Refs Love Brady...just an observation

Second quarter...about two minutes left. Fitz drops back for pass (2nd and 13 I believe...we just had a holding penalty I think). Fitz gets squashed by Chandler up high and another Pats' lineman down low. He just released the ball and the Pats' player literally went right at his knees and Fitz crumbled. No Roughing the Passer.

Fast forward to third quarter. Brady drops back...Kyle Williams (while crawling along the ground) grabs Brady's ankle after Brady just finished throwing. Brady takes a soft landing to the ground (but his hidden Oscar winning acting comes out and he calls for a flag). Flag thrown. 15 yds to the Bills 5 yd line.

I know the refs didn't decide this game...but the pretty boy pi$$es me off so much because I know the refs love him dearly (and he's damn good). Our defense lost this game on Sunday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or when Fitz ran up the middle and the DB hit him helmet to helmet as he was on the way down. I thought that might have knocked him out. There should be a fine for that hit.

It's just the Buffalo Bills...not Brady, Manning, Brees or Sanchise...can you blame them? I seriously think they are aweinspired when they are out there watching Brady and company...when Fitz is out there, I think they are checking their fantasy scores on their iPhones.

Michael Jordan effect. Big stars get the calls.

Sucks, but a fact of pro sports.

Agreed...although it backfired with Stuper Mario if he was held this week at all. I remember Bruce used to get quite a few calls on the OL. Nuttin' this week for our "Thin Blue Line" (stole that name from someone who posted it on another thread trying to come up with nicknames for our D Line)

Or when Fitz ran up the middle and the DB hit him helmet to helmet as he was on the way down. I thought that might have knocked him out. There should be a fine for that hit.

i dont remember that one off hand - was he sliding or going shoulder first?

I leaned over to my boyfriend and said that if Brady had got hit like Fitz did, there would be a 15 yard flag. Two quarters later, I was right!!!!

Next time make sure you put a wager on it (free dinner, flowers, etc) because it will happen again.

Look again, the low lineman barely touches Fitz.

And as far as the helmet to helmet on Fitz, if the QB does not slide (and I wish to God Fitz would slide more) he is a RB, and that kind of contact is legal on a RB.

There is no point whining about officiating. The Bills got spanked and embarrassed. Time for SF now.

He is a RB then and not a defenseless WR or QB in the pocket the hit was technically legal.

As to the OP the Refs as I said before will throw the flags for the low hits 100% of the time for the Brayd,Rogers,Mannings of the league. the rest it seems be rather INCONSISTANT at best. But it is not just a Brady thing.

I saw two offside jumps on the NE* line also not called and a encroachment by line up on their D. The helmet hit would have drawn a flag if it was Brady IMHO.I missed part of the first quarter so can't comment on the rest. Not sure any of it matters but their Oline holds like a piece of chit on your shoe and never get called.

I saw two offside jumps on the NE* line also not called and a encroachment by line up on their D. The helmet hit would have drawn a flag if it was Brady IMHO.I missed part of the first quarter so can't comment on the rest. Not sure any of it matters but their Oline holds like a piece of chit on your shoe and never get called.

"The refs screwed us" is the battle cry of a perennially crappy teams fans and has to get old to everyone at some point I would think.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I had to turn the game off so as to not put a brick through my television. They kiss Brady's ass every time he steps out on the field. That, and Brady whines and begs for the calls on almost every play. Ridiculous how much the refs provide him with "lip service". Yeh, that's a metaphor.

Wrong assessment. Fitz was hit in the thigh not at the knee or below. It looked ugly but was not illegal. What KW did was a clear interpretation of the Brady rule. You can't hit the QB in the knee or below while in the pocket. The hit on Fitz's scramble was also legal. That is what happens when the QB dives head first. If he slides then he is protected but the ball is placed where he slides. Fitz dove to get extra yardage. Clean play.

Please direct your disappointment at the DC where it shoudl be. Refs called a fairly clean game.

Look again, the low lineman barely touches Fitz.

And as far as the helmet to helmet on Fitz, if the QB does not slide (and I wish to God Fitz would slide more) he is a RB, and that kind of contact is legal on a RB.

There is no point whining about officiating. The Bills got spanked and embarrassed. Time for SF now.

I know, but KW barely swiped his ankle...it was weak. Again - not that the refs had anything to do with Sunday's collapse on D...just a comparison of flag vs no flag.

Wrong assessment. Fitz was hit in the thigh not at the knee or below. It looked ugly but was not illegal. What KW did was a clear interpretation of the Brady rule. You can't hit the QB in the knee or below while in the pocket. The hit on Fitz's scramble was also legal. That is what happens when the QB dives head first. If he slides then he is protected but the ball is placed where he slides. Fitz dove to get extra yardage. Clean play.

Please direct your disappointment at the DC where it shoudl be. Refs called a fairly clean game.

exactly! This obsession people have with NE is totally pathetic. Maybe a call or two was missed, but who cares? Refs had nothing to do with them hanging 45 points on us in 24 minutes. Giving any thought to a perceived missed holding call is insane.