If your candidate doesn't win....

Juror#8

He has said he would support overturning Roe v Wade... that is in his own words.... if additonal conservatives justices are appointment to the SCOTUS, I don't think it is out of th question it could happen, do you? I am not going to advocate abortion, nor advoate taxpayers money for it, but I believe it is not my place to chose for others.

As far the war on drugs Romney will have the same position as Obama.... I don't care for Obama position.. heck, there are btoh Dem and R's on the radio here in Colorado, together, trying to stop a movement to make MJ legal in the State.

Roe vs. Wade is not going to get overturned. I am not for abortion. I'd rather see adoption in its stead, but I'm for a woman's right to choose within limits. The difference betweeen many of us conservatives is that we may not necessarily agree with someone but don't try to ram our beliefs down their throat. Tell me this: if Romney said he was dedicated to keeping Obamacare would you vote for him due to his other qualities and philosophy?

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Men who bring up abortion as a reason to vote for either candidate do so because their candidate brings nothing else to the table. It's just that simple.

That's just not true. Yes, it's clearly a hot-button issue that plays much bigger than it really is. But it is something that people care about. Men have a stake in it too. Similarly, the gay marriage issue... Lots of straight people (left and right) take it very seriously. Not necessarily because it affects them directly, but because it's indicative of a potential administration's position on what they see as the role of gov with regard to certain personal liberties.

...and in light of the fact that the next Pres. will probably get to name a couple more Supreme Court Justices, which equals a big long term influence for issues like these.

It is absolutely stunning to me that the world is on fire, the economy is in the crapper, we're $16 trillion in debt with NO plan to do anything other than tax the rich some more, and you need to vote for Romney because you're afraid he is somehow going to overturn an abortion law? Where was your need to make your own choices when Obamacare was shoved down your throat?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not certain you want to admit this to anyone outside an obscure political forum on an anonymous website dedicated to a consistently crappy football team. Because that's type of rational makes Duck Dodgers seem coherent.

Did you read my original post? I said I didn't care for some of Romney's positions, but after I said I vote Dem for Healthcare, and Healthcare alone... I also stated I didn't particulary like that fact because the ACA is not great legislation... but it is much better than "sorry, **** out of luck"...

And the party of Medicare Part D, Nation Building, NCLB and deficit spending is going to fix things all of the sudden? You guys are funny sometimes, refusing to concede the tenured GOP is just a ****ty as the Democrats at paring down the scope and resposniblities of the Federal Government- no matter who is elected, Government WILL grow... what will grow will be different, but it will get bigger because that what these parties do, and this is who the electorate elect.

If I could buy health insurance without a job, I would vote Dem or R again anytime soon.....

Did you read my original post? I said I didn't care for some of Romney's positions, but after I said I vote Dem for Healthcare, and Healthcare alone... I also stated I didn't particulary like that fact because the ACA is not great legislation... but it is much better than "sorry, **** out of luck"...

And the party of Medicare Part D, Nation Building, NCLB and deficit spending is going to fix things all of the sudden? You guys are funny sometimes, refusing to concede the tenured GOP is just a ****ty as the Democrats at paring down the scope and resposniblities of the Federal Government- no matter who is elected, Government WILL grow... what will grow will be different, but it will get bigger because that what these parties do, and this is who the electorate elect.

If I could buy health insurance without a job, I would vote Dem or R again anytime soon.....

How much do you think you'll be paying for health insurance for you and your wife (who has an expensive pre-existing condition IIRC) under Obamacare? What is the maximum you could pay so as to allow you to quit your job like you wish you could?

Roe vs. Wade is not going to get overturned. I am not for abortion. I'd rather see adoption in its stead, but I'm for a woman's right to choose within limits. The difference betweeen many of us conservatives is that we may not necessarily agree with someone but don't try to ram our beliefs down their throat. Tell me this: if Romney said he was dedicated to keeping Obamacare would you vote for him due to his other qualities and philosophy?

I don't necesarily want the ACA to stay in place, as it stands today- I want to be able to buy health insurance even if I have an pre-exisitng condition, and I don't even care if it was rated for risk.

I would not vote for Romney, I don't particulary like him as a candidate, and he has been thin with details of what he plans to do.. but then again so is Obama. However, if Christie or a guy like John Thune was on the ticket and we have a truly market Healthcare system in place, I would consider voting for them- but I would like to see what a third party candidate could do, as I have said in others posts, not a lot of faith in the R and D's right now.

How much do you think you'll be paying for health insurance for you and your wife (who has an expensive pre-existing condition IIRC) under Obamacare? What is the maximum you could pay so as to allow you to quit your job like you wish you could?

I am not sure on the amount we would be paying with the ACA in place, but to me, it is better than no option at all. We could do thousand a month, perhaps more for the two of us and still be able to do what we want. My preference would be a CAT plan with a 5-10K deductible, and only have insurance for cancer, or Cardiac issues.

That's just not true. Yes, it's clearly a hot-button issue that plays much bigger than it really is. But it is something that people care about. Men have a stake in it too. Similarly, the gay marriage issue... Lots of straight people (left and right) take it very seriously. Not necessarily because it affects them directly, but because it's indicative of a potential administration's position on what they see as the role of gov with regard to certain personal liberties.

...and in light of the fact that the next Pres. will probably get to name a couple more Supreme Court Justices, which equals a big long term influence for issues like these.

Heck, I skipped right over the gay marriage issue... whose right is it to tell others what they can and can't do in the land of liberty?

Edited by B-Large

I am not sure on the amount we would be paying with the ACA in place, but to me, it is better than no option at all. We could do thousand a month, perhaps more for the two of us and still be able to do what we want. My preference would be a CAT plan with a 5-10K deductible, and only have insurance for cancer, or Cardiac issues.

What do you pay at the moment per month for health insurance and is your wife on your plan?

What do you pay at the moment per month for health insurance and is your wife on your plan?

$451.17 bi-weekly for employee and spouse- but we do get a credit towards to monthly nut, which covers much of it outside $100.00 bi-weekly.

Edited by B-Large

$451.17 bi-weekly for employee and spouse- but we do get a credit towards to monthly nut, which covers much of it outside $100.00 bi-weekly.

Since your wife has a pre-existing condition, you'll be paying , 2, maybe 3 times that amount on the exchanges. Which means close to $2-3K/month out of pocket, since you plan on quitting your job. As for a high-deductible/CAT plan, Obamacare all but eliminates them.

Since your wife has a pre-existing condition, you'll be paying , 2, maybe 3 times that amount on the exchanges. Which means close to $2-3K/month out of pocket, since you plan on quitting your job. As for a high-deductible/CAT plan, Obamacare all but eliminates them.

Interested to know where you numbers come from... at 36,000 a year, I am better off banking the money and making a deal with the hospital which is ALWAYS better than tha contract rate anyway...

Interested to know where you numbers come from... at 36,000 a year, I am better off banking the money and making a deal with the hospital which is ALWAYS better than tha contract rate anyway...

People with pre-existing conditions pay at-most 3 times what healthy people do. I took your current rate and mutiplied. Your rate however could be even higher than that, and is certain to rise fast as more healthy people take the tax penalty and make the risk pool worse. And it's possible your employer doesn't even give you the credit you now enjoy.

As for working a deal out, good luck with that. Hospitals are going to be less inclined to give better rates for out-of-pocketers as they get squeezed more by the government. And all it takes is for one unforeseen incident to wipe you out. Which is the reason for insurance,.

If Romney doesn't win, then it simply confirms my worst fear about Americans today: the majority have given in to the handouts and will rely on the government for the rest of their lives. And somewhere in heaven, de Tocqueville is looking down, shrugging his shoulders and mumbling something that sounds a lot like "I told you so."

No. What it means is that the majority of Americans saw through the lies and BS Romney shovels, like how Jeep is moving to China. The man changes positions faster than a weathervane in a hurricane.

PTR

No. What it means is that the majority of Americans saw through the lies and BS Romney shovels, like how Jeep is moving to China. The man changes positions faster than a weathervane in a hurricane.

PTR

Again... Fiat said they were moving Jeep output to China. So, are you saying that the majority see the lie that Fiat wasn't thinking about doing just that? You are a lemming.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

Me:

No, in fact, what I know about business analytics is not as useful, when it comes to analyzing political data, as I thought it was. I need to do more reading and understand this stuff better, because there's definitely something different about it that I don't get yet. I was wrong this time, and I need to find out why. Something odd, for me, happened here, and understanding it may be useful in my work, and make me better at it.

I have grave fears that Obama continues to over-rate and over-rely on his "ability", and learns nothing even though this time, it was his butt on the line, instead of just Ds in Congress. This election, even though he wins it closely, will not serve as the wake-up call that 2010 should have. When we have Democratic bloggers describing his "I got this" attitude as the reason he might lose: just imagine if he wins.

OTOH, the country isn't run by one man. There are no indications that the House is going anywhere. So, it's gridlock. At least gridlock means no more stupidity from DC for at least 2 years.

The irony: we WILL be "on our own", quite literally. Once again, the opposite of what they intend...comes to pass.

PTR

Thanks for doing a drive-by. Your aim was off though. Nothing like getting practice dodging bullets from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. You know, if you are serious about politics why don't you stick around and defend your thoughts or put yourself in a position to learn a little bit.

If Romney wins, I will go on just as planned. I have said many times that I don't mind him. I don't like the fact that he isn't consistent with his views and will basically say anything to get elected. I disagree with him on some economic policy as well.

With a Romney Presidency, I am hoping the Democrats will hold to the Senate at least. (Looks like they will now) I think Romney can work with them and won't have to cave to all Republican wishes,

Thanks for doing a drive-by. Your aim was off though. Nothing like getting practice dodging bullets from the gang that couldn't shoot straight. You know, if you are serious about politics why don't you stick around and defend your thoughts or put yourself in a position to learn a little bit.

Wait...isn't PTR a Canadian? (Christ, where is crayonz when you need him? :lol:) So, isn't his answer:

Me:

Nothing and/or whatever my media/politicians says it does?

Does not apply and/or whatever the USA dictates it does? :lol: (Think I'm kidding? Read on)

------------------------------------------------

One thing I know for sure, if PTR's candidate loses, most Canadian politicians will be invoking "evil Mitt". For reasons passing understanding, they can't seem to get through any political discussion, without involving the USA in some fashion, even for stuff that has nothing to do with us.

It's uncanny. I listened to the last prime minister debates(I was on a long drive, so why not?). No less than 5 times they ended their sentences with "X is bad, and we don't want to do it like they do in the USA(or one of our states)". Meanwhile the other guy countered with "the USA(State) has this and this, and we have (crap), and we might just learn to like (not crap)".

I kept laughing and thinking: :blink: "WTF is this?"

"WTF do we have to do with the Canadian prison system, the French being...French, or the expenditures(they know no other word) on (some Canadian ClusterFucracy), that we don't even have? Why can't they make most of their points without involving us? Seriously, if what is happening in Texas and Arizona :blink: is informing their views to this extent, and they give a crap about Texas and Arizona to this extent, then why bother having 2 countries? I thought this was a debate about what to do in Canada, not Texas. Or, have these guys solved all their own problems to the point that they've got extra time to start working on the domestic issues in Texas? Are they looking for extra credit? The one guy sounded like was running for governor of NY, and was at a Democratic primary debate" :lol: It was goofy...and surreal.

...dammit...this is where crayonz would say "It's Canada, dumbass, of course its goofy and surreal"....but funnier than that.