AJ McCarron

Billsrhody

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As dominant as Alabama has been, it really hasn't produced quarterbacks in the last four decades. I don't think McCarron is any better than Barker, who didn't merit NFL starting work. It's been one Jesse Palmer (Fla., I know) after another; the best may have been McElroy.

If the Bills spend a fifth or sixth on him (after taking someone better in the first or second), I will not be upset.

Just watched him drive down the field to win the game against LSU's defense.. he made a believer out of me. I'd love to see him in a bills uniform next year.

did you see collin klein, heisman frontrunner, roll Ok St tonight? Would love to see him in a bills uniform next year.

Actually, I would mind, because he is a good college quarterback who doesnt translate to the NFL, just like McCarron

granted, Klein lacks accuracy and McCarron lacks arm strength, but neither are NFL starters

Edited by FluffHead

I assume that's the only drive you saw all game?

No I watched the whole thing. He wasn't good up until that last drive, but he was good when it counted.

Besides that he's having a great year.. building off of a good year last year. He's got prototypical size and seems like a pretty smart well spoken kid.

Whats not to like?

did you see collin klein, heisman frontrunner, roll Ok St tonight? Would love to see him in a bills uniform next year.

Actually, I would mind, because he is a good college quarterback who doesnt translate to the NFL, just like McCarron

granted, Klein lacks accuracy and McCarron lacks arm strength, but neither are NFL starters

Funny you say that. I happen to know of a QB who has both arm strength AND accuracy. And they call him...

...Mr Murray

Funny you say that. I happen to know of a QB who has both arm strength AND accuracy. And they call him...

...Mr Murray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSwS6C1yZA

these are my observations based on watching on television. I'm not a fan of Murray because he is short and has looked very average in big spots.

Landry Jones is terribly inaccurate whenver there is pressure. But both of those guys will play in the NFL.

McCarron and Klein I doubt will play in the league. Both lack arm talent.

Barkley and Smith are the most talented and worthy of a first round pick, although neither are in the same class as Luck/RG3. Neither have elite arm strength, but are good enough. Both have good accuracy.

these are my observations based on watching on television. I'm not a fan of Murray because he is short and has looked very average in big spots.

Landry Jones is terribly inaccurate whenver there is pressure. But both of those guys will play in the NFL.

McCarron and Klein I doubt will play in the league. Both lack arm talent.

Barkley and Smith are the most talented and worthy of a first round pick, although neither are in the same class as Luck/RG3. Neither have elite arm strength, but are good enough. Both have good accuracy.

The "short" thing is a blessing! That means he'll drop just enough for us to grab him. And show me ONE QB in college who hasn't looked average at times? Even Peyton Manning, the most "nfl-ready" QB to come out of college in the last twenty years, had some average games....Murray's stats in 2.5 years are superior to Peyton's. I'm not saying he'll be the next Peyton Manning....not at all....but I think he'll be the first Eric Zeier/Drew Brees hybrid. :thumbsup:

Jesus Christ...

There are maybe a handful of folks on this entire board who know anything at all about evaluating collegiant quarterback play and skill sets for their translation to the NFL game, and those of you who have touted Jones, Barkley, Murray, McCarron, and Klien in this thread are not among them. Just stop it, seriously.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

...Mr Murray

"[Tyler] Bray was spectacular from start to finish. He threw for a school-record 530 yards, completing 29 of 47 throws, including five touchdown passes.

Along the way, Bray pushed his way past Peyton Manning, who threw for 523 yards against Kentucky in 1997."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121103/SPORTS0601/311030043/Bray-directs-first-comeback-win-Vols-QB?odyssey=nav|head

Just saying :flirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8EcVBn_SU

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Jesus Christ...

There are maybe a handful of folks on this entire board who know anything at all about evaluating collegiant quarterback play and skill sets for their translation to the NFL game, and those of you who have touted Jones, Barkley, Murray, McCarron, and Klien in this thread are not among them. Just stop it, seriously.

Okay, I'll stop mentioning Aaron Murray if you tell me what "collegiant" means.

"[Tyler] Bray was spectacular from start to finish. He threw for a school-record 530 yards, completing 29 of 47 throws, including five touchdown passes.

Along the way, Bray pushed his way past Peyton Manning, who threw for 523 yards against Kentucky in 1997."

http://www.tennessea...dyssey=nav|head

Just saying :flirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8EcVBn_SU

lol....touche, brother :)

Do you think he will last more than like two NFL games, though? The guy is like a STICK.

Edited by ajzepp

Jesus Christ...

You do realize that Barkley could go #1 overall? I think you're in the minority on that one...

Edited by Billsrhody

Per Todd McShay:

The most underrated quarterback in the country?

ESPN NFL draft analyst Todd McShay said it’s Alabama junior AJ McCarron.

“This guy keeps getting a little better every time I watch him in terms of the little things you have to do to be a successful quarterback,” McShay said during a teleconference with reporters this morning. “I’d love to see him come back for his final year of eligibility and just continue to ascend.

“It wouldn’t shock me if we’re talking for the 2014 draft A.J. McCarron as a potential top 20 overall draft pick because he’s got enough tools. I just I like the way he plays the game.”

McShay said he is aware of the reputation of Alabama quarterbacks being asked to manage games and little else. He said that might’ve hurt how some view McCarron.

“I feel he got typecast coming into the year because he’s an Alabama quarterback,” he said.

McShay added that McCarron does manage the game well, but also has a good arm.

“He has a good arm,” McShay said. “It’s not elite, but it’s very good. He can make all the NFL throws. He’s really good in terms of his accuracy throwing on the run.”

McCarron is a red-shirt Sophomore...It's VERY unlikely that he will come out...That being said, he's more of an intangible guy right now...Which he proved with that final drive last night...He has some skills, there is no question...Just has to be more consistent...I have no doubt that IF McCarron makes further improvement next year at Bama he could be a 1st or 2nd Round Pick...Look at the QB's Drafted in the 1st-3rd Rounds the past few years, consider the Rookie scale...Anyway...I don't see any reason why McCarron can't go fairly high in 2014 given all the factors... B-)

WHat about the kid at Clemson this year --- heck i can't even remember his name but i do know that before the game yesterday they were 7 & 1 & the kid has scored some rediculous amount of TD's

Something like 56 - 42 in the air & 10 on the ground , not to shabby !!