Fitzpatrick Bottom 5 QB in NFL

Boludo

Go ahead and blast Fitz if you want. I don't beleive too many Bills fans would prefer him as their QB if they had a clear choice of having him, Drew Brees or Cam Newton as their QB. But, I'm looking at the stats and with two piss poor performances, Fitz still rates higher than Brees or Newton.... So what's the frickin problem???????

Dudes.... it's the frickin DEFENSE, or lack there of. THe defense has been the problem for years. They still can't stop the run, or pass. There's litterally token or no pressure on the QB. Mario, Anderson, a healthy Kyle was supposed to take care of all that.

So, for all you numskulls looking for Fitz's scalp.... take this.... Bills rank 11th on offense and 27th on defense. WTF? Do you want Fitz to start tackling?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The maddening thing on fitz is the inconsistency.

He threw 3 or 4 balls to chandler that were as good as any QB in the league. Manning like, Brady like. Pinpoint accuracy in tight coverage or over the DB 20 yards downfield on the sideline.

Then he cant hit stivie on the left sideline with not another player near OR graham with 5 steps on his guy.

This is the frustration. I thought mechanics were the cause. I thought technical qb coaching was the fix.

Well now, the explaintion is owed, are the mechanics still the problem or is the cause something else?

Is game speed just so much faster than practice speed, timing is not getting in synch with certain players?

Is it fixable or is it just when fitz throws the ball he just can't put it exactly where he wants to and never will, so it's always going to be a roll of the dice?

If there are throws he just can't make, do we need to keep proving teams are right for not defending it?

If nothing else is accomplished by week 8. Let's get an answer to this so things can go a different way if they need to without compromising another full season next year figuring it out.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Is Fitz elite? Hell no. Do I want Chan to get a QB with elite physical talent to work with (Geno Smith)? Hell yes.

But gimme a break. Besides the debacle of the opener, he has led us to at least a 2 td lead in every game. It's a complete joke to blame Fitz for this loss when we just gave $100 million to fix our defense. If before the season we were told Fitz would give us a 2 td lead in almost every game, fans would sign up for that in a second. This loss is squarely on the defense.

Is Fitz elite? Hell no. Do I want Chan to get a QB with elite physical talent to work with (Geno Smith)? Hell yes.

But gimme a break. Besides the debacle of the opener, he has led us to at least a 2 td lead in every game. It's a complete joke to blame Fitz for this loss when we just gave $100 million to fix our defense. If before the season we were told Fitz would give us a 2 td lead in almost every game, fans would sign up for that in a second. This loss is squarely on the defense.

I do agree with you about Fitz but I don't think you can only blame the defense. The Bills offense had constant turnovers and 3 and outs that had the D on the field way too much. This combined with the Pats ramming the ball down our throats completely wore down our D. I still do think that a lot of the blame should still be layed on the D, mainly for the complete lack of run defense, but the offense does deserve to share in the blame.

With that said, I still don't think Fitz deserves the amount of **** he's been getting on these boards. While he didn't perform as well as he could have and should have, the Bills are a team that is set up in a way that Fitz should only have to be a game managing QB which is all that he is. In that game he was asked to be the main guy on the offense and win the game for the Bills, but he is not at that level. If we had set up a running game like we had in our other games then a lot of pressure would have been lifted off Fitz and he probably would have performed better.

I do agree with you about Fitz but I don't think you can only blame the defense. The Bills offense had constant turnovers and 3 and outs that had the D on the field way too much. This combined with the Pats ramming the ball down our throats completely wore down our D. I still do think that a lot of the blame should still be layed on the D, mainly for the complete lack of run defense, but the offense does deserve to share in the blame.

With that said, I still don't think Fitz deserves the amount of **** he's been getting on these boards. While he didn't perform as well as he could have and should have, the Bills are a team that is set up in a way that Fitz should only have to be a game managing QB which is all that he is. In that game he was asked to be the main guy on the offense and win the game for the Bills, but he is not at that level. If we had set up a running game like we had in our other games then a lot of pressure would have been lifted off Fitz and he probably would have performed better.

Good post and I agree with it. Everyone knows Fitz is limited but Gailey does get the most possible out of him. If this truly is to be a 49ers type of team (game manger, strong run game & defense), you take a 2 td lead and bury the other team.

The only thing I wonder about Gailey is why he settles for average to below average talent at Qb (Fitz, Thigpen, Fiedler). He has a very good offensive mind but he has been limited his whole career by average to below average QBs. I'm glad we didn't force teh issue with some QBs in the draft (I see you Blaine Gabbert) but he might be costing himself a job by never getting an elite talent.

The only thing I wonder about Gailey is why he settles for average to below average talent at Qb (Fitz, Thigpen, Fiedler). He has a very good offensive mind but he has been limited his whole career by average to below average QBs. I'm glad we didn't force teh issue with some QBs in the draft (I see you Blaine Gabbert) but he might be costing himself a job by never getting an elite talent.

I wonder the same. I'd have to assume it has to do with the uncertainty and time required to get an elite QB at least from a draft. You'd have to deal with his sub-par rookie season and you still might end up with a bad QB. With Fitz at least we know what we have and the team is used to him. I would have loved to have gotten RG3 or Andrew Luck but there's only so much you can do. It would have been nice to at least have one as backup preparing to take over when he's ready though.

Fitz a bottom five QB ????? Nothing new hear people.. go about your business. He is horrible and the Bills have no chance until they figure it out. If they don't grab a QB somewhere, somehow next year I'm done. If the GM and coach are that incompetent then why invest anymore on them. This isso pathetic that the rest of the team has to endure this guy.

Garbage time TDs and wins over KC and Cleveland shouldn't even count

Oh cause no one else in the league has had easy games yet?

And double standard, garbage time INT's shouldn't count either then.

Edited by FireChan

bottom 5 QB's never lead the league in TD's... NEVER

However top rated QB's have led the league in INT"S before see Eli Manning..

He's not going to lead the league in TDs at the end of the season, and everyone knows it. He does have a legit shot at leading the lead in interceptions (again), though.

All the Fitz bashing is driving me nuts. Yes he missed long balls in the last two games, yes he has thrown ducks but more can be said on the defensive side of the ball to where the problems really lie. Let's not fool ourselves here, our #1 reciever would be a #2 on about 80% of all other NFL team rosters. We have no depth on WR and our line hasn't exactly proven to be a steel wall the last two losses as well. Fitz has won, he can win and replacing him is the first knee jerk reaction to everyone looking to blame someone. We have to cause 3 and outs, give him more chances. Anytime that the defense gives up that many yards and is on the field that long we are going to lose. Our lack of WR depth and our underperforming secondary (young corners) as well as the non existent LB crew are the issue. The Stash has to be more inventive with blitz schemes that's obvious. Sending 4 guys isn't working. Put Matt Ryan on this team and you still have the losses we have suffered so lets stop asking for Fitz head on a platter. 3 losses are 3 losses no matter if you lose like we did or by a field goal. I still say we have a decent shot of turning things around. Call me sentimental but i'm not ready to throw them under the bus.

All the Fitz bashing is driving me nuts. Yes he missed long balls in the last two games, yes he has thrown ducks but more can be said on the defensive side of the ball to where the problems really lie. Let's not fool ourselves here, our #1 reciever would be a #2 on about 80% of all other NFL team rosters. We have no depth on WR and our line hasn't exactly proven to be a steel wall the last two losses as well. Fitz has won, he can win and replacing him is the first knee jerk reaction to everyone looking to blame someone. We have to cause 3 and outs, give him more chances. Anytime that the defense gives up that many yards and is on the field that long we are going to lose. Our lack of WR depth and our underperforming secondary (young corners) as well as the non existent LB crew are the issue. The Stash has to be more inventive with blitz schemes that's obvious. Sending 4 guys isn't working. Put Matt Ryan on this team and you still have the losses we have suffered so lets stop asking for Fitz head on a platter. 3 losses are 3 losses no matter if you lose like we did or by a field goal. I still say we have a decent shot of turning things around. Call me sentimental but i'm not ready to throw them under the bus.

I admire your loyalty to Fitz. As a human being, he seems like a great guy, and the kind of player I'd love to see succeed. Unfortunately, not every good human being is necessarily a good football player.

Forget whether the defense was good or bad, or whether you like or dislike his receiving corps. Ask yourself this question: how accurate were his throws? Don't worry about the other stuff when evaluating Fitz. Ask only that one question.

There have been many times in Tom Brady's career when he's had a bad receiving corps. But you could still tell he was a franchise QB. Based on the accuracy of Fitz's throws, do you think he's at or near franchise level?

The Fitz bashing has gone a little overboard here. No, he's not an elite QB and he never will be. He's a decent starter than can manage a game and win with a solid supporting cast, but if you expect him to carry the team you're going to be dissappointed.

At this point it's a little silly that while we're fielding what's possibly the worst defense in the history of the league that people are calling for the head of our average QB.

Anyone that thinks the Bills shouldn't use their first pick on a QB is blind. There is no one player that can turn around the defense. The offense on the other hand, is being held back by the play of ONE GUY. Get a competent QB and the deficits of the losses will at least improve. Then get to work on the defense. The Colts (granted they have a highly touted rookie), had the 28th ranked defense, and set a record for completion percentage allowed last season. Their defense sucked. This year they are on the rise already.

Bickering about what to do about this season is just an exercise in futility. There is no savior QB bagging groceries that they are going to bring in. No out of work coach that is going to turn the team around this season. It's done, and it's "going through the motions time" again.

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm

The Fitz bashing has gone a little overboard here. No, he's not an elite QB and he never will be. He's a decent starter than can manage a game and win with a solid supporting cast, but if you expect him to carry the team you're going to be dissappointed.

At this point it's a little silly that while we're fielding what's possibly the worst defense in the history of the league that people are calling for the head of our average QB.

This.

I'm not sure if you watched last two games, but did you see how frustrated stevie was? He was open several times against the patriots and the 49ers and Fitz failed to get him the ball because of poor throws. Stevie is easily a #1 receiver.. he has been open he just hasnt gotten the ball.

I understand what you're saying with here.. but I think most people are just sick of losing. You don't win in this league with an average QB, you need a good one who doesn't turn the ball over 2+ times a game.

On the other hand, you can win with an average defense. Fix the QB problem and everything becomes much easier.

Anyone that thinks the Bills shouldn't use their first pick on a QB is blind. There is no one player that can turn around the defense. The offense on the other hand, is being held back by the play of ONE GUY. Get a competent QB and the deficits of the losses will at least improve. Then get to work on the defense. The Colts (granted they have a highly touted rookie), had the 28th ranked defense, and set a record for completion percentage allowed last season. Their defense sucked. This year they are on the rise already.

Bickering about what to do about this season is just an exercise in futility. There is no savior QB bagging groceries that they are going to bring in. No out of work coach that is going to turn the team around this season. It's done, and it's "going through the motions time" again.

This.