A nickname for the disaster in Seattle?

poo

I suffer hearing about the "Music City Miracle" all the damn time. Anyone want to come up with a catchy nickname to make this game more relevant and hopefully blot out the Miracle?

Seattle Zebra Attack

Tate's, Golden Shover

Simultaneous Disaster

The Gouging of Green Bay

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be "The Catch that while within the rules, everyone is freaking out about because talking heads have been saying what a terrible job the replacement refs are doing so we dont agree with any call they make so that they can try to make the NFL cave to referees that are asking for more money when they are an unimportant part of the game."

Kinda like "The FIeld Goal, that while it went throught the uprights, vince wilfork took off his helmet and belicheat grabbed a referee simply because they thought it could be close even though it was obviously good.

It should be "The Catch that while within the rules, everyone is freaking out about because talking heads have been saying what a terrible job the replacement refs are doing so we dont agree with any call they make so that they can try to make the NFL cave to referees that are asking for more money when they are an unimportant part of the game."

Kinda like "The FIeld Goal, that while it went throught the uprights, vince wilfork took off his helmet and belicheat grabbed a referee simply because they thought it could be close even though it was obviously good.

That isn't exactly catchy :P

thank you

ties go to the offense and on the replay i saw a tie catch

oh and ...

chuck the featriots

The catch really wasn't the issue. The correct call according to the rulebook was made. It was Tates blatant shove that was the issue. The ref that missed that was either blind or a Seahawks fan. And, truth be told, I follow the Hawks as my secondary team to the Bills, so I'd be biased to them if anything. The replacement refs have attracted negative attention that the league doesn't need. Pay the pros and lets get back to a focus on the game not the officiating

Edited by VanCity

How it Feels to Play The Patriots with Regular Refs

No Worse than the "Tuck Rule"

While tonight's calls were bad, the regular refs make their fair share of bad calls. Just a few I can recall:

- Music city forward lateral

- The push out in the back of the EZ against the Jags in 2004- Plax mugging Leodis (I think it was) in the EZ and then pushing off to catch the game winner

- Ed Houchuli's famous Denver fumble fiasco

- Beebe landing on his head but not being down by contact and fumbling

- Bert Emanuel catches the ball for what should be a first down late in the 2000 NFC Championship game between Tampa Bay and St. Louis but it’s ruled that he doesn’t have full control when the ground causes the fumble.

Let's just not kid ourselves into thinking that getting the real refs back will mean the end of bad calls.

thank you

ties go to the offense and on the replay i saw a tie catch

oh and ...

chuck the featriots

The race is to control, not possession - and it looked like Jennings got his hands on first by a mile. As long as he never lost it, he had first shot at possession.

The catch really wasn't the issue. .... It was Tates blatant shove that was the issue. The ref that missed that was either blind or a Seahawks fan.

this to me is also the worst part of it. They usually don't call ticky tack stuff on tose hail mary's, but this was soooooooooooo blatant. If Tate doesn't shove that guy to the ground he doesn't even get near the football. As a guy that roots for the Hawks too, I have a hard time accepting this "win".

While tonight's calls were bad, the regular refs make their fair share of bad calls. Just a few I can recall:

- Music city forward lateral

- The push out in the back of the EZ against the Jags in 2004- Plax mugging Leodis (I think it was) in the EZ and then pushing off to catch the game winner

- Ed Houchuli's famous Denver fumble fiasco

- Beebe landing on his head but not being down by contact and fumbling

- Bert Emanuel catches the ball for what should be a first down late in the 2000 NFC Championship game between Tampa Bay and St. Louis but it’s ruled that he doesn’t have full control when the ground causes the fumble.

Let's just not kid ourselves into thinking that getting the real refs back will mean the end of bad calls.

That is a decade of mistakes. these !@#$tards will have that beat by mid-season. It's not just the big plays, it's the incorrect spotting of the ball, the incorrect marking of the ball after penalties, it's the admin of the game. Everyone makes mistakes, but these guys don't know what they are doing.

So you're a Seahawks fan...