VERY weak fan base in here....

Go back in time a few pages to last week. Some sincerely thought the Bills would beat SF. Not a lot I don't think, but some.

"Make Alex Smith beat us" was one of the ways the Bills were to win. Oy vey.

I still think if they get healthy for Nov and Dec, they will do some damage. If they are healthy they have enough talent and chemistry to compete very very well in every game after the second Pats game... just my opinion. This is a good collection of players now, the best we've had in at least several years. If they are healthy, they will come together and get something going. I just cannot imagine it not happening with this group. I have a good feeling about this. The schedule makers have created a nightmare scheduling scenario for the next 4 games with three of them coming against teams coming off either bye weeks (Pats) or Thursday games (Arizona AND Tennessee) and the other AT Houston (yikes). So, we are pretty much screwed thru the next 5 weeks, but if we can with turnovers or something win 2 of the next three games, we are in good shape. How's that for positive thinking!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I

[editorial]When a thread is started about the team moving don't you consider whether the person starting the thread might be a troll? Why do people feel compelled to play into the hands of that person? Ignore it and it will go away; feed it and it will grow.

Or maybe they are just trying to blow off steam. Coming onto the board and wishing they would move the Bills is a healthier way of releasing negative energy then say heading over to one Bills drives with an Uzi and an ice pick.

I've been to dozens of GB Packer games and I must say that the atmosphere at Lambeau doesn't compare to that at the Ralph. The fact that the Packers actually win >50% of their games, and we don't, is no more than a minor detail. If the Bills were to leave WNY, we would all suffer tremendously. So stop complaining about our sh*tty team and get out there, drink heavily, and cheer them on.

Now, who's with me???!!!

Or maybe they are just trying to blow off steam. Coming onto the board and wishing they would move the Bills is a healthier way of releasing negative energy then say heading over to one Bills drives with an Uzi and an ice pick.

Screw healthier...I say we do it.

You and me, dibbs on the Uzi!

Wait a second now......I would be horrified If the Bills were to pack up and leave town. I don't begrudge

people for being angry and upset. They are in no way "weak fans", they are upset because they love their

football team. They are embarassed at being the laughingstock of the NFL for so long. They show their pride

by wearing the colors, and sacrificing their Sunday's to watch an inferior product.

Even if you love waving the Bills flag, or wearing the jerseys, it is tough to take the abuse from other fans.

Several of the abusers are Bills fans who have left their loyalty behind to hitch their wagons to the Pats,Jets,and

Dolphins.

These folks spend their hard earned buck in an economy that is as dismal as the Bills record lately.

They have a stake in what happens at One Bills Drive.

I have followed this team since 1968. The good times (1990's) seem so long ago. I worry that since I am 50 yrs

old that I may never live long enough to see my team win the Lombardi Trophy. My dad is 82...he has very

little chance of seeing it. We have watched every game, and supported this franchise through more bad times

than good.

Once again...I and many others have the right to be angry and embarassed. We don't want this team to move.

But realize, the ones who do are almost beyond angry...they are just tired of backing a losing team.

They are still Bills fans.

The sun will shine again soon. I will be planning my Sunday around the Bills vs Cardinals with the hope

and optimism that this is the week it turns around for good.

I can only hope that time comes soon enough.

Reading some of the posts and topics calling for the Bills to pack it up and move. Are u people serious? Im just as mad as anyone else with Buffalo's losing ways, poor coaching and Ralphs hiring that are a disater. But really at the end of the day guys, do you really want to see 30 Mayflower trucks in Ralph Wilson parking lot packing it up.

I hope it gets better, because the people who deserve a winning team the most are the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Love em or leave em.... New England is looking for a few good fans!

This post is not directed at everyone, just some of the morons on here.

Sorry that you think we are horrible people for being fed up with being used and abused by those @ One Bills Drive. You come across as both offensive and defensive at the same time so maybe you should try out for the team seeing neither offense nor defense can show up on Sundays. I have no problem with admitting that at this point if the team moved I could live with it. It is a shame that some base their entire existence on the Buffalo Bills remaining in Buffalo when the team has done nothing for over a decade to reward such loyalty. I would never jump off the wagon to be a Pat's fan buy the way but have to say Pittsburgh isn't that far from Buffalo ;) ! Also I don't believe they will contract Mayflower to move the team as The Mayflower had direction and was actually going somewhere whereas this team is definitely not! Excuse me for being the one that thinks like a "moron". You are correct sir as I think it is moronic to continue to support a bad product and even more moronic to even consider dumping 200+ million into an outdated stadium that would probably only be able to get replacement parts from the Coliseum in Rome !!!! So yes I am a proud fair weathered fan but a fan none the less and my money has lined Ralphy's pockets just as well as you "diehard" fans. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I may be a "moron" but at least I'm not insane!!!!

Sorry that you think we are horrible people for being fed up with being used and abused by those @ One Bills Drive. You come across as both offensive and defensive at the same time so maybe you should try out for the team seeing neither offense nor defense can show up on Sundays. I have no problem with admitting that at this point if the team moved I could live with it. It is a shame that some base their entire existence on the Buffalo Bills remaining in Buffalo when the team has done nothing for over a decade to reward such loyalty. I would never jump off the wagon to be a Pat's fan buy the way but have to say Pittsburgh isn't that far from Buffalo ;) ! Also I don't believe they will contract Mayflower to move the team as The Mayflower had direction and was actually going somewhere whereas this team is definitely not! Excuse me for being the one that thinks like a "moron". You are correct sir as I think it is moronic to continue to support a bad product and even more moronic to even consider dumping 200+ million into an outdated stadium that would probably only be able to get replacement parts from the Coliseum in Rome !!!! So yes I am a proud fair weathered fan but a fan none the less and my money has lined Ralphy's pockets just as well as you "diehard" fans. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I may be a "moron" but at least I'm not insane!!!!

I hear ya! What I can add that the OP should understand is the fans are tired of being duped and screwed every year in the naughts. It's the same old story year after year, "big" changes in the off-season mean we're back to the playoffs, fans by tickets and apparel, season starts - maybe good - maybe bad, reality sets in - the team sucks and the off-season moves were the work of idiots, late season games are blacked out, rumors mill of Bills moving if fan base sinks so all is forgiven by reason of blackmail, "big" off season change, and the cycle of mediocrity and embarrassment begins. If the team management wants wide regionaization and overwelming support, put a winner on the field. That's why we led in mid 60's AFL attendance, in the 70's with the Electric Company, in the 80's with Fergy and Cribs, and later Kelly, and of course the 90's. Whenever the fans have gone away (really in hiding), bringing on a winner brought them back in droves.

First of all, stop with the "we" stuff. No one here is a member of the team, and very few are associated with the organization. If you lose your job Mario Williams and Ryan Fitzpatrick don't give a flying duck, and Ralph Wilson isn't showing up to pay your mortgage. They don't care about you, and never will.

Second, it's not that the Bills sucked. Everyone around this place has seen the the Bills suck more often than they haven't. It's not even that they sucked "really, really bad". We've all seen that too. It doesn't phase us. Hell, half the time we expect it as fans.

What sets this apart is that we bought in, and drank the "3 Year Plan" kool-aide. We bought the hype this off season. We rejoiced as Ralph Wilson finally opened up his wallet, and put what we were asked to believe were the final pieces into place. We were told our loyalty was finally being rewarded.

Our reward? Not sucking. Not even sucking "really, really bad". No, we were rewarded with the worst sucking ever in the whole history of professional football, and none of us were prepared for it.

This 100%

The bills don't give us anything to go on other than blind faith and allegiance and they have maxed out their credit line. Another season of disappointment to add to this millennium.

I honestly don't even know what there is to get excited for anymore its so frustrating. I'm in my late 20's and for my entire adult life of being a football fan the bills have never been in the playoffs. That's sad

This 100%

The bills don't give us anything to go on other than blind faith and allegiance and they have maxed out their credit line. Another season of disappointment to add to this millennium.

I honestly don't even know what there is to get excited for anymore its so frustrating. I'm in my late 20's and for my entire adult life of being a football fan the bills have never been in the playoffs. That's sad

It is sad. My avatar is a picture my late-great father-in-law took at the Rockpile in '64. That year, he got to see what very few of us have seen, the Bills carried off the field as league champions.

Right on.

The whining, crying and suicide threats on this board the day the Bills do leave town (God forbid) will be beyond description. To be fair, though, I'm sure a lot of that talk is from extremely aggravated and depressed fans. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that no one 'round here wants the Bills to disappear for good.

This was a winning franchise before and it will be again.

The team's overall record is: 366-419-8.

That's not what I would call a winning franchise. Yes, they had a few years here and there when they did well. But by-and-large, this team has a history of disappointing its fans.

And if the the Bills do leave Buffalo (and I'm guessing that's pretty likely to happen after Ralph Wilson dies ... unless there are some sports-addicted billionaires in Buffalo that I am not aware of) I guess most fans will shriek and howl for a few weeks. Then they'll realize that life goes on and will get on with their lives.

Like I always say....no one has a gun to anyone's head making them be Bills fans. if you can't deal with it, there are 31 other NFL teams to follow.

PTR

Here's the problem...I'm a bills fan and I want to win. I'm sick of losing, disappointment, and failures.

But I'm becoming indifferent because it doesn't seem like it will ever get better.

So the prevailing, and most acceptable, stance is to ignore the poor play and hope things improve? Is that what you do when your child's school is lousy, when your mechanic screws you over, when you plumber's bill exceeds the estimate by 30%?

The definition of fan is not synonymous with blind allegiance. A fan is knowledgable, aware, focused and doles out both constructive and critical comments as she or he sees fit. The Bills suck, they have sucked, they will suck for the foreseeable future; that's the real world right now.

Like I always say....no one has a gun to anyone's head making them be Bills fans. if you can't deal with it, there are 31 other NFL teams to follow.

PTR

And some of those teams are actually good. And some of the others are competitive. But we seem to be happy enough to wallow in our self-pity, talking about curses and what-not.

As for me, I'll continue to follow the Bills (with not quite as much enthusiasm as I did in years past). If at some point they are no longer the Buffalo Bills, I'll stop following them. I might follow another team or I might not, because in either case life will go on, and I'll get on with my life.