Election Gameday Thread

fjl2nd

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wins Florida too the electoral tally wont be far off from the drubbing McCain got. That party - as even many former repubs like me concede - has a lot of work to do. Enough the prehistoric social moral values BS, messianic mid east policy, conflict driven foreign war policy that country is worn out on, etc etc .... make it about the economy and clearly define what that is, and they could have this going away. Losing a landslide against one of the most vulnerable incumbents in history is a disgrace

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'm ashamed to be a Floridian tonight. Our polls close at freaking 7pm Eastern time and we are the 1 state in the union to not have a verdict in when the election is over. They just reported on NBC that Florida officially said !@#$ it and won't count any more tonight. Absolute garbage.

I'm ashamed to be a Floridian tonight. Our polls close at freaking 7pm Eastern time and we are the 1 state in the union to not have a verdict in when the election is over. They just reported on NBC that Florida officially said !@#$ it and won't count any more tonight. Absolute garbage.

Having worked and lived in FL for the sum of 14 months...this doesn't surprise me at all. It remains the only place I was proofed, twice, in different stores, over 2 weeks, for buying soda. :blink: It's the only place I've seen someone drive their car, slowly, looking straight ahead, into a pond. :lol::blink:

That happened right in front of us, and no senior moment here, when we went in to get the guy? He wasn't a day over 40, with no medical condition we could see, and he wasn't trying to kill himself...intentionally. If youtube existed back then...I'd have big $ just posting "Florida...again." videos.

They can't drive, they can't park, they can't handle anything outside their routine. The smart people all live in small, contained areas, and the idiots abound everywhere else :lol: Say what you want about San Fran...at least they are competent at most things.

I know PPP is conservative and in defeat mode and hates Obama but that was sort of a vintage Obama speech. Strong.

I thought it was crap and you cant call me a hater since I voted for him 2x. It's time to lose the MLK preacher rhetoric and deliver the goods.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I thought it was crap and you cant call me a hater since I voted for him 2x. It's time to lose the MLK preacher rhetoric and deliver the goods.

lol if you voted for him thinking he would deliver actual goods at 2AM with an acceptance speech ... idk what to say

Hate the polls all you want but Silver went 50 for 50. And RCP, which is just an average, also went 50 for 50.

yes, except for http://www.rasmussen...l_tracking_poll rasmussen. he was wrong on popular vote big time and didn't predict a single battleground state (as far as i can tell he just abstained on them all). was off by 3 seats in senate races.

can we now stop you repubs from saying "he is the most accurate"? he is reprehensible: the worst kind of propagandist. shame...

edit: in absolute numbers, rasmussen had fla, virginia, colorado and iowa going to myth. ohio a tie. rcp aggregates had none of them in romneys column. the guy's a shill, plain and simple.

Edited by birdog1960

So all in all, the election wasn't as close as some had thought. It was still a good race in a way. It was negative at times, but I am a sucker for Presidential elections. Kudos to Mitt Romney for what he did. He really had me believing he could win and I was okay with him winning. That first debate changed the landscape for a lot of people. I never saw the guy the way a lot of Democrats did - as some evil person with no heart.

Looking forward (no pun intended), I feel optimistic. It's tough to feel that now, but I think some things will get done this time around. Republicans are going to have to be a little more flexible on things and the President has to do the same to cement his legacy. We are the edge of either a very prosperous time or a very dark time depending on which way our elected officials decide to go.

Here's to the next four years being great!

So all in all, the election wasn't as close as some had thought. It was still a good race in a way. It was negative at times, but I am a sucker for Presidential elections. Kudos to Mitt Romney for what he did. He really had me believing he could win and I was okay with him winning. That first debate changed the landscape for a lot of people. I never saw the guy the way a lot of Democrats did - as some evil person with no heart.

Looking forward (no pun intended), I feel optimistic. It's tough to feel that now, but I think some things will get done this time around. Republicans are going to have to be a little more flexible on things and the President has to do the same to cement his legacy. We are the edge of either a very prosperous time or a very dark time depending on which way our elected officials decide to go.

Here's to the next four years being great!

Welcome to the lost decade.