Patriots @ Bills 9/30/2012 Game Thread

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The outcome of this game has nothing to do with the officiating.

My biggest concern was that Wanny wouldn't/couldn't make adjustments and would use the same, vanilla schemes.

He stayed in the nickel/dime all game long with just Barnett and Scott at LB… and the strategy failed miserably.

He would have been better with Moats and Sheppard helping stop the run and occasionally blitzing… something both players seem to do pretty well.

Wanny's coaching has confirmed my worst fears about him. Stubborn and unimaginative.

The nickel/dime never worked today. It should have been scrapped at halftime.

What other linebacker do we have that can cover? Because if you put any other lb on our roster in the nickel brady will go after him. Wanny had no choice but to hope someone could make a play.

We weren't able to stop the run in the nickel at any time this year from the first preseason game on. Belicheck saw that and kept his people in to force us to stay in the nickel and ran on us. Our dline had trouble getting off blocks and once their oline made it to the second level scott or barnett weren't getting off blocks. We need a linebacker that can get off blocks and run, that's the only way we can stop this.

Classic Belicheck today folks.

I don't know but regardless of offensive or defensive schemes and/or trickery, sooner or later you have to beat the man in front of you, we haven't been able to do that consistently since 99.

Either the coaches put their players in a position to succeed or a position to fail.

When you're lining up 4 down linemen and Nick Barnett and Bryan Scott behind them and the front 6 is being blown out by double tight ends, you're putting your players in a position to fail.

Pears needs to be replaced by Hairston. Pears almost had Fitz destroyed in the first half and was responsible for Glenn being injured in the second half.

Screw the platooning at RT… Hairston is the better player… and younger with a bigger upside.

Also it seems like there were times in the game where Spiller was in when Freddy should have been in and visa versa.

The huge margin by which Brady is better than Fitz makes this an uphill matchup but the Bills were outcoached again.

Just before the game, one announcer said of the Bills D line

"Probably one of the best defensive lines in the league"

What a joke

Well when you play the d-line head up on the offensive line, with no blitzes, they're pretty easy to neutralize. It's 5 or 6 against 4 every play.

Wannstedt is stealing money. Most D coordinators spend their week coming up with blitzes, stunts, twists, and looks. Wanny must spend his week eating cheetos and watching chick flics.

Ganesh:

What do you want fitz to do? Throw for 700yds and 7td's in one game??? Holy crap your nuts.

The patriots didn't punt a single time the second half. Every drive: TD. You're a fool if you think this loss doesn't fall on the defense. Damn dude

Pretty much sums up the truth. This was not Fitz's game to lose.

Either the coaches put their players in a position to succeed or a position to fail.

When you're lining up 4 down linemen and Nick Barnett and Bryan Scott behind them and the front 6 is being blown out by double tight ends, you're putting your players in a position to fail.

Pears needs to be replaced by Hairston. Pears almost had Fitz destroyed in the first half and was responsible for Glenn being injured in the second half.

Screw the platooning at RT… Hairston is the better player… and younger with a bigger upside.

Also it seems like there were times in the game where Spiller was in when Freddy should have been in and visa versa.

The huge margin by which Brady is better than Fitz makes this an uphill matchup but the Bills were outcoached again.

I agree with your Hairston point big time.

When you are the QB and make so many critical mistakes, you are the one to take the blame. I saw ZERO emotions from Fitz today. While the defense gave up 6 TDs in those last 6 drives, Fitz did not do any favor for the defense...This loss is squarely on Fitz and the horrible Run defense.

While Fitz did his usual thing(bad throw, good throw, bad throw)I have to say that I was way more surprised today by our horrible run defense. I mean when does N.E. ever ground and pound successfully on anyone? Yes I know we were trying to play pass and yes I saw all of those holds as well but damn that was as bad if not worse that the good ol Mularkey days. Back to back runs for 1st downs? Fn Brady running for a score? It's easy to blame Fitz but I think our Defensive tactics need to be scrapped and completely re-worked before we are going to be able to hang in with any team that doesn't completely suck.

I'm not sure why I'm interested, but does anyone know which radio station runs the postgame show? I'm streaming from out of town, and WGR doesn't carry the postgame (or the play by play) online anymore.

Nevermind. For any other out-of-towners and gluttons for punishment, sportsradio950 is running a postgame show. It's awful, but I don't know what I was expecting.