Why Fred and not CJ?

Bronc24

Freddy is better. That is why he was in there. End of discussion.

in no way is freddie better than CJ. zero zip zilch not even close. CJ is faster, a better receiver, a better runner. Better this year at yards after contact. 7.2ypc to Jacksons 3.7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is better at pass protection. Thats my guess

CJ put on some really great blocks time and again to give Fitz the extra time to make his throws. Just like anything, Gailey doesn't know to put the ball in the hands of his best players..CJ and Chandler were a non-factor on the final drive, because Gailey did not put them in the play.

Freddy is better. That is why he was in there. End of discussion.

No offense but if you believe that at this point, you're either blind, stupid, or both. I love FJ but CJ is by far the more explosive, dangerous back. He should be the main back and Fred should be the change of pace guy but both should be on the field more at the same time. I think the only reason that Chan is starting FJ and giving him so many carries is that he's afraid of losing the locker room because Fred has been such a valuable leader and team player. It's going to be tough to transition to CJ without dividing the team...just my 2 cents.

My question would be why totally abandon the run when you have 2 minutes and 10-20 seconds with 3 time outs - there have been other Bills teams where maybe this would have been appropriate because the OL couldn't get a lick of push but a OL of Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Hairston doesn't have that problem- and by the way you can run in a hurry up offense- in fact run Spiller then lineup as fast as you can and run him again, continue at pace and put in Jackson when CJ needs a blow and I guarantee the Bills would march down the field.

My question would be why totally abandon the run when you have 2 minutes and 10-20 seconds with 3 time outs - there have been other Bills teams where maybe this would have been appropriate because the OL couldn't get a lick of push but a OL of Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Hairston doesn't have that problem- and by the way you can run in a hurry up offense- in fact run Spiller then lineup as fast as you can and run him again, continue at pace and put in Jackson when CJ needs a blow and I guarantee the Bills would march down the field.

My only answer is that I think Chan is throwing the games. His play calling at the end of games since the AZ game has been horrendous.

He doesn't yell at the refs when they are making horrible calls.

I'm done with him.

CJ put on some really great blocks time and again to give Fitz the extra time to make his throws. Just like anything, Gailey doesn't know to put the ball in the hands of his best players..CJ and Chandler were a non-factor on the final drive, because Gailey did not put them in the play.

Um.... Fitz threw to Chandler the play before the INT, a little off target but... he did.

As to this FJ vs CJ thing, I relly don't know why Chan doesn't have them in the game together as someone pointed out. I also would try a wishbone formation with 2 TEs, Brad Smith, FJ, CJ and Cory, I mean why the hell not? Chan would probably throw a bomb from it though on 3rd and 2.

I love Freddie, but CJ is possibly the most electric back in the game. Yet, on the final drive, there's Freddie and no CJ. That, alone, should be enough to fire Chan.

Fouts said it best. Get the ball in CJ's hands 30 times a game.

Fred had good runs he just needs to hang on to the ball, they both need more touches.

Maybe Thursday will reveal why...perhaps the reason the running has been successful is because we have 2 very good runners with different styles...Freddy can block and be a dump off option or run up the gut...cj is more creative and unconventional...

Freds better at fumbling the ball and !@#$ing our season!

eh hem CJ has also coughed the ball up in games. If you recall the first Pats game when he returned THE week after hurtign his shoulder, I believe that was near to or in the redzone.

Run a freaking 2 back set in the redzone for F sake!!! Both can block and or run a pass route.

Theyre both darn good. Love Freddie's versatility and how he sets up his blocks. His fumbling at this point is intolerable IMO. Love CJs explosiveness but want to see him cut more inside than sideline where he gets pushed OB.

At this point given freddies fumbling problem I'd elevate cj to #1

I love Freddie, but CJ is possibly the most electric back in the game. Yet, on the final drive, there's Freddie and no CJ. That, alone, should be enough to fire Chan.

Fouts said it best. Get the ball in CJ's hands 30 times a game.

Looks like CJ all night thursday, with FJ concussion, so you will get your wish on national TV.

Maybe Thursday will reveal why...perhaps the reason the running has been successful is because we have 2 very good runners with different styles...Freddy can block and be a dump off option or run up the gut...cj is more creative and unconventional...

Odds are Thursday will reveal what everyone is now saying. The more carries Spiller gets the better he is