Unreal quotes by Shep

develop818

Reading between the lines, I think his point is that no one is lining up and out-physicaling them.

If he really believes that, then I'm asking for whatever they are passing out at OBD...Because I greatly need a detour from reality as well!!! B-)

I think that he just doesn't understand what it takes to win in the NFL. He thinks that if you are giving up 30+ points per game then it should look like LSU playing LA Tech on film, but when he watches the film he doesn't see that kind of mismatch. The teams are closely matched physically. Too bad NFL offenses only need a small edge to rip you a new one. The small, occasional breakdowns he's talking about are what separates good from bad in the big leagues.

Edited by vincec

Its not reading between the lines. The OP misquoted and disregarded context. There's a lot to be upset with the bills about. Why are you inventing more reasons? It gets annoying after a while. Continually people make things up, and display no comprehension or analytical skills whatsoever. All it does is misinform those that browse threads quickly.

Its not reading between the lines. The OP misquoted and disregarded context. There's a lot to be upset with the bills about. Why are you inventing more reasons? It gets annoying after a while. Continually people make things up, and display no comprehension or analytical skills whatsoever. All it does is misinform those that browse threads quickly.

What did I misquote? I did not even quote him in the original post. Bottom line you have not refuted a thing. You are throwing out generalizations that dont mean anything. I gave you a direct quote.in my second post. Funny how you completely ignore that....

http://wgr550.com/co...emplateId=43253

I always wonder how in the world you can be 32 in the league and just accept it as an NFL team. I now know. Just deny deny deny. These quotes by Shep are just rediculous. He tries to say the defense is not giving up 80 yard drives!?!??. That the only reason they look so bad is because they give up 83 yard running plays.

Does anyone remember last year against NYG? When Fred broke an 80 yarder in the first quarter? I'm pretty sure he ended up around 100 yards rushing. If that was the problem on our D we would do the same thing. So if you give up one 83 yarder. What is the excuse for the other 120 yard they give up?

And the worst part is he tries to insult our intelligence and say we don't know football? I know enough to know he can't play. And that when you are on pace to break most rush yards given up there is a lot more then "missing one gap every 10th play" going on.

I do think coaching is the main culprit, but Shep, Wilson, Dareus, Moats are not far behind at all. I really don't know how anyone could say he is a good player at the moment. He ALWAYS falls backwards. He can't shed a block, and is slow to the point of attack. What I he good at?

I could be wrong here, but, and just hear me out.... isn't Football a game where if you score more points than the other team, you win? Right? Am I good so far? And if your defense gives up more points than your offense scores, you lose, right?

I could be wrong here, but, and just hear me out.... isn't Football a game where if you score more points than the other team, you win? Right? Am I good so far? And if your defense gives up more points than your offense scores, you lose, right?

Correct! One point for you.

Whats your point?

I think Shep is merely spewing up Wanny-isms. Any one who has watched the Bills can plainly see they're not stopping many plays at all. To say they stop 10 plays only to give up one huge play must think that an 8-9 yard run is "stopping" them. Very disaapointing comments from one of guys most liable for the huge gains and consistent ones at that, against the Bills D. This is totally dellusional.

No. They are as bad as newspaper editors.

No. They are as bad as newspaper writers who write column before game to meet deadline.

Any more silly questions.

As Mencken once said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

It appears to me Kelvin just came out of a Defensive team meeting lead by Dave explaining that if the Players could trust in the playcalling and keep close attention to disciplines, the breakaway plays will stop.

He is full of Wanny koolaid right now.

Insert gratuitous urine joke here.

Correct! One point for you.

Whats your point?

You gave him a point and you don't know what it is?

Honestly, players with that type of mentality, that make excuses and try to justify their sucking, should just be cut. Our team sucks because that has been th attitute for 15 years. Just more excuses. We don't need players like that. We dont need players who go 15% like Mario Williams.

We need guys like KW would play all out every snap. Hungry guys like Kyle Moore. Shappard is clearly part of the problemw ith his play, but even moresoe with his attitude.

I'd like to hear him explain how you give up 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in a single game just from the occasional big play.

Oh wait, those are numbers. Never mind, I'm an idiot who doesn't know football.

Hmmm....too bad they don't give away W's based on stopping the other team most of the time. I think Shep may need to be reminded that a 14 play 99 yard TD drive or a 1 play 80 yard TD run look the same on the scoreboard. Same crap our D has been doing for years. Stop em on first and second then give up third and long. Rinse and repeat.

Hey Shep I've got a few numbers for ya. 550+ yards; 2 games in a row. Here's a couple more; 3-4. How about these: 48, 52, 45 (points given up in individual games). Do those mean anything Shep?

Yes and yes.

We give up long sustained drives and explosive plays. C Johnson not only had an 83 yard run, he had several over 20 yards, including one at the end of the game! Our pass rush has been underwhelming, yet we're going to "live or die by the front four" as Wanny recently said. Our corners outside of Gilmore are crying "why me?". Our LBs can't maintain gap assignments and Barnett said he'll continue to be aggressive. Byrd gets sucked in on run plays instead of keeping his depth as the FS on the play, and George Wilson looks like a statue out there. And Shep spends 99% of the time on the sideline, so maybe he doesn't know football either.

The cliche is that offenses take what the defense gives them. Well, our defense gives them whatever they want.

I can't recall a single play he has made since he has been in a Bills uniform.

If he had played his college ball at McNeese State instead of LSU, he'd be looking for work right now. I don't remember the last time I saw this guy shed a block.