Defense came to life yesterday....but in hindsight....

Kipers Hair

I know we are all reveling in a 5 sack performance, but I thought to look at how Kolb has fared this season and it seems our 5 sacks of Kolb are nice, but when I consider Miami laid 8 on him and the Rams nealry doubled us with 9, I still see our D line as nothing special still. Maybe Merriman can light a fire on this underperforming unit and get more from them.

I love the win, but we are are best, just an average to below team this year....

You are exactly right K.H.

I also agree that this was hopefully a little confidence builder for the unit.

I also saw BLITZING yesterday, something that was forgotten or not used much at all in the first 5 games.

Hopefully Wanny stays with this, and the Bills apply more pressure with 5 or 6 guys next week against Tenn. Between Blitz and the homefield crowd making noise, Hasselback could have a long day. Bradham continues to take steps forward. Like the way he delivers a hit and knocks the guy backwards.

Barnett looks slow this year so far. Not sure if it is scheme or his age is catching up to him, but his play has dropped off from last year a lot.

The Cards did beat the Pats in New England and Seattle and the Dolphins at home (in addition to the Eagles). If the Bills beat the Pats, Seattle, and the Dolphins, I will be happy.

Edited by Peter

Only 5 sacks, but just off the top of my head, I can think of AT LEAST three times that the AZ QB was running for his life or flinging the ball at the full back's feet as he was being tossed to the ground--all of which resulted incompletes, not sacks.

I'm sure after the STL performance, Kolb was coached quite a bit on just GETTING RID OF IT. And for that reason, we had less than 9 sacks.

Only 5 sacks, but just off the top of my head, I can think of AT LEAST three times that the AZ QB was running for his life or flinging the ball at the full back's feet as he was being tossed to the ground--all of which resulted incompletes, not sacks.

I'm sure after the STL performance, Kolb was coached quite a bit on just GETTING RID OF IT. And for that reason, we had less than 9 sacks.

Bingo. We were a hair away from 7 sacks, and probably for the reason you stated above.

It's fun beating up a division 1 type quality O-Line. Let's remember what's been happening with good competition. You know the teams you have to beat to crawl out of mediocrity. But yes it was a game we all expected from day 1 for the D-Line.