Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

Message Board? Sounds more like a therapy session for some of you. Must be a pretty long session at that since the Bills have been terrible for over a decade. A few of you get it at least. Must be tough to filter all the "rha-rha" stuff out and get down to the posts that make sense. How many people here know how the NFL works? When a player is cut because he has been oft injured over the past 5 years, he does not fit your scheme and has had little to no interest from any other NFL team I would not consider that a victory. The true value was seeing Moore on the field this past Sunday and see him play pretty well. He at least has a career ahead of him vs. one that has been shut down 5 years ago.

I actually wish Merriman well, but to be "excited" about this is exactly what the Bills want you to feel as they know that can pull the wool over your eyes yet again.

Why the harsh vibes man?

Lol...after 6000, 12,000 and 17,000 posts and 10 years of your lives I would expect you know a thing or two about football. Guess not. You guys ever gotten laid before?....Or even been outdoors?

Again, harsh vibes.

You're not worth my time, buddy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 posts and to ignore already. One of the great features of the board!

You're not worth my time, buddy.

My ignore list is now up to 15… the vast majority of them have not stood the test of time.

Do these names ring a bell?: Billistic, Gareson, MacAddict104, mpl6876, paintmyhouse, GeorgeEdwardsTeeth, TheKidd

Just another troll to throw on the pile.

Glad about Merriman… I'm a sucker for happy endings so hopefully something good comes of this.

That sounds like the lead character in a feel-good sports movie to me.

To me, yeah. I have been thinking about that. Wouldn't it be great if he did. At 27 to be washed up, and have his wrap. To just find a little success would get him Oprah (if she is even still relevant???). We have no reason not to cheer for him.

See, this was the Bills plan all along...

The Bills, in all their wisdom, knew in training camp that Merriman wasn't ready to go. But they couldn't stash him anywhere or let him take up a roster spot. So the Bills brass said "Hey, Shawne, we're gonna cut you. But don't you go worrying, when you are all healed up in a month, we're gonna sign you back."

Shawne, being the loyal player he is, goes along with this great plan. He even plays it up on twitter saying things like "I'm not a defensive end in this league." When, we as fans all know, Merriman was a stud DE in college. Then Merriman, gets healthy and boom, he's back.

It's all part of the plan...

This is actually true. He politely turned down interest. Buddy and he had a handshake deal. Buddy and Chan wanted to try the young kids out and see what they had. Now the team is feeling those players out within the defense and bringing him back as situational pass rusher. (Anderson should have been spared the overuse ) thats my theory. it had to be the plan.

In this topsy turvy world being a Bills fan, i think this is one of the most awesome moves ever.

Buddy is a trip Gotta love it.

Go Bills! and welcome back S. M.

i cant believe the OP superbills called it back two weeks ago. Karnak, where do i send my donation?

Edited by 3rdand12

My ignore list is now up to 15… the vast majority of them have not stood the test of time.

Do these names ring a bell?: Billistic, Gareson, MacAddict104, mpl6876, paintmyhouse, GeorgeEdwardsTeeth, TheKidd

Just another troll to throw on the pile.

Glad about Merriman… I'm a sucker for happy endings so hopefully something good comes of this.

Figgy is sitting on the sidelines for a little break. We'll have our eye on him when he returns.

Carry on.

Welcome back Shawne!

Lights Out!!

Give me a freakin' break...not this again. Already being viewed as the "savior" of the Buffalo Bills for the second time. Give it a rest. Merriman was a free agent for 7 weeks and had 1 tryout? Do you think he was waiting for the "perfect opportunity"? There is a reason why he was not signed. He already said Buffalo was not the right fit, yet he is back. Hmmm, do yourselves a favor and dont put an ounce of faith in this signing. Most of you have been doing it for years, a washed up, 27 year old, injury prone, steroid juice-head that has not been productive in 5 years.

"BUFFALO - The only city in the world where Shawn Merriman is still relevant"

Where IS Drayton Florence these days?

He broke his arm and had screws put in to allow him to recover faster. The Lions placed Florence on the short-term IR the NFL adopted this season. It allows teams to place one player on IR per season and designate them for a return.