Fred "disappointed" after today's practice

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I prefer to lose this week, and be better for the rest of the season, vs better chance of winning this week and being worse for the rest of the season.

How is that hard to understand? It's not a throwaway game, but one game is less important than 12 games.

It is hard to understand because since 2010 Buffalo is 2-11 within the division, and everybody is sick of it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably disappointed that CJ will be able to play and that means FJ won't start again in this league.

Did anybody watch the video on BB.com.....Bills Roundup. Fred did seem a little disjointed but on the other hand CJ seemed extremely optimistic about his chances for Sunday. I bet CJ goes on Sunday.

Agreed. I think we all looked at CJ carted off and feared the worst. I think he was more mentally hurt than physically. I think he plays with a shot of cortisone/lidocaine before the game. It's unlikely he can make the shoulder any worse. I doubt the same can be said for FJ. If FJ comes back too soon I suspect he could reinjure the knee. And of course there is the Wilfork falling into his knee trick that they will have to worry about.

It is hard to understand because since 2010 Buffalo is 2-11 within the division, and everybody is sick of it.

Would losing FJ and CJ for the year while watching the BIlls beat the Pats make you feel better about it? And wouldn't a serious injury to either or both players jeopardize our chances of winning the remaining 4 divisional games on the schedule? Think it through.

Would losing FJ and CJ for the year while watching the BIlls beat the Pats make you feel better about it? And wouldn't a serious injury to either or both players jeopardize our chances of winning the remaining 4 divisional games on the schedule? Think it through.

Yeah this ^^^^^!

Totally disagree.

You don't know that CJ or Freddie are going to get hurt Sunday or during any other game this season. Using this logic we should sit all of our good players until the playoffs. Of course we won't make the playoff if we don't keep winning games.

Win today adjust as needed tomorrow.

Yeah this ^^^^^!

Totally disagree.

You don't know that CJ or Freddie are going to get hurt Sunday or during any other game this season. Using this logic we should sit all of our good players until the playoffs. Of course we won't make the playoff if we don't keep winning games.

I'm pretty sure sprains can't be made into season-ending injuries...can someone cq that?

IMO, Chan's unwillingness to play reserve RB's this Sunday is just another endictment on his staff's ability to develop talent, and coach young players.

It's shades of Fitz's broken ribs all over again.

If Mcintyre, Choice, and White, are worth keeping on the Roster, they should be played without hesitation this Sunday.

We shouldn't have to rush our marquee players back out of short-sighted desperation.

Of course, therefore, you have a crystal ball and know for a fact that if cj & fj DON'T play this sunday they will be 100% healthy and be major contributors in the remaining four div, games .

No one's saying anything for sure. However, a risk/reward breakdown would imply that it's better to give those two another week.

-We lost Fred for half a season before and it sucked, big time.

I don't wanna go through that again for a game that IMO, isn't worth a whole lot.

Totally disagree.

No, thats not the logic at all and your comparison is completely false. The logic is don't play an injured player if they aren't ready to play simply because its an important game. Comparing the probability of injury of a player already with joint weakness to a healthy player is asinine. One is a very real and known risk, the other cannot be planned around.

I'm pretty sure sprains can't be made into season-ending injuries...can someone cq that?

Perhaps not, but it can certainly get much worse and turn into an injury that keeps both players out of many more games than just 1 or 2. And no one knows how other ligaments in FJ's knee will respond to weakness in one or how having impaired mobility might expose both players to hits or dangerous situations that would otherwise be avoided.

Edited by Jauronimo

am i the only one who thinks white is quicker to the hole and tougher to bring down? i'd like to see him at least splitting carries with choice 50/50.

I am not a big fan.. he dances around behind the line too much.. Needs to run forward not side to side.. Would much rather have a runner like J. Bell.. :(

What scares me the most is that our passing game is weak without CJ or Fred. Missing Nelson hurts. We like swing passes, screens, etc. And that's one place Choice is not very good. It's fine between the tackles, but doesn't give us the pass catching and run after catch that CJ and Fred do. Therefore, we need HUGE games from Stevie and Donald Jones.

Give a couple of tosses to Macintyre and let him smash people.. :)

I'm not saying that i think they should play injured, I'm just stating a reason why people are so eager to get them out on the field this weekend. There is a legitimate feeling of desperation out there.

Chan said after todays practice that barring setbacks, Fred will be playing.