My buffalo bills curse!! its fun read!

brenty

Ok this is a little light compared to all the people who are ready to cut the heads off of any bills player seen.

So here is a little story that just happened.. ENJOY (100%) true

So back in 2000 I got my first girlfriend... ya i was a little older at the time but hey i waited... (i was 17) Anyways, my girlfriend, who was a huge cowboys fan (she was hot thats why it was okay), knew how big of a bills fan i was. So she buys me a buffalo bills candle. I thought to myself, wow this girl is perfect, she even bought a bills jersey to wear for me! Totally thought at the time, wow this girl is going to be my wife (she isnt) Anyways, after all the moving I have done I started to clean up my place, going through old memories and what not, laughing and enjoying those times where there wasn't a forum where everyone is so angry 95% of the time, and i come across this candle. (now this was about a year ago) I was like holy **** i forgot about this. This is amazing. So I put it on my desk along side my other little bills things... A year goes by and I am looking at this candle thinking about when I got it... it was the year after the flutie incident... Holy crap i thought.. I have a !@#$ing curse on the bills!! So as of now... I am burning my candle until it dies out and the curse will be lifted!!! Now if buffalo goes to the playoffs... we now why.

Thank you for enjoying my bills stupidity, and we will see at the end of the season if this damn candle was the cause of it.

So back in 2000 I got my first girlfriend... ya i was a little older at the time but hey i waited... (i was 17) Anyways, my girlfriend, who was a huge cowboys fan (she was hot thats why it was okay)

at first i was going to rip you on this nonsense and your "hot" girlfriend. then i realized that the vast majority of dirtbags here have never even gone on a date, much less had a girl speak to them. so, in that way, you're a step ahead.

regardless, good story about that candle. the only problem is that our troubles didn't start in 2000.

also, throw out the candle. don't live in the past. don't pine over something you can never have again. she's gone baby, gone.

at first i was going to rip you on this nonsense and your "hot" girlfriend. then i realized that the vast majority of dirtbags here have never even gone on a date, much less had a girl speak to them. so, in that way, you're a step ahead.

regardless, good story about that candle. the only problem is that our troubles didn't start in 2000.

also, throw out the candle. don't live in the past. don't pine over something you can never have again. she's gone baby, gone.

I think this post is less scathing accusation and more thinly veiled confession.

It's ok, someday you'll find someone to love. Probably.

I think this post is less scathing accusation and more thinly veiled confession.

It's ok, someday you'll find someone to love. Probably.

was it my subtle inclusion of the term "dirtbag" in my original post? yes, you're onto something there...

lol Hey i am just trying to lighten everyones mood here because everyone is so uptight with our "2-2" record. I like to add a little life into a funny storry. And 1999 is the season that we were last in the playoffs. And i got the candle in 2000 before the season. But oh wait, i am guessing you are saying are trouble started when ralph wilson was born... You are one of those guys :)

As billscursed says, there is no curse.

But once you're done burning the candle, dig a small hole in your backyard, place the candle in it along with a cupful of Flutie Flakes, a whole bulb of garlic, the left knee of an eel, and a Rob Johnson-like head band.

Pour gasoline over the whole thing and light it on fire. After it's burned down a bit, urinate on everything to put out the fire and backfill the hole.

Put some football cleats on and jump on the pile to tamp it down until it's level. You must follow these instructions to the letter.

lol Hey i am just trying to lighten everyones mood here because everyone is so uptight with our "2-2" record. I like to add a little life into a funny storry. And 1999 is the season that we were last in the playoffs. And i got the candle in 2000 before the season. But oh wait, i am guessing you are saying are trouble started when ralph wilson was born... You are one of those guys :)

2-2?

I keep trying to tell you morons there IS NO CURSE...

Cool story, OP, thanks for sharing!

Also, take a pic of the candle burning and post it.

sorry 2-3, typo :)

Lol i know there is no curse but i am taking my burning of this candle till the flame dies as a fun way to hope for a win this week.

candle is half way done lol

552662_890424541972_972921892_n.jpg

Edited by brenty

nah, our troubles started way before that. you do know that the ralph was built on an ancient indian burial ground, right?

Ok this is a little light compared to all the people who are ready to cut the heads off of any bills player seen.

So here is a little story that just happened.. ENJOY (100%) true

So back in 2000 I got my first girlfriend... ya i was a little older at the time but hey i waited... (i was 17) Anyways, my girlfriend, who was a huge cowboys fan (she was hot thats why it was okay), knew how big of a bills fan i was. So she buys me a buffalo bills candle. I thought to myself, wow this girl is perfect, she even bought a bills jersey to wear for me! Totally thought at the time, wow this girl is going to be my wife (she isnt) Anyways, after all the moving I have done I started to clean up my place, going through old memories and what not, laughing and enjoying those times where there wasn't a forum where everyone is so angry 95% of the time, and i come across this candle. (now this was about a year ago) I was like holy **** i forgot about this. This is amazing. So I put it on my desk along side my other little bills things... A year goes by and I am looking at this candle thinking about when I got it... it was the year after the flutie incident... Holy crap i thought.. I have a !@#$ing curse on the bills!! So as of now... I am burning my candle until it dies out and the curse will be lifted!!! Now if buffalo goes to the playoffs... we now why.

Thank you for enjoying my bills stupidity, and we will see at the end of the season if this damn candle was the cause of it.

Um Nope, neat story though.

Um Nope, neat story though.

this guy right here.

i picture you looking like this as i read that post.

"FACT. the reason we have not made the playoffs in 12 yerars is not because of a candle."

funny story OP, let me do you one better.

i work with statistics all day, ive never been to church, i consider myself a pretty rational guy-hardly superstitious.

fall of 1994, (following bills last super bowl appearance,) i was doing a project at school with some friends, that necessitated us going to one kids house to all work together--i cant recall all the details (i was in elementary school) but it was some sort of a "cultural fair," where we had to learn about another country, and we had india, so i think we were making a poster or something(?)

anyways, i go to this kids house, and immediately we started playing nintendo, not working. by the end of the afternoon, we had accomplished nothing, but had advanced very far in ducktails. he let me borrow the game, i left, the cultural fair happened, fourth grade happened, fifth grade, sixth grade, and on and on.

but every year, i realized, "i still have this kids freaking duck tails game." and at some point... i realized that the bills havent been back to the super bowl since i borrowed that kids duck tails game." he moved to minnesota, then moved back, then deactivated his facebook.

so this offseason, after we signed mario, i attempted to "break" the curse... i sold the game on ebay. i actually told my wife the whole story, and sadly, she didnt think i was crazy. well someone bought the game, but i kept the money. my wife said give the money to a charity. its too early to say that the ducktails game was not, in fact, the reason we havent been back to the superbowl. but if we dont make it this year, signs point to it being a flaw within the bills organiztion, not the nintendo carteridge that was in my basement for 20 years.

But once you're done burning the candle, dig a small hole in your backyard, place the candle in it along with a cupful of Flutie Flakes, a whole bulb of garlic, the left knee of an eel, and a Rob Johnson-like head band.

Well that's not gonna work, where would he find a head band?

my wife said give the money to a charity.

Give it to a player from that era charity, I suggest Hunters Hope.