Whoever Is President In 2013, The Economy Will

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't joke about that....

Why?

If he's right, it won't matter because we are all dead. If he's wrong it won't matter because we aren't all dead, and nobody will care that he joked about it.

Isn't this like believing in God...because there is little downside if there isn't one, but, if there is...?

You know...it's also like Democrats believing the economy is getting better, isn't it? What's the downside if they're wrong? Might as well say it's getting better, right? If it doesn't between now and Nov, there's a good chance they are done anyway, so there's nothing to lose.

Until the October unemployment data, and gas prices, and other pieces of financial data are available on or about Nov 1....there's no harm in having faith in a better economy coming to save them, their party, and the President from their sins.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-economy-bottomed-census-suggests-yes-025320011.html

Lets say Myth wins. In February he will claim that HE alone fixed the economy.

The U.S. economy is showing signs of finally bottoming out: Americans are on the move again after record numbers had stayed put, more young adults are leaving their parents' homes to take a chance with college or the job market, once-sharp declines in births are leveling off and poverty is slowing.

New 2011 census data being released Thursday offer glimmers of hope in an economic recovery that technically began in mid-2009. The annual survey, supplemented with unpublished government figures as of March 2012, covers a year in which unemployment fell modestly from 9.6 percent to 8.9 percent.

Taken as a whole, however, analysts say the latest census data provide wide-ranging evidence of a stabilizing U.S. economy. Coming five years after the housing bust, such a leveling off would mark an end to the longest and most pernicious economic decline since World War II.

Technically began? :lol: Wait: Are they gonna start trying to push the "Summer of Recovery" again? :lol:

Or is this the new one: now that the truth is out about the workforce shrinking, their new excuse is to tell us that the reason the work force has shrunk is because of retirement? Clue: if retirement was the reason for the shrinkage...unemployment would be at .05%, and we'd have a labor shortage...since all those jobs that people supposedly retired from, all in the last 3 years, would all have become available. :lol:

Dude, this cherry picking of economic data just needs to stop.

"Poverty is slowing"....yes....because the working poor and lower middle class are all in poverty already, and it becomes harder to drag more middle class people into poverty the higher up the income chain you go. So it's...."slowing". :rolleyes:

Lets say Myth wins. In February he will claim that HE alone fixed the economy.

Even if we stay sluggish until 2014...by 2016 we'll be better off than we have been in a while...whoever wins will claim responsibility...Mitt says he'll create 12 million jobs...12 million jobs will be created w/ or w/ out Mitt (or "in spite of Obama" if you are Repub)

Edited by TheNewBills

Why?

If he's right, it won't matter because we are all dead. If he's wrong it won't matter because we aren't all dead, and nobody will care that he joked about it.

Isn't this like believing in God...because there is little downside if there isn't one, but, if there is...?

I can't go into details on the internet. It's too sensitive. Let's just say it's not the same thing.

At all.

Don't joke about it. Don't talk about it. Don't even THINK about it.

(Which, coincidentally, is pretty much verbatim what my dates say about their experience with me the next day).

I can't go into details on the internet. It's too sensitive. Let's just say it's not the same thing.

At all.

Don't joke about it. Don't talk about it. Don't even THINK about it.

(Which, coincidentally, is pretty much verbatim what my dates say about their experience with me the next day).

Tgreg: Doing everything in his/her power to propagate the "Hollywood is Batshit Crazy" meme.

Tgreg: Doing everything in his/her power to propagate the "Hollywood is Batshit Crazy" meme.

Look. All the puzzle pieces are out there in broad daylight. If you haven't put the pieces together yet, I don't know what to tell you. But this is a topic that you should have more respect for.

The Mayans don't play.

Look. All the puzzle pieces are out there in broad daylight. If you haven't put the pieces together yet, I don't know what to tell you. But this is a topic that you should have more respect for.

The Mayans don't play.

of course they don't.... They're DEAD!!!!

darn, and most of the time, it's conservatives banded as conspiracy theorists, but this takes the cake...

The Mayans don't play.

Aw c'mon dude tell us.

At least tell me. December 21st is my birthday. Will I have a happy birthday?

Aw c'mon dude tell us.

Depends on your definition of the word happy.

There is a little known Mayan god Bungi-Bungi, whose festival is on that day, and since it's the last day of the world, all those born on that day are sodomized in tribute, in the hopes of privileged treatment in the after-life. On the other hand, all those who weren't born on that day are ritually sacrificed.

As I said, it's a matter of perspective. If sodomy is your thing, you'll be quite pleased.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

of course they don't.... They're DEAD!!!!

darn, and most of the time, it's conservatives banded as conspiracy theorists, but this takes the cake...

Are you sure they're dead?

... Maybe they just went home.

Aw c'mon dude tell us.

Dude, you will have the most memorable birthday in the history of our species. Guaranteed.

They did, actually.

Maybe you should write a screenplay about the Mayans.

They're young hip 20somethings living in New York, 3 boys and 3 girls. They live in apartments across the hall and are just trying to live their love lives in the big city before Quetzalcoatl, Jesus, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster, all return to wreak vengance upon mankind for our sins of Global Warming® and doubting Obama.

Kind of like Apocalyptic Friends