• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, it's still not carved in stone.

1. Oregon-----------still has to play Stanford and Oregon State

2. K State-----------still has to play Baylor and Texas

3. Notre Dame-----still has to play BYU and Stanford

4. Texas A&M------still has to play New Mexico, then at LSU and at Mizzou

5. Alabama---------still has to play at Mississippi State, Chattanooga, and at Auburn

I was reading an article the other day that suggested if both Texas & A&M win out there is possibility that they could meet in the Cotton Bowl. They said if that happened they would sellout those 100K + seats in about 45 seconds. They did mention that they did not know if any bowl would have the balls to try to pull that matchup off & it would obviously p*ss off the 2 major conferences in the country by picking A&M over an LSU team that beat the Aggies in College Station & the Big 12 by picking Texas over an Oklahoma team that just killed the horns earlier this year but my guess is if any bowl has the balls to try pull this off it would be the Cotton Bowl with a friendly nudge by Jerry Jones.

Haha, the BCS standings will be K ST, Oregon, Notre Dame, Georgia, Alabama. Be warned though, if 2 of the 3 teams at the top lose the winner of bama goergia in the sec championship is going to the national title game. If history has taught us anything in college football; when November comes around, expect the unexpected.

I look forward to the day that the NCAA has an 8-team playoff.

I don't need any more than that but 4 teams is not enough, IMO.

Just a tall as Murray :D

LOL....well done :)

I look forward to the day that the NCAA has an 8-team playoff.

I don't need any more than that but 4 teams is not enough, IMO.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating....if the NCAA went to a legit playoff like that, I could see myself becoming a bigger fan of college ball than I am of the NFL. My interest in the college game would extend well beyond the SEC (right now I focus mainly on this conference) and I would look forward to Saturdays as much or more so than Sundays.

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't he allowed to talk?

NCAA Rules?? Not that that means a whole lot these days.

Texas AM policy that freshman can't talk to the media I believe

I believe it is just a team rule, but I may be mistaken

Thanks. I don't follow the college game except for watching video during the run-up to the draft.

I'm a bit surprised that teams have rules like this though I understand that some of these kids are pretty damn young to be commenting (on anything) on national television, radio, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.