You Go Unions!

3rdnlng

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you surprised? Do you know how much overtime these guys are going to lose out on if they allow these volunteers to help?

Honestly, it sounds crazy to say but I'm starting to believe those wackos that say this country is within a few generations of separating.

Are you surprised? Do you know how much overtime these guys are going to lose out on if they allow these volunteers to help?

Honestly, it sounds crazy to say but I'm starting to believe those wackos that say this country is within a few generations of separating.

Not just the OT hours, I know guys that are linemen for NYSEG, union rules only allow so many hours before they get lunch and dinner breaks and if they work a certain number of hours they get paid for the meal break.

I just wish these guys would be more worried about the people that need their power back on than the stupid union rules.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/shock-audio-ny-union-members-shout-scabs-and-scumbags-at-visiting-utility-crews

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pledged Friday that he wouldn’t permit union interference with power restoration, but the governments of New York state and New York City have been silent on the matter. (RELATED:

Christie threatens “Disaster Control

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/shock-audio-ny-union-members-shout-scabs-and-scumbags-at-visiting-utility-crews/#ixzz2BD22WUMl

• 2 weeks later...

Hostess gives striking union members the pink slip Ho-Ho in the ol' Twinkie.

Closes St. Louis plant and releases 365 striking workers.

Be careful what you ask for as you will surely get it.

http://www.stltoday....pBemv2I.twitter

Hostess Brands permanently closed three bakeries Monday, including a plant in St. Louis where 365 jobs were cut, in response to a bakers' union strike that started Friday.

The bankrupt maker of Twinkies and Wonder bread said it's trying to avert liquidating the entire company, and it shuttered three plants that were no longer able to produce and deliver products because of picket lines. The other plant closures are in Seattle and Cincinnati, where a combined 262 jobs were cut.

"We deeply regret this decision, but we have repeatedly explained that we will close facilities that are no longer able to produce and deliver products because of a work stoppage — and that we will close the entire company if widespread strikes cripple our business," Hostess CEO Gregory Rayburn said in a statement.

Edited by LABillzFan

Unions, like the government, started out with good intentions. Over the years they both became corrupt.

Yes, they thrive off of each other. In the public sector, the unions actually negotiate contracts with the people they contribute to in order for them to stay in office.

The private sector contributes to the government people who make decisions such as screwing bondholders and taking their money to prop up the union pensions.

It wasn't just workers from LA, otherwise known as Lower Alabama, it was workers from FL, TX, and GA sent home, or who chose to go back home. Many of them were actually union workers, but the local demanded, anyone working in their territory, had to pay local dues...

old story.....

It wasn't just workers from LA, otherwise known as Lower Alabama, it was workers from FL, TX, and GA sent home, or who chose to go back home. Many of them were actually union workers, but the local demanded, anyone working in their territory, had to pay local dues...

old story.....

Yes, I started this thread 10 days ago.

Holy !@#$, I meant to post about this last week. I had a customer stop by who was a higherup on Duke Energy. He said they sent a fleet up per request of ?? and they were turned away and had to return without assisting because they were not union. The guy said Duke energy was one of the first mobilized because of the little impact on NC they were prepared and instead went to NY as their contingency plan. Is this for real? I mean, I did not want to believe it and was too lazy to look in to it and instead was going to ask everyone here...but wow.

Holy !@#$, I meant to post about this last week. I had a customer stop by who was a higherup on Duke Energy. He said they sent a fleet up per request of ?? and they were turned away and had to return without assisting because they were not union. The guy said Duke energy was one of the first mobilized because of the little impact on NC they were prepared and instead went to NY as their contingency plan. Is this for real? I mean, I did not want to believe it and was too lazy to look in to it and instead was going to ask everyone here...but wow.

I posted the OP 10 freakin days ago, so this schit probably happened 11-12 days prior to today. It's sad that the unions would choose death over union dues.

I posted the OP 10 freakin days ago, so this schit probably happened 11-12 days prior to today. It's sad that the unions would choose death over union dues.

And it all comes down to money. Remember, business owners are the only greedy people. :rolleyes:

I've been busy. Hard to get to the TSW. Even harder crawling down to the cellar to look in the pipes that lead to the sewer that PPP is underneath.

But it is amazing to hear all of this from the horses mouth.