CIA chief petreus reisgns over affair?

maybe he resigned to focus on his marriage... maybe he felt that was more important right now

Why can't this President stay out of peoples bedrooms. It's none of their business unless they want the President to give them free birth control or abortions if the birth control fails. But otherwise that is none of the Presidents business.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Googled her name and that was the first one that had pics. BTW, watcha think about Obama putting politics before security?

Would be chastising it along with you if I get reason to believe it's true. Reports show Patraeus was not compromised just place himself in a bad position at one point and by the investigation he was monitored and seen to be basically just having an affair. Guy on CNN reported when Obama got the resignation last night he didn't want to accept it and it took a while before he finally did. If he was actually a security threat that wouldn't be the case. Patraeus is by all accounts a good general/director and while made mistakes and got investigated was not actually security risk. Just my opinion. I know you will feel differently. Which is fine.

So you're ok with someone with really, really, really poor judgement running the CIA? I'm not.

Given the frequency of occurrence I dont want to lose about half the candidate pool over infidelity. You end up with LESS not MORE qualified candidates if you start factoring in their personal relationships. Things that matter in that position are correctly interpreting intelligence, managing a large enterprise, how to allocate resources, knowing when/when not to use for, knowing when/when not to move on a target, etc etc. Marriage vows dont enter into the equation.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You know it's not so much the lack of judgement or the affair. Do we really want someone running the CIA who can't keep a secret???

Exactly what I came to post

Plenty of people have affairs and almost none of them quit their jobs to focus on their marriage. What does that even mean? Sitting around at home staring at the wall 24/7 will help anything ? Yes its possible. But my hunch is the details of the affair are particularly nasty and involve another person at the CIA, which would have called into question his an abuse of authority.

Not really your average 40 hour a week paycheck to paycheck life for him. He has options that most don't.

Perhaps he just wanted to get back to a more normal life. Get a less stressful job and try to enjoy life with his wife/family again?

So, General Petraeus was a person that the left call General Betray-us when he worked for "W" when he had nothing but a stellar career and was considered squeaky clean. Now that he's betrayed his wife, what's the left have to say?

General "betray-her?"

General "betray-her?"

Sorry TNB, but I just made more than a Ruth Crist dinner on the bet that you would be the first lib to take the low hanging fruit. Good chance that he was/is a pretty good guy that the libs schit on for no reason, but proved to be like a lot of us and are now silent. I agree with the silence, not the prior schit.

Well basically, he (1) set up a personal gmail account, (2) allowed his mistress to share access to the account, (3) accessed the account from numerous public computers and (4) discussed his travel schedule, work schedule and personal information about himself in this e-mail account. Anyone who has worked in law enforcement and government security already know that (2), (3) and (4) are very big no-nos; and that (4) is forbidden for anyone with high security clearances.