Mario Williams - Mr. Invisible - Explain it

Have we done any blitzes from the secondary? Brady should have been punished today but all he had to do was sidestep and throw down the field to guys who were wide open. If that is the case on a consistent basis and our secondary is incapable of smothering coverage why not bring someone like the safety to blitz. Even if Brady gets rid of it quickly he will take some punishment after the throw (and of course the requisite roughing call because its Brady) but the constant pounding will take its toll. Doesnt that seem a bit like of common sense?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Mario Williams has been completely neutralized for the first 4 games. He obviously was a monster in Houston, he has the talent and he doesnt appear to be hurt. Are they double teaming him in each game? Shouldnt that free up someone else to get to the QB? Is it the type of D that the Bills are playing, the schemes. Seriously can anyone explain why he has been basically invisible?

The fans in Houston would disagree with your monster comparison. He's a decent player overhyped because of his #1 overall draft status. Decent player yes, game changer and worthy of being the top paid defensive player in the NFL, no freakin' way.

Money has made him a sissy...game one he complained about being punched...today he didn't even get punched in the nose...he was running away...

Soft, cowardly, weak minded...whatever word you want to describe it...I am so glad I gave up my season tickets after 17 years....what a waste my cheering effort, my money and my love of the Bills would have been today...and so many other days....

the 70,000 fans care more than the players.... we need to stop idolizing players who do not earn it

He was already paid - he had a monster deal in houston

he's always been overrated. He's a poor mans phil hansen. He's not an elite pass rusher.

Phil Hansen???? Please, I would take Phil Hansen in a minute over this guy. I am sorry, but he is more a poor man's Albert Haynesworth....He is not elite - merely a complementary member of the line who happens to be the highest paid guy. Mark Anderson is arguably worth more than Mario. Frankly - straight up, Anthony Hargrove would be better....

He 6-7 300 and plays a finesse game. I just don't get it.

I actually don't think that's it at all...he has one main Pass rush move and that's a Bull Rush...And he usually gets decent push...But he has no arsenal...He's not setting stuff up...He has nothing to go to if he can't out-physical the RT...But anyway...I don't think it's that he all finesse...It's more that he's a one trick pony...So far...The guy certainly has the ability to be better...But he's got to learn to mix it up WAY more... B-)

Phil Hansen???? Please, I would take Phil Hansen in a minute over this guy. I am sorry, but he is more a poor man's Albert Haynesworth....He is not elite - merely a complementary member of the line who happens to be the highest paid guy. Mark Anderson is arguably worth more than Mario. Frankly - straight up, Anthony Hargrove would be better....

Just stop.

How Mario Williams has been completely neutralized for the first 4 games. He obviously was a monster in Houston, he has the talent and he doesnt appear to be hurt. Are they double teaming him in each game? Shouldnt that free up someone else to get to the QB? Is it the type of D that the Bills are playing, the schemes. Seriously can anyone explain why he has been basically invisible?

Sometimes fat cats stop chasing mice.

The fans in Houston would disagree with your monster comparison. He's a decent player overhyped because of his #1 overall draft status. Decent player yes, game changer and worthy of being the top paid defensive player in the NFL, no freakin' way.

Some Texans fans have said that they felt the defense improved last year after he went on IR.

So it is no one on the Defenses fault except Mario Williams. Kyle Williams. Dareus, Anderson had no pressure either. So they are busts as well according to all of you.

How about covering the middle of the field where the TE runs free. Or is Mario supposed to do that to?

How about plaing physical on the outside against Welker and Woodhead. Jam them at the line to disrupt the route. Or is Mario supposed to do that too.

How about our QB throwing 4 INT's? OR is that Mrios Fault too.

This guy is 24th in active players in sacks. But all of teh sudden, he is average, and a waste of money.

Anderson had 0 pressure. Kyle Williams had 0 pressure. Dareus had 0 pressure. Should we replace them all too.

Talk about over reactions.

Perhaps we need Linebackers who are worth a damn.