Why is it that Fitz gets all blame?

UticaBill

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks.

Poor desperate Bills fan. I just replayed the entire game. Fitz was pretty damn good in that game. Those 2 TD throws were sick. That is a pro QB looking off the safely and sticking it in Jones gut. That is a pro QB and a pro coach calling a post on 3rd and 2 and getting exactly the single coverage on SJ they thought they'd get. You are losing your grip on what is happening. You and so many Bills fans are so desperate for some kind of QB savior to ride over the hill and make it all good. Sad to watch. Fitz goes 14 for 15 and 2 scores, but throws a pick on throw 16 and it's "cut him!" amazing. I think it is utterly amazing what Gailey has done , with a couple of exceptions , with a bunch of 7th rounders and free agents top to bottom on offense. Amazing.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Poor desperate Bills fan. I just replayed the entire game. Fitz was pretty damn good in that game. Those 2 TD throws were sick. That is a pro QB looking off the safely and sticking it in Jones gut. That is a pro QB and a pro coach calling a post on 3rd and 2 and getting exactly the single coverage on SJ they thought they'd get. You are losing your grip on what is happening. You and so many Bills fans are so desperate for some kind of QB savior to ride over the hill and make it all good. Sad to watch. Fitz goes 14 for 15 and 2 scores, but throws a pick on throw 16 and it's "cut him!" amazing. I think it is utterly amazing what Gailey has done , with a couple of exceptions , with a bunch of 7th rounders and free agents top to bottom on offense. Amazing.

There's a lot to like about this post. A lot to like indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

So how does this prove that Fitzpatrick is blame free for the loss?

Specifically the horrible INT.

Then geting stage fright with a minute left TOs and 50 yards to go for a game winning FG?

Yes Gailey has done a lot with 7th rounders, UDFAs and cast offs on offense.

Still Fitz gets a share of the blame for the loss. (Perriod)

[/thread]

Why not blame Fitz - it's pretty simple, he can't throw more than 10 yards. Our receiving corp looks inept because the QB can't throw. We have one of the best run games in the league and the run game is not opening the passing game because Fitz can't throw.

Edited by jumbalaya

So what about the other 6 games?

WHY? Try his repeated 2, 3 and 4 INT games in 2 and 3 game stretches throughout the season!

That in of itself is the reason.

WHY? He has almost as many tipped passes as Flutie had!

WHY? Even Miami with "lesser" QB's can defeat NE and the Jets!!!

WHY? He got the big $$$ and looks / acts like he doesn't give a bleep!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

He played pretty damn good? Thay might be to some but NOT on the last drive. 2 minutes left and what does he do?

--------------- ESPN recap -

"He had a bad throw at the end. Other than that, he played really, really well," Gailey said. "If you get rid of all the quarterbacks for one bad throw, you're not going to have any quarterbacks left."

The trouble is, Fitzpatrick's had more than one bad throw this season. In Buffalo's four losses, he's thrown 10 touchdowns, nine interceptions and lost one fumble.

In Buffalo's three wins, Fitzpatrick has five touchdowns, no interceptions and one lost fumble.

And the Bills offense couldn't even produce a first down on its last possession, which ended with Fitzpatrick throwing behind Stevie Johnson on fourth-and-2.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321021002

it was like deja vu from the Az game - 4th qtr - (Although it was a Brad Smith WC) An INT that led to an AZ FG to tie the score - the next drive -

Buffalo Bills at 1:09 3 and out!!! It started with a 10 yard sack and 2 runs with Fred up the middle! Why not Spiller?

And the Bills offense couldn't even produce a first down on its last possession, which ended with Fitzpatrick throwing behind Stevie Johnson on fourth-and-2.

I'm sorry, but that's on Mega-I-Need-A-Mind Chan Gailey. You don't put the ball in Fitzpatricks hands in that situation. You hand it off and spike the ball if you have to after. But the last thing you do is have an inaccurate QB try and make that throw on 4th down.

I think if Fitzy didn't show flashes of pure awesomeness, his ducks and wild overthrows of an open SJ13 downfield wouldn't be so hard to take. His play is just tantalizing enough to drive you nuts when he can't cash it in. Gailey has actually made the most of him, and he is often making the right play calls while Fitz can't execute them. Furthermore, he has been pressing most of the year to the point where he throws an INT at the most inopportune moments.

Fitz is a nice guy and I like him as a backup, but it's never been clearer that he is not an NFL starter for a playoff team, especially one with a defense this poor. He just can't be trusted enough. I'll bet anyone here that he will not quarterback this team to the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but that's on Mega-I-Need-A-Mind Chan Gailey. You don't put the ball in Fitzpatricks hands in that situation. You hand it off and spike the ball if you have to after. But the last thing you do is have an inaccurate QB try and make that throw on 4th down.

+10000

If you can't trust your starting quarterback, anytime of the game, much less when the game is on the line, then he shouldn't be your starting quarterback. Pretty simple, this is the NFL not little league or high school.

If you can't trust your starting quarterback, anytime of the game, much less when the game is on the line, then he shouldn't be your starting quarterback. Pretty simple, this is the NFL not little league or high school.

Gailey does trust Fitz to make that throw with the game on the line, that's one of the problems (maybe the biggest one) on offense.

Fitz is a game manager at best. Gailey should realize this and not use him like he would P. Manning.or Marcia.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Gailey does trust Fitz to make that throw with the game on the line, that's one of the problems (maybe the biggest one) on offense.

Fitz is a game manager at best. Gailey should realize this and not use him like he would P. Manning.or Marcia.

Gailey doesn't trust his defense enough not to make that throw with the game on the line.

But we would be all over Gailey if he ran the ball and didn't make the first down as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Gailey doesn't trust his defense enough not to make that throw with the game on the line.

But we would be all over Gailey if he ran the ball and didn't make the first down as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I strongly disagree.

First, how does trusting his D come into play at all in this case with that little time left, 4th and 2 and 1 timeout? The D gets on the field and the game is over, and it was. Pass or run was the choice, the D doesn't even enter into the thought process.

Second, no one, and I mean no one in their right mind could possibly blame Gailey if he called for a run on 4th and 2 in that case.

They might take exception with which run play, for example if he called a sneak and it didn't work. But trusting Fitz to make a good throw when he only gets one chance at it is not a good bet.

I strongly disagree.

First, how does trusting his D come into play at all in this case with that little time left, 4th and 2 and 1 timeout? The D gets on the field and the game is over, and it was. Pass or run was the choice, the D doesn't even enter into the thought process.

Second, no one, and I mean no one in their right mind could possibly blame Gailey if he called for a run on 4th and 2 in that case.

They might take exception with which run play, for example if he called a sneak and it didn't work. But trusting Fitz to make a good throw when he only gets one chance at it is not a good bet.

I think we're talking about two different series here. I'm talking about the series when Fitz threw his INT. While I understand why Gailey wanted that first down in his 4 minute offense and it would have been a great play if Fitz didn't make a bad decision by going to Jones instead of SJ, I would have been fine with running the ball and burning some clock. I think Gailey would have felt better about running and ending up having to punt and making Tenn. start from inside their twenty and having to get a TD only IF he was confident in his defense to make the game's final stop.

I don't see the point in arguing which is a worse option: putting the ball in Fitz's hands to get a first down or depending on your defense to stop a team from scoring the go ahead TD.

GO BILLS!!!

While in part true - both Stevie and Fitz need to be on the same page, I have not seen that much all season. Fitz has been off.