[closed]Nix's Future Franchise QB

Geno Smith. He's already forgotten more about defensive schemes and how to attack them than Barkley will ever learn. Not to mention he has more physical gifts. End of discussion.

But it's looking like KC is gonna beat us to the chance.

GO BILLS!!!

http://nomorelinks....ack-in-buffalo/

Bills looking at Barkley?

nowhere has ANYONE from the bills organization - and no where in that article, other than pure author of article conjecture - does anyone say the bills want Barkley....the author of article is ASSUMING Barkley will be a coveted QB by many teams (including the bills) so if he falls the bills would trade up for him....

terrible "reporting" and terrible "pass along reporting" by Damond

http://nomorelinks....ack-in-buffalo/

Bills looking at Barkley?

God, I hope not. First of all, I don't trust USC QBs after the most recent bunch. Secondly, Barkley has been very underwhelming IMO. Thirdly, I think Geno would be the better choice. Lastly, I think its too early to be talking about QBs to draft as we don't know where we will be drafting. What if we rattle off a few wins in the next 5 games, could be a different story. Havent lost faith in the Bills THIS season.

Nix stated on WGR that he wants a franchise QB in place before he leaves. Awesome, great to hear. My question is, who out of next years draft crop is the best choice?

For me, its a toss up between Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. What do you say?

Barkley is flat out horrible and Smith disappears in big games.

Landry Jones was great two years ago, fell off last year, started slow this year but has come back to old form and played a fantastic game against the best defense in Notre Dame and would have won if it wasn't for a holding call and their center snapping the ball into the endzone. In fact on that play Jones made a hell of play by running back into the endzone under pressure and completing a pass thus not allowing a safety or TD.

If KC ditches Cassle, I wouldn't mind bringing him in (flame away!), ditching Fitz and Thigpen, and drafting two QBs. Watching the game last night it looks like he made several nice throws, but is undone by his terrible WR corps that drops passes, etc. This includes Garbage Time King Bowe.

If KC beats us to taking Gino Smith, I would like Aaron Murray, and Nassib in a later round.

For reference, here is an updated list of QB prospects in the 2013 class as ranked by CBS Sports.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB

Barkley is flat out horrible and Smith disappears in big games.

Landry Jones was great two years ago, fell off last year, started slow this year but has come back to old form and played a fantastic game against the best defense in Notre Dame and would have won if it wasn't for a holding call and their center snapping the ball into the endzone. In fact on that play Jones made a hell of play by running back into the endzone under pressure and completing a pass thus not allowing a safety or TD.

I would also like Landry Jones. I was also impressed with his play against ND. His dis-allowance of a safety or TD was amazing. If I recall there were about three ND defenders right on top of him. (I was rooting for ND and Jones). He has the poise and smarts to be a good NFL QB.

Geno Smith. He's already forgotten more about defensive schemes and how to attack them than Barkley will ever learn. Not to mention he has more physical gifts. End of discussion.

But it's looking like KC is gonna beat us to the chance.

GO BILLS!!!

Geno hasn't faced any better Ds than Barkely has and isn't some megamind, just another decent QB

What's with Geno love? I haven't watched him much but whenever I have, i see nothing special. Is it the Cam newton, RG3 influence?

yep, grantee that if RG3 didn't blow last year, Geno would be a non issue.

What's with Geno love? I haven't watched him much but whenever I have, i see nothing special. Is it the Cam newton, RG3 influence?

Not at all. It's his command of the game influence. That kid is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. His knowledge is equal to Luck's or Griffin's. His game against LSU last season was a real eye-opener for me. LSU was a vastly superior defensive team and they threw the book at him but he gave them all they could handle and then some.

All QBs have tough games and his last two have been just that. Doesn't lower my opinion of him one bit.

GO BILLS!!!

Geno hasn't faced any better Ds than Barkely has and isn't some megamind, just another decent QB

yep, grantee that if RG3 didn't blow last year, Geno would be a non issue.

In just doing a cursory look at the rankings, your assertion that Smith hasn't faced any better defenses is just plain wrong. He's faced two in the top 12 (Maryland, Texas Tech) and three in the top 30 (Kansas St.). I don't see ONE defense that Barkley has faced that ranks in the top 30, let alone top 12. From what I can see the top defense he's faced is ranked 40th (Syracuse).

I gave you Tanehill. But your love affair with Landry and complete whiff on Geno Smith leaves me with only one thought: you have lost all credibility with regard to evaluating QB play.

Griffin blew last year? That's news to me. Not to mention the entire college football viewing public.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.