Bills Beat Raiders: 51 - 3

Remember when the Bills beat the Raiders 51 -3?

That was cool.

That was cool!

Were you at the game?

... it was great!! By the 4th Q the fans were all partying and somewhat lackadaisical.

But as the Raiders finally came into scoring range all of a sudden everyone perked up as if to say "not in our house," lol.

The fans went raucous as if the Raiders were about to go up if they scored a TD, ... and were denied.

[Deep Sigh]

It's been so long since those days when you'd go to the stadium realizing that they could beat any team in the NFL and likely would at home.

Wilson will always be remembered by me first and foremost as the man that fired Bill Polian for really no significant reason, and in hindsight one of the most foolish reasons that could have existed, and given his daughter's complete lack of desire to have anything to do with the Bills, one of the most idiotic decisions ever made in the NFL.

I have no idea why Wilson's in the NFL. His having purchased a team back then for a $25 flyer would be the equivalent today of someone paying $1M for a team.

My dad and friends were drinking a beer per score for that Raiders game.

We could just do it when the opposing team scores

LOL

Would make more sense.

I was deep in the desert in Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm when the Bills destroyed the Raiders 51-3. When I read about the game days later, I was convinced we would win the Super Bowl.

My soldiers knew I was a Bills fanatic. So the day of the Super Bowl, which I was unable to watch or listen to, one of my soldiers woke me up at something like 3am to tell me the Bills won on a last second field goal. I was so ecstatic that instead of going back to sleep I grabbed a short wave radio and listened to the Voice of America for the next few hours to hear confirmation.

And then I got the sad truth...