Hire Eric Mangini As A Defensive Consultant

Why is that?

Say what you want about him BUT he knows how to scheme against our division. The main thing I saw in the Jets and Pats game is we were totally out schemed. The Patriots, Jets and Dolphins in different head coaching jobs he has had success against them.

Even though we have had some success last year, the division killed us. Gailey and his staff have been awful against the division as it has been for almost 13 years now. I think it might be even worse now but I have not looked that up.

I see Eric Mangini rotting away on television programs like Sportsnation and I say to myself it wouldn't hurt for Chan and Wannstedt to be able to pick his brain. IMO, Mangini could be an asset to this coaching staff to help us against this division. Mangini doesn't need to call the plays obviously but I think this coaching staff could benefit with helping Wannstedt in preparation throughout the week.

Mangini could also be on the sideline communicating with players, while the Stache is in the booth.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

No opinions on this? Is it that dumb?

Honestly, I see benefit in preparation and on gameday. During the week Mangini is basically a consutlant to Wannstedt and during the game he acts as the bridge between Wanny and the players (D co. asst). Also a different perspective - on field vs booth. Mangini I believe would also be a credible, respected person amongst the players as well.

I don't get it. Why Mangini?

Because he knows how to scheme against our entire division or put it another way has had a lot of success against them. While his entire body of work is not great, he has had some great moments in the AFC East. A hurdle which to this day we have not been able to overcome. Perhaps he can help this team in some way?

Because he knows how to scheme against our entire division or put it another way has had a lot of success against them. While his entire body of work is not great, he has had some great moments in the AFC East.

He was BB's defensive Curtis Modkins.

Because he knows how to scheme against our entire division or put it another way has had a lot of success against them. While his entire body of work is not great, he has had some great moments in the AFC East. A hurdle which to this day we have not been able to overcome. Perhaps he can help this team in some way?

He's not schemed against most of the current coaches. He knows BB and that was ages ago. Though the jerseys remain - its not the same teams (players or coaches).

He's not schemed against most of the current coaches. He knows BB and that was ages ago. Though the jerseys remain - its not the same teams (players or coaches).

Without trying to sound all Jedi on ya I respectfully disagree. Mangine had taken many inferior teams against BB and done well. He knows his former master well.

Its looking like Wannstache is throwing the games in hopes of getting Gailey fired so he can take over....No defensive DC with as much experience as he has lets his defense play like t

hey did today.

Manginni as DC would be a huge upgrade.

Brian Billick as HC would be an upgrade.

Bill Cowher "the chin" as HC would be an upgrade. still under contract in TV

Marty Schottenheimer as HC would be an upgrade, and the guy could probably step in asap.

I just gotta wonder what this board is gonna be like after the next 2 games. AT SF and Arizona.....2-4.

THEN, Tenn, Houston, NE, Miami. so 3 -7

Edited by Fear the Beard