Romney's 2011 taxes

erynthered

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romneys-release-taxes_652850.html

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.

The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.

The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.

The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.

The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.

Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the lowest annual effective federal personal tax rate was 13.66%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the Romneys gave to charity an average of 13.45% of their adjusted gross income.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.weeklysta...xes_652850.html

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.

The Romneys' effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.

The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.

The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.

The Romneys' generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.

Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the lowest annual effective federal personal tax rate was 13.66%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the Romneys gave to charity an average of 13.45% of their adjusted gross income.

Doesn't count because it's to mormon causes :lol:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/harry-reid-mitt-romney-may-be-one-those-paying-no-federal-income-tax_652692.html

"If you’re a multimillionaire, Mitt Romney won’t rest until you get a quarter million dollar tax cut. That’s what the Ryan budget does. And Romney likes that. For all we know, Mitt Romney could be one of those who have paid no federal income tax. Thousands of families make more than $1 million, pay nothing in federal income taxes each year. Repeat that Madame President, thousands of families making more than a million dollars a year pay nothing in federal income taxes. Is Mitt Romney among those? We’ll never know since he refuses to release his tax returns for the years before he was running for president," said Reid.

Jon Stewart lays it on the GOP.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/20/1134237/-MUST-SEE-Jon-Stewart-gets-genuinely-angry-at-Fox-News-for-their-Bulls-t-Mountain

In 2010, Governor Romney had an adjusted gross income of $21.6 million dollars, yet paid only $3 million dollars in federal income tax, or 13.9%. Without the preferential investor tax code, Romney would have paid $7.56 million dollars, a government subsidy of $4 1/2 million dollars.

Or to put that absolutely fair tax break given to a job creator in moocher class dependency terms, enough food stamps to feed Mr. Romney through the year 4870.

Even funnier (I beleive it was Fox ) talks to CRAIG T. NELSON (who claims to have been dirt poor).

CRAIG T. NELSON (6/2/2009): I've been on food stamps and welfare. Anybody help me out? No! OMG how clueless is that!

Jon Stewart lays it on the GOP.

http://www.dailykos....ulls-t-Mountain

In 2010, Governor Romney had an adjusted gross income of $21.6 million dollars, yet paid only $3 million dollars in federal income tax, or 13.9%. Without the preferential investor tax code, Romney would have paid $7.56 million dollars, a government subsidy of $4 1/2 million dollars.

Or to put that absolutely fair tax break given to a job creator in moocher class dependency terms, enough food stamps to feed Mr. Romney through the year 4870.

Even funnier (I beleive it was Fox ) talks to CRAIG T. NELSON (who claims to have been dirt poor).

CRAIG T. NELSON (6/2/2009): I've been on food stamps and welfare. Anybody help me out? No! OMG how clueless is that!

And the average family living paycheck to paycheck pays over 25%

Thank goodness Barry increased the capital gains rate like he campaigned on in 2008...oh, wait a minute! :doh:

Now if only we could see Obamas college transcripts and tax returns....

Sigh....

Not to mention Dirty Harry's and Fancy Nancy's tax returns. I'm sure they paid their "fair share" of taxes. :rolleyes:

and that is essentialy what they paid the other years,

But 14% sounds so much worse than 2 million....................................so that what the dem ads stressed

and the sheep fell right in line.

"We are the 14%! Freedom isn't free!" Mitt Romney on his patriotic tax contribution.

"We are the 14%! Freedom isn't free!" Mitt Romney on his patriotic tax contribution.

So with the actual release of this years returns, the left is reduced to making up fake quotes and slogans..........................thats all thats left.

Romney gave 30% of his income last year to charity. Yes, he’s clearly a greedy, selfish one-percenter who doesn’t care about the poor.

If you really care, you don’t give money yourself.

You get the government to force other people to give.

That’s what true compassion is all about................................... Just ask Joe Biden.

Edited by B-Man

So with the actual release of this years returns, the left is reduced to making up fake quotes and slogans..........................thats all thats left.

Romney gave 30% of his income last year to charity. Yes, he’s clearly a greedy, selfish one-percenter who doesn’t care about the poor.

If you really care, you don’t give money yourself.

You get the government to force other people to give.

That’s what true compassion is all about................................... Just ask Joe Biden.

I don't care about 2011. Romney is not an idiot of course that tax return will make him look good.

What I am interested in is seeing Romney call Harry Reid's bluff and release his taxes for the past 10 years - just like Romney's dad did when he ran for President. Romney released a statement of his past 20 years. I can release a statement too, but that ain't as good as the real thing. Just ask Donald Trump and the birther's.

I don't care about 2011. Romney is not an idiot of course that tax return will make him look good.

What I am interested in is seeing Romney call Harry Reid's bluff and release his taxes for the past 10 years - just like Romney's dad did when he ran for President. Romney released a statement of his past 20 years. I can release a statement too, but that ain't as good as the real thing. Just ask Donald Trump and the birther's.

But the birthers are idiots.

No, it's not. A subsidy is NOT "not taking someone's money".