Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

So your point is that since Fitzpatrick can't be relied on to move the offense more than 8 yards in 52 seconds, we should just be happy that he didn't throw his usual 3 interceptions? If that's so, then why get so down on the defense. They've sucked all year and can't be relied on either!

Fitz threw 3 TDs and orchestrated 5 scoring drives and got 27 points and you want to crucify him for the last drive? Go find a different sport to watch. Haters not wanted on the bandwagon. :wallbash:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your point is that since Fitzpatrick can't be relied on to move the offense more than 8 yards in 52 seconds, we should just be happy that he didn't throw his usual 3 interceptions? If that's so, then why get so down on the defense. They've sucked all year and can't be relied on either!

Not that I think Fitz is the answer, but lets stick to facts. In his career, Fitz has played in 64 games. He has thrown 3 or more interceptions in 7 games. I wouldn't exactly call that regular or "usual." Thats about 10% of his games.

Eli Manning, by comparison, has played in 127 games. He has thrown 3 or more interceptions 25 times. Thats about 20% of his games. I'd call that a little more regular or usual. Certainly more than Fitz.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Would you like another? Sure why not.

Tom Brady, in 168 games has thrown 3 or more interceptions 13 times. Thats about 8% of his games.

Am I saying Fitz is like any of these QB's? Nope not at all. But please, lets try to stick to facts and not blow things out of proportion. He has multiple game interceptions somewhere between the likes of Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Certainly not as little as Tom Brady but definitely not even close to as regularly as Eli Manning.

What did these teams have that helped them win the SB? Defense.

Not that I think Fitz is the answer, but lets stick to facts. In his career, Fitz has played in 64 games. He has thrown 3 or more interceptions in 7 games. I wouldn't exactly call that regular or "usual." Thats about 10% of his games.

Eli Manning, by comparison, has played in 127 games. He has thrown 3 or more interceptions 25 times. Thats about 20% of his games. I'd call that a little more regular or usual. Certainly more than Fitz.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Would you like another? Sure why not.

Tom Brady, in 168 games has thrown 3 or more interceptions 13 times. Thats about 8% of his games.

Am I saying Fitz is like any of these QB's? Nope not at all. But please, lets try to stick to facts and not blow things out of proportion. He has multiple game interceptions somewhere between the likes of Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Certainly not as little as Tom Brady but definitely not even close to as regularly as Eli Manning.

What did these teams have that helped them win the SB? Defense.

Great post.

Fitz ain't great but folks don't seem to be able to put him in context of other QBs in the league.

Minnesotta and Sanf Fran are in the hunt right now with QBs as bad or worse than Fitz.

Every other starting QB in the NFL accept Gabbert, Skelton, Tennehill, Weeden, Cutler (he'd throw a Pic6), Romo, Rivers & Stafford...OK, so 23.

*Romo blows, Rivers swallows and chokes and Stafford McWierdface can't throw a TD even with the best WR in the game.

Thanks for your response. Calibration is complete.

Apparently you'd (hypothetically) trade Fitz for a number of QB who are historically little better and this year much worse. Examples: Cassel, Vick, Hasselbeck, Sanchez. Kolb.

You'd rely exclusively on this year's record to reject some QB who have been very good in the past - Cutler, Romo, and Stafford, especially Stafford. And you'd include some high draft choices who have yet to perform well in the NFL - Bradford for example has had 3 years and yet to crack 60% completion. He threw 6 TD last season - that's all season. He might be good, he might have lots of potential, I wouldn't call him a bust yet - but I'd take Stafford or Romo who have actually demonstrated good play, in a heartbeat.

I don't think your list makes a lot of sense, but thank you for sharing! There are about 12 QB in the league I'd swap for in a heartbeat and 5 where I'd think about it.

Someone else said it - people here seem to lack perspective in judging NFL QB performance. We think of the very best, and say "no where close!" and it's true. So then we switch over to saying "Fitz is the worst, he's garbage!" and that's not true either.

Edited by Hopeful

You can't say "you can't put this on Fitz", because it's arguable that the defense put them in position to win the game in the 2nd half. Splitting hairs on just how much blame is to be parsed out to either Fitz or the D is getting old.

How? By staying OFF the field? The defense is pathetic. No heart! Fraile-minded! Weak, weak, weak! Kelsay even said some guys aren't giving 100%. Fitz got'em 27, and special teams chipped in for 7 more. The defense was putrid.

I am not a supporter of Fitzpatrick by any means, but he is not the reason for the outcome today. In fact, he was one one of the few reasons the Bills remained competitive until the end. Yes, the pick was extremely untimely, but overall he was very efficient and made plays when he needed too. 27 points on offense should get the job done.

...which brings me to the defense. Absolutely pathetic. It's actually regressed from last year! If Mario Willliams' injury isn't really affecting his play as poorly as he thinks, he may go down as the worst FA signing in franchise history. Absolutely no push on his end. No desire to win battles.

Kyle Williams is the only guy that shows up week in, week out. The LBs and secondary may be the worst in the league as well. Go ahead, fire all the coaches, change the schemes, do whatever. What it comes down to is that aside from 2-3 players on defense, this unit is the worst in the league BY FAR.

Can you totally put in on Fitz? Heck No! But totally wash his hands of any responsibility for the loss is down right moronic. He, as always, threw and badly missed several wide open receivers, and the last interception he threw, which is one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a QB, most likely costs the Bills the game.

Thanks for your response. Calibration is complete.

Apparently you'd (hypothetically) trade Fitz for a number of QB who are historically little better and this year much worse. Examples: Cassel, Vick, Hasselbeck, Sanchez. Kolb.

You'd rely exclusively on this year's record to reject some QB who have been very good in the past - Cutler, Romo, and Stafford, especially Stafford. And you'd include some high draft choices who have yet to perform well in the NFL - Bradford for example has had 3 years and yet to crack 60% completion. He threw 6 TD last season - that's all season. He might be good, he might have lots of potential, I wouldn't call him a bust yet - but I'd take Stafford or Romo who have actually demonstrated good play, in a heartbeat.

I don't think your list makes a lot of sense, but thank you for sharing! There are about 12 QB in the league I'd swap for in a heartbeat and 5 where I'd think about it.

Someone else said it - people here seem to lack perspective in judging NFL QB performance. We think of the very best, and say "no where close!" and it's true. So then we switch over to saying "Fitz is the worst, he's garbage!" and that's not true either.

Kind of curious now.. who would you not trade Fitz for?

Fitz threw 3 TDs and orchestrated 5 scoring drives and got 27 points and you want to crucify him for the last drive? Go find a different sport to watch. Haters not wanted on the bandwagon. :wallbash:

I'm sick of people labeling others as haters. Get your head out of your a$$. We want this team to succeed and Fitz ain't getting it done. Period.

As for the Fitz bandwagon, that fell off a cliff a long time ago. It just keeps tumbling, crashing and burning.

(Cue, "the defense sucks" rhetoric. No ****, Sherlock)

Edited by Marauder24

News Flash-Losing Teams don't really have bandwagons? He orchestrated 5 scoring drives by handing the ball to Freddie and C.J., almost any QB or human could have done that. When he did throw, half of them stopped drives because they were about as close to the receiver as he is to being an All-Pro.

When he did throw, half of them stopped drives because they were about as close to the receiver as he is to being an All-Pro.

Fitz threw the ball 35 times and completed 27. According to your logic, he threw 18 balls that stopped drives? We didn't even have 18 drives. Fitz didn't even throw 18 incompletions. What are you talking about?

News Flash-Losing Teams don't really have bandwagons? He orchestrated 5 scoring drives by handing the ball to Freddie and C.J., almost any QB or human could have done that. When he did throw, half of them stopped drives because they were about as close to the receiver as he is to being an All-Pro.

obviously you didn't watch the game, but keep going, it's entertaining!

Fitz/Offense collectively played their best game of the season and in my opinion it should have been good enough to win.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has struggled this season adjusting to the changes in his mechanics, but for the 1st time we started seeing some positive results.

It was a painful loss that in my opinion may have been avoided had Buffalo gone for 2 points on the last TD (and succeeded)

Fitz/Offense collectively played their best game of the season and in my opinion it should have been good enough to win.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has struggled this season adjusting to the changes in his mechanics, but for the 1st time we started seeing some positive results.

It was a painful loss that in my opinion may have been avoided had Buffalo gone for 2 points on the last TD (and succeeded)

I don't disagree with your post, however the fact still remains that Fitz turned the ball over at a horrible time with a horrible pass. He did not do the job when called upon.

(Nor did our horrendous defense)

I don't disagree with your post, however the fact still remains that Fitz turned the ball over at a horrible time with a horrible pass. He did not do the job when called upon.

(Nor did our horrendous defense)

Neither did the defense all game long. OMFG!

The resurrection of the Flutie/RJ debate in the "Flutie turns 50 years old" thread made me realize that some people think that a team wins or loses solely based on the QB. The QB's performance doesn't matter, how effective the offense is at putting points on the board doesn't matter, how good/bad a defense is doesn't matter. Some people think it's all the QB.

If a QB helps the offense produce 13 points while the D holds the opponent to 10 points the QB "just knows how to win." If the QB leads the offense to 34 points but the D allows 35 the QB "sucks and is the reason the team lost." It's mind boggling how some people look at the game of football. Sure, we all know the QB is the most important position but to hear some of you talk it's the ONLY position. I'm not sure why anybody else lines up and plays.

Edited by MDH