Meanwhile in the Middle East

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no feelings either way because I don't respect your opinion.

Good work, I see you found the "quote" button. Now you have something else you can be proud of!

And yet here you are post after post replying :doh: :doh: :doh:

Oops... I guess I spoke too soon. You see, since you quoted my post I assumed you must have read the whole thing including the part about poking fun at you when it amuses me. Now is one of those times.

And what makes you believe that I have not been doing the exact same thing

The fact that you are neither clever nor observant enough to do so.

poking fun at your blatant partisanship My god what a dipshit

As an example, the fact that you can't identify my (lack of) political persuasion.

http://www.washingto...n-bombs-troops/

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Any U.S. involvement in the ongoing conflict in Syria should focus on identifying “reasonable and responsible people” who could lead a new government and any American role in the situation “doesn’t mean sending troops or dropping bombs,” Mitt Romney said Wednesday.

“My own view is in a place like Syria for instance we should, through our partners in the region, work to identify dissidents within Syria that are reasonable and responsible people, try and coalesce, them bring them together,” the GOP presidential candidate said in response to a question during a town hall meeting here with factory workers.

“We should play an active role. That doesn’t mean sending in troops or dropping bombs,” he added. “But it does mean actively participating in a place like Syria to assure that Assad goes and that a reasonable and responsible government follows.”

-------------

Does he plan on visiting there and pressing flesh?

Well, as President of the United States, he is accountable for everything. But he hasn't taken accountability for ANYTHING negative in the last four years. When something goes right, he takes all the credit. When something goes wrong, he blames everyone else. That's not a good leader; that's how you get fired in the private sector.

So it is ALL Bush's fault

Quote this loser (from the old ESPN chat, way back before you hit puberty)

TakeYouToTasker - P.S. You're an Idiot

Rand Paul - Republican senator from Kentucky.

I do not, however, support a call for intervention in Syria. And, if such intervention were being contemplated, it is absolutely necessary that Congress give any such authority to the president. No president, Republican or Democrat, has the unilateral power to take our nation to war without the authority of the legislature.

I am a bit dismayed by his foreign policy speech Monday, titled "Mantle of Leadership."

Romney chose to criticize President Obama for seeking to cut a bloated Defense Department and for not being bellicose enough in the Middle East, two assertions with which I cannot agree.

Defense and war spending has grown 137% since 2001. That kind of growth is not sustainable.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

TakeYouToTasker - P.S. You're an Idiot

Oh look! Another eloquent and well reasoned argument. I see you've pushed yourself harder than usual and managed to include a word with five letters, though regrettably you seem to have capitalized it out of turn and forgotten all of your punctuation.

Honest question -- devoid of election politics (if that's possible):

What's the worst case scenario in people's minds regarding the current situation in the middle east? How does this all spin out of control and turn into WW3, or does it?

To those of your asking what this has to do with Obama and that everyone else here is saying it's Obama's fault. You need to understand the difference between fault and responsibility. I don't think anyone is laying fault/blame on the president. However as the the current President and Commander in Chief all of these issues are his responsibility. So far for most of the things going on or that are wrong in the country/world he has accepted responsibility for very little of it. This is what a good leader does. Notice I said good not great. IMO he is not a good leader and reason number one why it's time to try someone else.

Honest question -- devoid of election politics (if that's possible):

What's the worst case scenario in people's minds regarding the current situation in the middle east? How does this all spin out of control and turn into WW3, or does it?

Once China and Russia get involved because of their various treaties and trade agreements in the region. This is likely to happen only following a nuclear strike on Iran by Isreal or vice versa.

At this point I believe it to be mostly saber rattling.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Speaking of leaders some of the best leaders are professional sports coaches. Have you ever heard a coach that has been hired to take over a struggling team bring up the previous coach and blame them for the challenge that has been put in front of them? Oh I imagine it's happened in the past but it is very, very rare. They realize that it is their job now to turn things around. I'm not saying that the Obama administration is not trying to turn things around but to continually blame the previous administration would be like Chan Gailey blaming the Juron coaching staff on how bad the Bills are right now. Folks we are dealing with a leader of the worst kinds I've ever seen.

Once China and Russia get involved because of their various treaties and trade agreements in the region. This is likely to happen only following a nuclear strike on Iran by Isreal or vice versa.

At this point I believe it to be mostly saber rattling.

As it has been for decades.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Mitt Romney's campaign told ABC News it would stop citing the meeting with Glen Doherty.

The mother of Glen Doherty, a Navy SEAL who was one of four Americans killed in the Sept. 11 attack in Libya, told a Boston TV station that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney shouldn't politicize her son's death.

Romney told an Iowa campaign audience Tuesday about a chance encounter with a Navy SEAL during a Christmas party in San Diego, although he did not invoke Doherty by name. Romney owns a home in California and Doherty was stationed there, serving in the military. Romney cited the SEAL's dedication to the Middle East and his commitment to foreign service as a way to draw a contrast with President Barack Obama's response in the region, which Romney has criticized as lacking in leadership.

"I don't trust Romney," she said. "He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama."

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

To those of your asking what this has to do with Obama and that everyone else here is saying it's Obama's fault. You need to understand the difference between fault and responsibility. I don't think anyone is laying fault/blame on the president. However as the the current President and Commander in Chief all of these issues are his responsibility. So far for most of the things going on or that are wrong in the country/world he has accepted responsibility for very little of it. This is what a good leader does. Notice I said good not great. IMO he is not a good leader and reason number one why it's time to try someone else.

Obama is accountable, his underlings are responsible. Part of RACI, and is what I was getting at with my previous post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_assignment_matrix

Mitt Romney's campaign told ABC News it would stop citing the meeting with Glen Doherty.

The mother of Glen Doherty, a Navy SEAL who was one of four Americans killed in the Sept. 11 attack in Libya, told a Boston TV station that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney shouldn't politicize her son's death.

Romney told an Iowa campaign audience Tuesday about a chance encounter with a Navy SEAL during a Christmas party in San Diego, although he did not invoke Doherty by name. Romney owns a home in California and Doherty was stationed there, serving in the military. Romney cited the SEAL's dedication to the Middle East and his commitment to foreign service as a way to draw a contrast with President Barack Obama's response in the region, which Romney has criticized as lacking in leadership.

"I don't trust Romney," she said. "He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama."

She's right and they've agreed and said they'd stop. What's your point?

She's right and they've agreed and said they'd stop. What's your point?

I don't see as that he has one, other than to create a fog of irony so thick it can be cut with a knife by now doing exactly what he's being critical of Mitt Romney for: politicizing the young man's death.

Absolutely nothing.

Except to these con's everything is Obama's fault.

Myth Romney turning to a moderate - its Obama's fault

Embassies get attacked on the anniversary of 9-11 - its Obama's fault

Gas prices go up - its Obama's fault

Soldiers get killed - its Obama's fault

Obama inherited 2 wars and a financial crisis - its not Bush's fault, it's Obama's fault

Stevens died, Obama lied.

I don't see as that he has one, other than to create a fog of irony so thick it can be cut with a knife by now doing exactly what he's being critical of Mitt Romney for: politicizing the young man's death.

Yet she wants Romney to stop talking about their meeting because it hurts Barry. There's nothing political about that. :rolleyes:

And Sesame Street has asked Obama to stop using big Bird.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/09/angry-bird-big-bird-tells-obama-to-stop-using-him-in-stupid-attack-ad/

Sesame Street wants President Obama’s campaign to take down its latest attack ad against Mitt Romney, which features Big Bird.

“Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns,” a Tuesday statement on Sesameworkshop.org reads. “We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down.”

Yet she wants Romney to stop talking about their meeting because it hurts Barry. There's nothing political about that. :rolleyes:

I'm not willing to ascribe political motives to a grieving mother. I find it perfectly reasonable that she would be appalled by someone using the death of her son for personal gain.

Well, as President of the United States, he is accountable for everything. But he hasn't taken accountability for ANYTHING negative in the last four years. When something goes right, he takes all the credit. When something goes wrong, he blames everyone else. That's not a good leader; that's how you get fired in the private sector.

Osama is dead, GM is alive, Chris who? Solyndra what?

Edited by Gary M

A Syrian Civil war is our responsibility? Putting aside Obama or Romney...just as America...this is our "responsibility?"

If Turkey is mad that the **** show is spilling over...then fine. It's about time the regional neighbors take a more active role if they feel they need to do so.

But us? I still don't get how everything is our "responsibility." Is it b/c we are the "one indispensable nation?" So we need to arm someone every time a civil war breaks out? Make no fly zones in every dispute?

I mean...I just don't get it. I'm not a total isolationist but c'mon...

Edited by TheNewBills

I'm not willing to ascribe political motives to a grieving mother. I find it perfectly reasonable that she would be appalled by someone using the death of her son for personal gain.

Fair enough. But to me, it's a political event, whether she wants it to be one or not. And as for personal political gain, not degrading Barry over this incident is personal gain for him.

If it were me, I'd want answers as to why a request for additional security was denied when there were many forewarnings, and my son is dead. And if it means politicizing it for personal gain of a candidate, so be it. If not for the hub bub, this could all have been swept under the rug as what Barry said it was; a wholly spontaneous attack.