Nate Silver--Obama 85.1% Chance Of Winning

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this yesterday. Hope she's right. I'm one of those that believes that businesses will be so optimistic with a President-elect Romney that we'll see an immediate bump.

Yes, me too. I believe we'll see that too. What the country lacks is leadership and confidence in that leadership. BO has come up embarrassingly short in the leadership department. He was given the keys to the Cadillac and he drove it without changing the oil and it ran out of gas at the edge of a cliff.

Saw this yesterday. Hope she's right. I'm one of those that believes that businesses will be so optimistic with a President-elect Romney that we'll see an immediate bump.

I would love to see some optimism come out of this contest. If a Romney-elect would mean a righting of the ship, a bump in business, a restoration of the economy, then I'm 100% in support. I can't stand Romney - I think he is an insufferable lying prick, but if he helps my country to be the best, then let's do it.

I recently went to a Romney event in NoVa. I can say that the folks there seemed energized and enthusiastic. People seemed excited and were talking about the future in really idyllic terms (no, I didn't mean ideal). Atmospherically, it seemed very neo-Clintonian. The polls certainly didn't have them dissuaded. That was good to see. Maybe there is something to this whole "polls are erroneous" thing. I don't think so, but maybe...

I should say to0, though, that I also attended an Obama rally in Prince William county, VA this weekend. The turnout wasn't as good but it was an enthusiastic bunch.

I would love to see some optimism come out of this contest. If a Romney-elect would mean a righting of the ship, a bump in business, a restoration of the economy, then I'm 100% in support. I can't stand Romney - I think he is an insufferable lying prick, but if he helps my country to be the best, then let's do it.

I recently went to a Romney event in NoVa. I can say that the folks there seemed energized and enthusiastic. People seemed excited and were talking about the future in really idyllic terms (no, I didn't mean ideal). Atmospherically, it seemed very neo-Clintonian. The polls certainly didn't have them dissuaded. That was good to see. Maybe there is something to this whole "polls are erroneous" thing. I don't think so, but maybe...

I should say to0, though, that I also attended an Obama rally in Prince William county, VA this weekend. The turnout wasn't as good but it was an enthusiastic bunch.

Sugar high from drinking too much Koolaide.

If it turns out that all the mainstream polls were wrong and Romney wins, I'll let 3rdning write my signature line and I'll keep it for one year.

Be thankful that this would be considered a gratuitous promise, and therefore non-binding, in any court of law.

Only time in something like 18 elections that trend didn't hold.

And also is the current precedent

The Redskins predictor held true throughout the 20th century but has not been accurate thus far predicting whether a sitting president is re-eleected

Edited by /dev/null

Nope, 'Skins lost to the Steelers in '08 & incumbent party lost.

It was 2000 or 2004 where the rule was wrong. But then people said, it had something to do with the popular vote in 2000. Some weird rule to amend why it was wrong.

So basically, it means nothing.

Edited by fjl2nd

It was 2000 or 2004 where the rule was wrong. But then people said, it had something to do with the popular vote in 2000. Some weird rule to amend why it was wrong.

So basically, it means nothing.

It was '04 that the 'rule' didn't work.

And, no offense, but of course it means nothing. There is no causation between the 2 events, though the correlation is pretty friggin' amazing.

Voter suppression is in overdrive in Ohio and Florida. I predict one or both of those state's Secretaries of State will try to invalidate their results in order to block the Presidents reelection. They are that desperate. The Koch Bros and Sheldon Adelman didn't spend a half-billion dollars just to let Romney lose.

PTR

Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?

It was '04 that the 'rule' didn't work.

And, no offense, but of course it means nothing. There is no causation between the 2 events, though the correlation is pretty friggin' amazing.

I know it means nothing. Lol. It's just crazy how it worked out.

I do put stock in the 7-11 cups though..........

http://www.7-eleven.com/7-Election/NationalResults.aspx

Edited by fjl2nd