Who will be the Bills QB next year

If its a new head coach, it will be a rookie...if it is still Chan, it will be Tavaris Jackson

This ^. Not saying I want this but I think it is reality. Also, Chan WILL be back next year. Ralph ain't getting rid of Buddy. Ralph doesn't trust many people at will not make a change. Buddy will bring back Chan. Chan will go with Fitz or Tavaris.

(I think there is only a very small smidgeon of hope we trade for a top 2 or 3 draft pick. And that is b/c there is a rookie cap. If there wasn't a rookie cap, there would be zero chance of trading up). Just my .02.

Go Bills!! And I want a win today. Won't be satisfied if we "play with heart" I hate that crap.....We played with heart under Dick!

Who give a sh_t. WIN! Show me the baby Buddy!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two garbage games and preseason.

he throws an accurate ball and is consistent. I think he's about as good as Fitz but without the knuckle balls and bonehead picks, which if Fitz did that we wouldn't be having all these QB discussion as he would be good enough.

How many times have we seen Fitz throw a bullet and think, yea he's finally getting it then a little latter throws a duck to a defender and think, Romo.

Flynn would give us consistency and would be good enough to get us to the playoffs.

I don't disagree that he COULD be better. I disagree that he's shown enough for us to make that determination. Two garbage games and a preseason? Our guy is good in garbage time, too.

Remember Rob Johnson? Why'd Flynn lose his job to a rookie if he's so good? I don't want someone else's trash. Time to draft our own trash.

p.s. we'd be lucky to get Tyler Bray.

My "Tyler" comment was sarcasm.

BA

As I see it, we desperately need that rookie sensation QB - someone like Luck or Griffin - to make Buffalo relevent again. We'll need to win, as that is the whole point, but a superstar rookie QB who could be entrenched as a Buffalo Bill for 10+ years, a face for this franchise that is constantly being sneered at and ridiculed by the media, is what we need. If we have to trade 3 1st round picks to get him - the way I see it, as I've said before, is our other 1st round picks don't end up making a difference without the QB, it seems, and they end up fading out or being let go.

I'm not just regurgitating what I previously said. It occured to me that because the Bills are in danger of being moved - however much that might be a reality - that should make trading those future picks that much more a potential. Worse case scenario we're not here in a few years anyway. Best case scenario, the kid is dynamite, the Bills are back on top and important again, and we get a buyer here in WNY. It just seems like the only way to go, IMO. Go get that QB no matter what. If there is anything we can do - anything we can do, we should do it, to finally have the QB position settled.

I don't disagree that he COULD be better. I disagree that he's shown enough for us to make that determination. Two garbage games and a preseason? Our guy is good in garbage time, too.

Remember Rob Johnson? Why'd Flynn lose his job to a rookie if he's so good? I don't want someone else's trash. Time to draft our own trash.

My "Tyler" comment was sarcasm.

BA

Missed the sarcasm :oops:

but my point is his ARM is way better than Fitzs and thus the upgrade. Otherwise they are about the same which isn't a bad thing minus Fitzy arm.

Russell Wilson is really good so that's not a Knock on Flynn.

I don't really want Flynn just that he is better than Fitz.

I hope we do draft a Good QB (Bray)

I would be all in for Skelton though.

Polian orchestrated this in INdy (he is genius and he was sacrificed). Why not? I t wouldn't even look like we were tanking.

My pops suggests the same - you really think they flat-out gave up to get Luck? I feel like it would have been more obvious, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

I have always thought that it's terrible to cash out and hope for a good draft pick, but today's NFL and Geno Smith have me reconsidering the dark side.

I don't see Buddy giving up 4 draft picks to move up to get an elite QB, unless Ralph demands it. And we may not have to. If we pick the right person, a mid-late 1st round QB may be all we need. It may be too early to tell, but Pounder, Flacco, and Dalton don't look too bad. Cam Newton on the other hand... Who knows. Then there are crap top-10 picks like Sanchez. Jury is still out with Gabbert and Locker.

We likely don't even know the draft order of the college QBs right now, nor will we know it after the college season ends. Between the end of the college season and the draft very strange things begin to happen. It's like the GMs start panicking and players you would never have thought were 1st rounders shoot right up the board.

My pops suggests the same - you really think they flat-out gave up to get Luck? I feel like it would have been more obvious, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

I have always thought that it's terrible to cash out and hope for a good draft pick, but today's NFL and Geno Smith have me reconsidering the dark side.

I've already arrived there. Go Chiefs!

I don't see Buddy giving up 4 draft picks to move up to get an elite QB, unless Ralph demands it.

If G. Smith is really the man and continues this pace, I'd give up this whole next draft plus a 1st the next season to get him.

It's not irrational if you think you can acquire the rest of the players you need via other means. LBs can be gotten in FA. So can backup linemen and additional receivers. Those are the Bills' primary needs, aside from QB.

If G. Smith is really the man and continues this pace, I'd give up this whole next draft plus a 1st the next season to get him.

It's not irrational if you think you can acquire the rest of the players you need via other means. LBs can be gotten in FA. So can backup linemen and additional receivers. Those are the Bills' primary needs, aside from QB.

We need the QB. I'd do this without a thought.

He had an iron man in Manning. He found the worst QB on the planet and made him the #2. When Manning finally went belly-up, Polian didn't upgrade at QB. After a few losses by Collins, Painter did his job--lose 9 straight games. Polian tossed in Orlovsky at the end to not make it smell so bad. He knew if he had even a guy like Orlovsky playing all year, he would have blown the chance for Luck.

It was pure genius. He absolutely was the GM of the Year for this plan. And for this gift, the retarded son Of Bob Irsay fired him.

He had an iron man in Manning. He found the worst QB on the planet and made him the #2. When Manning finally went belly-up, Polian didn't upgrade at QB. After a few losses by Collins, Painter did his job--lose 9 straight games. Polian tossed in Orlovsky at the end to not make it smell so bad. He knew if he had even a guy like Orlovsky playing all year, he would have blown the chance for Luck.

It was pure genius. He absolutely was the GM of the Year for this plan. And for this gift, the retarded son Of Bob Irsay fired him.

True. There were other QBs available at the time that could have helped that team win, but they didn't go after them. They likely could have had Palmer and even Kerry Collins was better. They took the low road and were rewarded greatly. And I really wouldn't complain if they did the same. Play T Jackson, but I think this would destroy the team's relationship with Fitz, who I would like to have around as a back-up and a mentor.

True. There were other QBs available at the time that could have helped that team win, but they didn't go after them. They likely could have had Palmer and even Kerry Collins was better. They took the low road and were rewarded greatly. And I really wouldn't complain if they did the same. Play T Jackson, but I think this would destroy the team's relationship with Fitz, who I would like to have around as a back-up and a mentor.

If we acquire a QB in the draft, I'd say there are 59 million reasons that relationship will be severed.

• 2 weeks later...