Felix Baumgartner Space Jump **Sunday 10/14 @0800 EST (live feed)

ajzepp

This dude is gonna be the first person to ever break the sound barrier without the aid of a machine...that's huge!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His other jump was more than half. One of things he trying too accomplish is the worlds record which I can't look up now but believe it to be around 92,000 ft. it has been held a long time.

Record is 102,800 feet by Joseph Kittinger, whom is helping Baumgartner with his jump.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

Quite amazing for sure. I forgot where I read this but if even a pin sized hole was to open in his pressurized suit his blood would boil during the high altitude descent? I've done some crazy stuff but no way have the nads for this stuff.

Kittinger lost pressurization in his right glove. He didn't tell anyone because he didn't want them to abort the mission. His hand swelled to twice it's size.

Thanks, I definitley think it would be interesting to learn more about it. It's hard to get a feel for it in the vids cause you can't always tell the orientation of the camera. It sure seems like they can go a LONG damn way before they need to hit the chute. I really liked the music in that clip you linked to, as well....fun video overall.

***New Jump Date is Sunday Oct 14th at 0800 EST***

You might like this. I just descovered the music is a remake of Bob Marly song. Nothing new under the sun I guess.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Not if the wind doesn't die down. Could be another delay.

That would suck...Im really hoping to see him jump on a non-work day.