Packers-Seahawks Live Game Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looked like the official who called it a TD looked at the other official to make the call, saw him raise his hands up and thought he was going to confirm his call. Of course the other official was raising his hands to call it a touchback which left the one official with his hands up calling it a TD.

That's just what it looked like to me on the replay.

Jennings made a mistake though catching it in the first place. Should have batted it down. I think that's what they're coached to do in that situation to avoid something like this

You can't just flail at it though- if he just knocks wildly it can land in someone's arms still.

Going over the top and pulling it back wasn't the "wrong" call on Jennings part - he was right in his judgement that he can control it, cause he did. It might not be textbook but Jennings played it pretty well.

The ex ref on ESPN said on replay they can't decide who has possession, they can only tell whether it was in the endzone or not, like TakeYouToTasker said. That is just amazing to me on a TD like that.

He also said that a ref crew that disagrees on a call should settle it before making an official call. That clearly did NOT happen. The ref in the endzone who called it a touchback had a FAR better view than the schmuck who called it a TD.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

I'm not sure they were disagreeing. If you see where they were when the catch actually happened, neither of them could see it. They both came over to the pile, and Tate was wrestling the ball away from Jennings, so the one called it a TD because at that moment it looked like dual possession. The other guy just waved his arms like to stop the clock, I don't at all think that action was meant to imply it was an INT.

He also said that a ref crew that disagrees on a call should settle it before making an official call. That clearly did NOT happen.

It seemed the general mechanics of the crew on that call were severely off. Even if someone had a clear view, they consult first.

The guy that raced in was way to urgent to make a call that from best I could tell wasn't his to make.

I'm not sure they were disagreeing. If you see where they were when the catch actually happened, neither of them could see it. They both came over to the pile, and Tate was wrestling the ball away from Jennings, so the one called it a TD because at that moment it looked like dual possession. The other guy just waved his arms like to stop the clock, I don't at all think that action was meant to imply it was an INT.

Have you ever seen an official stop the clock AND THEN call a TD? I've never seen it. Stopping the clock in that situation is a pre-curser to calling a touchback because of an INT.