Season Came Down to One Play

EDinRTP

Up by one and driving the entire length of the field and you don't have the guts to go for it on 4th & 1 deep in Steeler territory? Pathetic. That's confidence in your offense! A TD would have iced it.

Last week the Colts were ready to punt late in the 4th...Manning waved the special teams off the field & he throws a pass for a first down that eventually lead to the winning score.

Up by one and driving the entire length of the field and you don't have the guts to go for it on 4th & 1 deep in Steeler territory?  Pathetic.  That's confidence in your offense!  A TD would have iced it. 

Last week the Colts were ready to punt late in the 4th...Manning waved the special teams off the field & he throws a pass for a first down that eventually lead to the winning score.

188945[/snapback]

Yeah, that was the exact same situation.

Down by 8 with 2 minutes left vs.....

Up by 1 w/ a chance to go up 4 against a team that's been kicking FG's all day.

It definetly was the right call. Calling it 1 yard for a first is being generous. We make the kick and we are up by 4 with the Steelers third string QB in the game and the D holding them to FG's. Too bad our FG kicker has a cement foot! 0:)

Up by one and driving the entire length of the field and you don't have the guts to go for it on 4th & 1 deep in Steeler territory?  Pathetic.  That's confidence in your offense!  A TD would have iced it. 

188945[/snapback]

I thought that as well. We had the momentum at that point. Baed decision, playing not to lose. Should have went for it. No matter, we would have been spanked by any team next week anyways. Bledsoe must go !

188945[/snapback]

While not quite similar situations, I did not like not going for it on the 4th and 1. I agree that it showed no faith in your O on a day that confidence was lacking. The D was not confident either, and knowing how erratic Lindell is , I just feel that going for it and not succeeding would not have been as detrimental to the psyche of the D as that missed kick. You don't expect to miss one from that distance, but we're talking Lindell here. I liked what Willis was doing on that drive and wanted to keep the momentum going. 0:)

Well, Clements returned the INT for a TD, Bills then held Pittsburgh and drove from their own 1 to the Pittsburgh 11. Up by one with the crowd into it and a chance for the kill and they took the gutless way out and went for three. I wouldn't trust Lindell to walk the ball to the goal line and throw it over the bar. If they make it on 4th and one, they very well may have scored a TD and went up by 8. Ballgame over. Instead Lindell shanks a 28 yarder and Pittsburgh breaks a run for 60 yards. That killed the Bills. Even if they missed on 4th and one, Pittsburgh has the ball on their own 10 and maybe they make a mistake with Brian ST. Pierre or whatever the hell his name is in the game at QB and the D scores a TD. We will never know. No guts, no glory. Even dumber was the Shaud Williams play. Why is he in on 3rd & 1 alone in the backfield? Why in the hell didn't they run McGahee with Shelton blocking twice if they had to? Then on 4th down they punt from inside Pittsburgh territory down by 9 with 9 minutes left. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Well, Clements returned the INT for a TD, Bills then held Pittsburgh and drove from their own 1 to the Pittsburgh 11. Up by one with the crowd into it and a chance for the kill and they took the gutless way out and went for three. I wouldn't trust Lindell to walk the ball to the goal line and throw it over the bar. If they make it on 4th and one, they very well may have scored a TD and went up by 8. Ballgame over. Instead Lindell shanks a 28 yarder and Pittsburgh breaks a run for 60 yards. That killed the Bills. Even if they missed on 4th and one, Pittsburgh has the ball on their own 10 and maybe they make a mistake with Brian ST. Pierre or whatever the hell his name is in the game at QB and the D scores a TD. We will never know. No guts, no glory. Even dumber was the Shaud Williams play. Why is he in on 3rd & 1 alone in the backfield? Why in the hell didn't they run McGahee with Shelton blocking twice if they had to? Then on 4th down they punt from inside Pittsburgh territory down by 9 with 9 minutes left. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

189378[/snapback]

The FG was the right call...Lindell just missed it...

As for Mcgahee not running it on 3rd and 1....Mcgahee got hurt on the pervious play...Are you blaming that on Mularkey too??

I don't think it should have come down to a field goal against apitts scrubs.

I admit that Lindell sux but it should never come down to the FG. Just my opinion though. BLEDSOE sux, Moulds sux, Reed sux, but most of all Bledsoe sux.

Cowher handed that to MM ona platter by playing his scrubs for almost 3 quarters, unfotunately MM handed it to DB and he dropped the ball(no pun intended), lol, even I suck.

It was the right call to go for the points, but we've got a POS kicker, so it didn't work out.

189173[/snapback]

That POS kicker made the previous extra point by about one foot. Was the coaching staff noticing? No friggin way I go for FG. Believe in your defense!

MM was playing Wade-like chickenshit not to lose.

We knew that the kicker was a "weak link" from the losses from the beginning of the season. Why didn't they look at another kicker back then. We were calling for his head on this board in about week three. He cost us back then with his misses and last year too. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

The coaches really dropped the ball when they let him stay.