Election Gameday Thread

fjl2nd

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty idealistic.

Well I was just giving you my take on the idea hehe. Anyway I think we've moved past the era of global nuclear war on a massive scale...it's now about stopping 1 or a few nukes from getting to a terrorist.

Well I was just giving you my take on the idea hehe. Anyway I think we've moved past the era of global nuclear war on a massive scale...it's now about stopping 1 or a few nukes from getting to a terrorist.

Whatever. I'm feeling pretty misanthropic today. If they want to blow it up, I'm cool. Better than a slow death.

The idea I believe is that we have plenty so if we can cut some that we have over what we need (which is a lot) to get others to cut them and reduce the amount floating around to be stolen or sold then it's a good idea.

This is a good idea...provided we don't get suckered. What's your estimation of Obama getting suckered? Mine is not so good.

Obama has a lot of growing up to do on the foreign policy front.

And is Obama the guy to attack Iran, and prevent that from happening, if that's what must happen?

I hope he is.

It's over, despite the desperate rants of Karl Rove and Donald Trump. Let's wake up tomorrow and try to come to some compromise to deal with the economic issues. Good night and God bless.

Rove isn't ranting at all. He has lived this many times before. He is asking to be cautious. How maniacal of him....

This is a good idea...provided we don't get suckered. What's your estimation of Obama getting suckered? Mine is not so good.

Obama has a lot of growing up to do on the foreign policy front.

And is Obama the guy to attack Iran, and prevent that from happening, if that's what must happen?

I hope he is.

Well assuming Obama is a sucker (for the sake of argument) since we have a huge stockpile and can just make more whenever we want it's a sucker proof issues. And Obama will deal with Iran. Iran is breaking already, they're ready to deal soon. Their in shambles and dealing w/ riots, no medicine, currency crisis, etc...

explanation on ohio as of 5 mins ago; 700000 outstanding votes. 600000 in lucas (toledo) and cayahoga (cleveland) which lean overwhelminfgly dem.

oh and pbs calculates subtracting ohio and adding nevada =271. haven't confirmed that on my own.

Edited by birdog1960

So then what's the benefit of cutting it in half?

Is not about the number of nukes we have. It's about getting other countries to reduce their nukes.

Oh my God! Obama* has won using small tactics and failed policies. I hope all the blind sheep that voted for Obama* this time will remember this day. The day that changed this once great Country for ever. Four years of failure after failure and lie after lie...We deserve better. I smell large scale voter fraud.

I think you said the same exact hing four years ago. You were wrong then also.

explanation on ohio as of 5 mins ago; 700000 outstanding votes. 600000 in lucas (toledo) and cayahoga (cleveland) which lean overwhelminfgly dem.

oh and pbs calculates subtracting ohio and adding nevada =271. haven't confirmed that on my own.

now that they call Colorado it's over. NV is not a place GOP is confident. For that matter neither are the counties in OH. FL and VA I think both leaning Obama now also...although who knows in the end w/ them but it doesn't matter.

Republicans will be just fine and are arguably better off with this result. They'll capture more Congressional seats in 2014 and are the heavy favorites to win the Presidency in 2016, especially if Rubio is candidate. I'm not even that familiar with Rubio but you can just tell. He'll win the Latino vote and swing lots of women with his good looks. The timing will work out so that by 2016, the GOP will control the Presidency, the Senate, and the House

Republicans will be just fine and are arguably better off with this result. They'll capture more Congressional seats in 2014 and are the heavy favorites to win the Presidency in 2016, especially if Rubio is candidate. I'm not even that familiar with Rubio but you can just tell. He'll win the Latino vote and swing lots of women with his good looks. The timing will work out so that by 2016, the GOP will control the Presidency, the Senate, and the House

That's looking way out and not really the thing to do tonight...but I will say...Rubio ain't a President. Plain and simple.

Well assuming Obama is a sucker (for the sake of argument) since we have a huge stockpile and can just make more whenever we want it's a sucker proof issues. And Obama will deal with Iran. Iran is breaking already, they're ready to deal soon. Their in shambles and dealing w/ riots, no medicine, currency crisis, etc...

I don't know....Obama had an angle of attack handed to him with the whole Iran uprising/Green party...and did nothing with it.

That was a perfect scenario to support it covertly, and not get us into "a land war in Asia" :lol: Ideology is what got in the way. If that was Reagan, he'd have gone for it. It's easy to sit back now and 2nd guess of course, he would have looked awfully bad to the left, the people who he owes for being in office.

But, leadership is about courage, not going along with everybody else when they are wrong, because you are too weak to do the right thing.

Go back and find one post where I said bad polls = Romney wins.

You can't. I am not an idiot. That's something you would have said.

I repeatedly said "none of this means Obama will lose". What I did say: somebody, either Axelrod or Gallup is going to be in trouble on Wednesday.

And the polls, with a D+6 or higher turnout...do not make sense...still.

What I think we're going to find out about this: how we do polling has to change.

Really? It seemed like the polling this year was deadly accurate.

And the Obama camp was right about 72% white vote.

Really? It seemed like the polling this year was deadly accurate.

And the Obama camp was right about 72% white vote.

And Gallup was wrong...big.

But hardly any of the polls were right about that...which was/is my point. Many had 68%, and still some had Obama losing by 1 or Romney losing by 6. Neither of these things are true...especially in Ohio. Where Romney is winning/losing by the minute.

What's unnerving here: There's no way the turnout was D+6 AND and the national race is a relative tie. IF it was D+6...Obama should be blowing Romney out nationally the same as he did with McCain.

None of this makes sense. It doesn't square with the historic trends. It is unprecedented.

he will never admit it...just let him continue on

Go look at the results, and find me a D+6 or higher turnout. What do you want me to admit exactly?