs since 1999.

5 different coaches

1 out of touch OWNER

"Point, blank, period." is not a complete sentence and your thoughts about a lone conclusion need some refinement.