Vick is done

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people keep throwing this quote out there like it's some horrible thing? Tom Brady has said the EXACT same thing this year. I'm pretty sure all players and coaches would agree.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/brady-says-its-hard-to-win-in-the-nfl/

It's one thing to say it when you win all the time and another to say it (frequently) when you lose all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to me, with a ton of threads on our horrible qb play, there is always a push to bring in Mike Vick for a year or two. I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone want Vick on this team? Or am I just missing something here?

It seems to me, with a ton of threads on our horrible qb play, there is always a push to bring in Mike Vick for a year or two. I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone want Vick on this team? Or am I just missing something here?

It's a cult following. Seems to have died down a bit. I posted on this a short while ago.

http://forums.twobil...k-fans-on-here/

When he was a FA ANYONE who did not want him was a racist.

A) there's very little vick love

B) it's assumed fitz is gone (bonus in march may assure that)

C) VERY limited FA options

D) likely not drafting high enough to get a day one starter

Who takes the reigns for a season between, if all that's true?

It's natural for his name to come up. Just like any vet FA qb, he has lots of warts, and some talent. I won't advocate for him, but I get why his name sneaks in sometimes.

My bad. Missed your thread. Mods, you can close this and I won't get angry. lol

Meh, it was a short thread over 2 months ago. Vick was a starter, and we still had hope then. Much has come about since.

I think it's a matter of several factors:

A) Need to draft/develop a franchise QB

B) A non-Fitz veteran to bridge the gap (2 seasons max) so we actually develop the draft pick/no trial by fire rookie season

C) Reasonable cost: very late/no draft picks, reasonable $

I say non-Fitz because, and I think its clear that many feel this way, he cannot make all the throws. Under Fitz, we cant even tell if Gailey's system is progressing even the slightest.

Given that criteria, and hoping for some upside burst from a new environment, he comes up on the radar (Alex Smith does as well). I think that's all it is really.

Or just read NoSaint's post as I just said the same thing. Sorry!

Woof.

I think it's a matter of several factors:

A) Need to draft/develop a franchise QB

B) A non-Fitz veteran to bridge the gap (2 seasons max) so we actually develop the draft pick/no trial by fire rookie season

C) Reasonable cost: very late/no draft picks, reasonable $

I say non-Fitz because, and I think its clear that many feel this way, he cannot make all the throws. Under Fitz, we cant even tell if Gailey's system is progressing even the slightest.

Given that criteria, and hoping for some upside burst from a new environment, he comes up on the radar (Alex Smith does as well). I think that's all it is really.

Or just read NoSaint's post as I just said the same thing. Sorry!

Woof.

Great minds or something.

Vick threads are getting pretty formulaic.

Ralph's a racist is pretty much a standard Vick post.

Like I said, not going to advocate signing Vick but if you choose to really hang your argument on the worst this board has to offer, you don't come out looking much wiser than those you are pointing the finger at. Very few, if any, serious posters ever went that direction with their arguments.

Frankly, if we got him 3 years ago, we'd be no worse off right now. When the debate is a 7th round backup from Harvard vs a 30+ year old felon.... There were very few ways any of us ended up happy in the long run.

Like I said, not going to advocate signing Vick but if you choose to really hang your argument on the worst this board has to offer, you don't come out looking much wiser than those you are pointing the finger at. Very few, if any, serious posters ever went that direction with their arguments.

Frankly, if we got him 3 years ago, we'd be no worse off right now. When the debate is a 7th round backup from Harvard vs a 30+ year old felon.... There were very few ways any of us ended up happy in the long run.

I read what I read. RW was called a racist on here many times when Vick was available. Thats a fact.

I read what I read. RW was called a racist on here many times when Vick was available. Thats a fact.

And the person that started that talk got booted from TBD. Besides that, if Ralph really was racist, would he shell out $100 Million dollars to Mario Williams...HELL NO!!

This team might be vying for a playoff berth if Vick was the QB. He has a rocket arm, and give him even average protection, he can ignite an offense. He's not the most accurate QB, but I'd take his 59% w/ his running ability over Fitz' 62% any day of the week. That's what, I think, people are seeing.