Buddy Nix is the problem

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent is there. How can anyone dispute the Dareus pick? Everyone had him graded that high and we needed a DT. Sophomore slump, maybe. Set up to fail? That's my bet. Wannstink has to go.

I dispute it. He's had flashes, but overall, he looks pretty ordinary. I'll say it: AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones and Aldon Smith all either have been or will soon be in the pro bowl and all would have been better picks. Who cares how high "we had him graded"? I thought it was a good pick at the time, too, but he's not doing squat, and at this point he is just the latest example of Incompetence at OBD.

The problem right now is not Nix/Whaley. I think theyve done a good job at getting talent on the team.

The issues right now are:

1. QB

2. Coaching

I understand the FO's plan to get the team built up before going after a QB, and I expect them to make a big play for one this next offseason.

However, when it comes to upgrading the coaching, we are screwed. And that is completely thanks to Ralph. No matter who Nix wants to hire, or how much money Ralph is willing to spend, a big-time coach will not come to this team which has zero stability. Ralph is living on borrowed time, and once he goes, the whole thing is up in the air.

+1 :thumbsup:

Nix hired Gailey and signed off on jettisoning Edwards for Wannstedt. He is directly responsible, and that's before we even begin discussing the 2010 and 2011 drafts which so far aren't in-line with a guy some people once called "a top 5 talent evaluator." They have exactly 1 decent contributor from the 2010 draft and 2011 is heading downhill fast.

Maybe it was all A.J. Smith in SD and Buddy was just along for the ride after all.

The problem right now is not Nix/Whaley. I think theyve done a good job at getting talent on the team.

The issues right now are: FIXED

1. Assistant coaches

2. Coaching

3. schemes

I understand the FO's plan to get the team built up before going after a QB, and I expect them to make a big play for one this next offseason.

However, when it comes to upgrading the coaching, we are screwed. And that is completely thanks to Ralph. No matter who Nix wants to hire, or how much money Ralph is willing to spend, a big-time coach will not come to this team which has zero stability. Ralph is living on borrowed time, and once he goes, the whole thing is up in the air.

The real problem in obtaining a top head coach is that the owner wants to micromanage them from his home in Detroit. The man just can't let go as he is still the president and still has total control over everything at OBD. probably the driving force that keeps him alive at this point. (JMO from the days of Dick Jauron and what we heard about him being on the phone for hours every day to Wilson)

Nix has shown he is not the astute judge of talent everyone thought he was by brining in guys like Cornell Green. Waiting 3 years to obtain a top LT, top pass rusher, and the team still lacks a top RT, 2nd WR, OLB / ILB. Why does it take 3 years to accomplish anything?

Two years of suffering George Edwards catastrophic switch to a 3-4 ,and now even with a defense loaded with a #1 & #2 draft picks wannstooge says that he needs players that "fit" his scheme.

To me coaching is everything, Nix hired a loser in Gailey who built the opposite of what every Bills fan would love to see. a finesse passing game, a finesse running game that only works out of a spread passing scheme, a finesse defense that still doesn't have the players required to "fit" it. Gailey keeps hiring these unmitigated morons to run the defense.

Nix IS the problem until he fires Gailey and hires someone competent

I disagree with the OP in that I don't think Buddy Nix is the problem. In fact, I think he has done an exceptional job in his role as GM. I will say, however, that I thought it was a huge mistake to draft Aaron Williams over Brooks Reed. Brooks Reed was a no-brainer pick IMO, and I was absolutely stunned when Williams' name was called. That being said...hindsight is 20-20....yada yada.

I think the writing is on the wall regarding the QB situation. I suspect you will find that Buddy and Whaley will make upgrading the QB position the #1 priority this offseason.

Say whatever you want about Nix's drafts, but he picked up Chandler, Urbik and Pears off of other teams' scrap heaps. If any of those guys were on our practice squad and another team picked them up and they went on to become viable NFL starters elsewhere, which all of them have, we would be lambasting the Bills.

Talent is there. How can anyone dispute the Dareus pick? Everyone had him graded that high and we needed a DT. Sophomore slump, maybe. Set up to fail? That's my bet. Wannstink has to go.

I feel like a broken record on this one...And I do like Dareus...But AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt, and Julio Jones are stars in this league already...That's enough dispute for days...And all play positions that could have been considered needs for the Bills in 2011...Then again there's not many areas the Bills did not need in 2011... B-)

I

Nix hired Gailey and signed off on jettisoning Edwards for Wannstedt. He is directly responsible, and that's before we even begin discussing the 2010 and 2011 drafts which so far aren't in-line with a guy some people once called "a top 5 talent evaluator." They have exactly 1 decent contributor from the 2010 draft and 2011 is heading downhill fast.

Maybe it was all A.J. Smith in SD and Buddy was just along for the ride after all.

I agree with u 100%, . Buddy is directly responsible for everything he not only drafts players but he hires the Coaches. Its about philosopy`s. Like i said when i posted this topic. Buddy had a plan in place when he took over. Big Strong armed QB, Physical Team, 3-4 Defense. He wanted a team that emulates the city of Buffalo. Tough hard nosed blue collar team..

This team doesn`t really fit any of those descriptions. What i see is an offense that lines up with multiple wr sets, A QB with a needle arm that can`t throw accuratly past 10yds. I see a finesse offense with no true identity other then some pistol formation, That looks like something out of that old John Elway arcade game. These Bunch formations that the wr`s always look like there running routes right next to each other..

On Defense, oh where do i start. Oh ok he started with the 3-4, but he didn`t go after any 3-4 outside rushers as in Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, Instead he drafted Arthur Moats and Danny Batten. He put his pass rushing chips in a injury prone Merriman. C`mon MAN!!!. Really, Really.. Buddy has done a fantastic job.

This Defense is a pop warner vanilla custard pie with alot of swiss cheese. I am tired of this sht...

Drafts ok this is how we are gonna grade him how many good to decent starters do we have in the first 4 rounds of the last 3drafts. 1st round we got 4 good players, Spiller, Dareus, Gilmore. 2nd round 1plyer Cordy Glenn. 3rd round Zero Players, 4th round Zero players. that`s 4-12 thats a 33% HIT RATE IN THE MONEY ROUNDS. But outside of the first round he is 1-9. ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WOULD OF DONE A BETTER JOB. All u got to do is hit on 2players.

Man Buddy is doing a great job.

Honorable mention- Saying he doesn`t know what he has in Trent Edwards. lmfao. I could of told him what he has in Checkwards. A scrub..