The Drones Are Here

I have a greenhouse in my backyard, and a police helicopter is always flying over my backyard very low to peek into my greenhouse. I consider that an invasion of privacy and an illegal search. These drones will just make it easier to conduct these searches. Any lawyers out there who know the legality of this tactic?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a greenhouse in my backyard, and a police helicopter is always flying over my backyard very low to peek into my greenhouse. I consider that an invasion of privacy and an illegal search. These drones will just make it easier to conduct these searches. Any lawyers out there who know the legality of this tactic?

The laws probably have not caught up to the technology yet. You could be a pioneer in the legal fight!

Then again, maybe not:

https://bulk.resourc...445.87-764.html

Interesting read. Some judges agreed it was illegal. In my case the helicopter was well below 400 feet, probably 100 to 150 feet which would be definately be an illegal search. It is not a normal flight pattern. I have no panels missing in the greenhouse and I would challenge anyone to be able to identify a species of plant from 400 to 1000 feet from a helicopter thru frosted glass.

Interesting read. Some judges agreed it was illegal. In my case the helicopter was well below 400 feet, probably 100 to 150 feet which would be definately be an illegal search. It is not a normal flight pattern. I have no panels missing in the greenhouse and I would challenge anyone to be able to identify a species of plant from 400 to 1000 feet from a helicopter thru frosted glass.

I don't know this for sure, just speculating, but I'd say they have lenses capable of doing just that. If not, they're on the way.

I don't know this for sure, just speculating, but I'd say they have lenses capable of doing just that. If not, they're on the way.

What bugs me most is the invasion of privacy, plus it's legal to grow marijuana in California with a medical marijuana card for personal use. It's a small green house, 6 by 8, so why are they invading my space? Seems like a waste of resources to buzz my tiny greenhouse.They should have better things to do with their time and resources!

What bugs me most is the invasion of privacy, plus it's legal to grow marijuana in California with a medical marijuana card for personal use. It's a small green house, 6 by 8, so why are they invading my space? Seems like a waste of resources to buzz my tiny greenhouse.They should have better things to do with their time and resources!

You would think, right?

It's amazing to me how many people (not talking about people on this board, just in general) still don't realize how much due process has changed in the past decade and change. It's only going to get worse...

You would think, right?

It's amazing to me how many people (not talking about people on this board, just in general) still don't realize how much due process has changed in the past decade and change. It's only going to get worse...

Drones will be even worse ! They can swoop within 5 feet and check things out! They could even have air particle samplers aboard to snoop even further! George Orwell had it right, big brother is definitely watching!

Drones will be even worse ! They can swoop within 5 feet and check things out! They could even have air particle samplers aboard to snoop even further! George Orwell had it right, big brother is definitely watching!

I just read something today (completely forget where) about the new generation of drones having the ability to hack and/or jam cell phones within a certain radius. I'm sure that's existed for quite some time in intelligence circles, but this was a story about drones available to the general public...

You would think, right?

If you can set aside the time (about 40 minutes), you should watch Rand Paul's presentation and Berkley. It's available on YouTube.

I just read something today (completely forget where) about the new generation of drones having the ability to hack and/or jam cell phones within a certain radius. I'm sure that's existed for quite some time in intelligence circles, but this was a story about drones available to the general public...

The technology's been publicly available for a while. Only the drones are new.

(Makes one wonder why they don't put them in movie theaters, thought.)

Oh, they will get worse than that. They will get much much smaller as well. That pesky insect flaying around bothering you? Is it real, or is it a drone?

The supreme court ruling is California v. Ciraolo.

I'm surprised no one has asked so I will. How good is the weed you're growing? :D

I don't think they use visual identification, but pot reflects certain wavelengths of light differently than most plants