McKelvin had a good game

aussiebills

Probably the best game i have seen from him. Really good on punt and kick returns, decent in coverage and the intercept.

What do you guys think about his game today?

Thought the same thing. He's looking really confident on ST, and that pick was icing on the cake.

He really set up those first two TD's with solid returns, if I recall correctly.

He is so much better than anyone else we have for returns. He's really explosive and runs north/south never east/west. I think the ST play is giving him confidence for the coverage part of his game. The kid is very athletic, just needs for it all to translate.

I don't think McLovin gets enough credit for keeping his head and confidence up, and producing on ST, when he has been benched a couple times on D. He should be a better defender, and hasn't lived up to his draft status, but he is a still a valuable member of the team. The INT was a little lucky, but he made the play. We're a much better team with him, if only for this returning ability.

Well .... I did think it was particularly "Leodis-like" for the Bills to field the punt (calling a fair catch even, I believe) near the end of the first half. I believe there was about 20-30 seconds left in the half, Cleveland was punting to us, and we fielded the punt in our territory - only to run the offense out on the field to kneel on it.

Thankfully nothing happened, but I'd like to understand exactly why any Buffalo Bill would've been allowed to be within a mile of that punt when it was coming down.

Well .... I did think it was particularly "Leodis-like" for the Bills to field the punt (calling a fair catch even, I believe) near the end of the first half. I believe there was about 20-30 seconds left in the half, Cleveland was punting to us, and we fielded the punt in our territory - only to run the offense out on the field to kneel on it.

Thankfully nothing happened, but I'd like to understand exactly why any Buffalo Bill would've been allowed to be within a mile of that punt when it was coming down.

So it didn't end up on the 1 yard line.

So it didn't end up on the 1 yard line.

I think that might've been the (scary) logic.

When you're going to trot out the offense on the very next play to call the kneel down, it makes the decision to field that punt quite absurd, to put it politely. There was 1 good decision there, which was: get the heck away from it.

I think that might've been the (scary) logic.

When you're going to trot out the offense on the very next play to call the kneel down, it makes the decision to field that punt quite absurd, to put it politely. There was 1 good decision there, which was: get the heck away from it.

So kneel in the endzone?

It's stupid to look at stats after three games when a guy has a long TD on punt returns. But Leodis is averaging 29.6 yards a PR after three games on 6 returns, 12 yards more than the #2. 12 yards alone would be a great average.

Without the 88 yarder, Leodis has 90 yards on 5 returns, which is 18 yards a return. Ridiculous.

So kneel in the endzone?

We won, I'm thrilled. But yes ... absolutely you risk the possibility of having to kneel on it at the 1 yard line versus risking having the punt fumbled, bobbled, hitting someone in the foot, etc. Only bad things can happen from calling a fair catch and then actually trying to catch it at that point in the game, at that field position.

Thankfully, nothing bad happened.

I don't think McLovin gets enough credit for keeping his head and confidence up, and producing on ST, when he has been benched a couple times on D. He should be a better defender, and hasn't lived up to his draft status, but he is a still a valuable member of the team. The INT was a little lucky, but he made the play. We're a much better team with him, if only for this returning ability.

He got more than a few snaps on defense tody and not just in the 4th quarter. I thought that was 'odd' because Chan indicated earlier that he probably would just continue on ST.

The int was from being in the right place at the right time. What struck me though was how genuinely happy his teammates were. Yes, it sealed the win, but it was more than that. Wilson most of all was all over McCorner. I think that he and the rest of the defense were very happy to see him come through. Maybe that's because of all his ups and downs.