Are the Bills simply a lousy road team?

Big Turk

Not that I agree with the sentiment, but the obvious one is Seattle.

thats one team 2 years ago, that was in an awful division.

i dont think that the line about teams much less talented getting in all the time really applies. its a throw away line in the post but has major implications. i dont think those implications are true. Most wild card teams are pretty darn solid, and unless you are gifted the worst division by a landslide, the division winners tend to deserve to be there. the bills are a team that should be in the battle, but i dont think that they have a ton more talent than even most of the lower end playoff teams.

i probably shouldve spent more time on my initial post though.

the talent level in the NFC west 2 years ago doesnt speak much to whether we should be in the playoffs this year though. We will either have to knock off the Pats as division winner, or win a typically very tough AFC wildcard. we will have to earn our way in big time. it is unlikely that a much less talented team will either win our division, or win an AFC wild card while our much more talented team sits at home. if we dont get in, it will be because some of the other similarly talented (or better) teams beat us in the race to get there.

Edited by NoSaint

Buffalo is definitely not a good road team and that needs to change in order for us to be a playoff team, that's plain and simple. I believe our team has it in them to win on the road they just need to play a more controlled game and run the ball. I'm sorry but I don't have faith in Fitz passing, let alone passing on the road.

Of course we are a lousy road team. That won't change until we change it. By and large, good road teams have dominant defenses. To me, our defense just doesn't pass the eye test at the moment. We don't look 'hard' to play against. While I saw signs of life from our DLine, I am still very much unsold on our LBs and DBs. It's a work in progress. Even though they may suck on paper, the Cleveland game will be telling.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, their road woes have been quite pronounced. I can't imagine that playing on the road affects them this badly though. It just doesn't make sense to me. I could see it affecting a game by a few points on average over a season, but this much is unreasonable IMO. I think the blowouts on the road are somewhat coincidence. Are we a bad road team? Probably, but not as bad as the blowouts would indicate.

The Jets seem to be a very bad matchup for us. Chan is 0-5 against them in his tenure in Buffalo and at least two of them have been blowouts, maybe more. This last game was Fitzpatrick just sucking total balls and Wannstedt's defensive gameplan being horrible. However, we have not matched up well with the Jets in the past.

The surprising thing about this year's game though is they used to ground and pound us to death and then throw off the play action. I felt we were pretty strong against the run in this year's game. They beat us differently this year and I credit the blowout mainly to Fitz sucking and throwing really stupid picks. This actually gives me hope that we might matchup better with them this year. We were able to stop or at least limit their strength on offense; ground and pound. If Fitz can play adaquately like he has shown to be capable, we have a good chance against them in week 17 IMO.

I am hoping for a Bills/Patriots type of reversal. Remember when we stomped the Pats 31-0 on opening day and then they stomped us 31-0 in week 17? I'm hoping the same thing happens for us with the Jets this year. And hopefully, playoffs are on the line; not very likely though.