Dareus - Player Intros

MURTR

Playing 1 week after your little brother is randomly murdered has got to be tough as hell.

Think it would be cool if they recognize that and intro the starting D and make Dareus the last player. Think there is anything cool the fans can do?

Edited by Murt

I think we should let him play and not remind him of this tragedy in any way around game time. Sometimes work is a welcome distraction for people who are grieving. That said, something from the team and/or fans away from game time would be nice.

Does anyone know: In situations like this, can players get permission from the league to wear a small patch on their uniform? I've only seen these that the whole team wears like when Sean Taylor was killed.

It's a cool idea and I'd love to see it. I hope it puts back in perspective all the people freaking out about a GAME. Very few people have had a harder like than MD, yet I never see him without a smile on his face. I couldn't imagine dealing with something like this.

Obviously, the last 12 years have taken a toll but Bills fans aren't the same. It's pathetic how some people are ripping Mario after one game. The best thing about playing for the Bills is the fans. The players should be part of the family. So here's to fans picking up MD and he have the game of his life for his brother. And if he doesn't, it's still a game and not nearly as important as real life. All the best to him and his family during this extremely difficult time.

It's a cool idea and I'd love to see it. I hope it puts back in perspective all the people freaking out about a GAME. Very few people have had a harder like than MD, yet I never see him without a smile on his face. I couldn't imagine dealing with something like this.

Obviously, the last 12 years have taken a toll but Bills fans aren't the same. It's pathetic how some people are ripping Mario after one game. The best thing about playing for the Bills is the fans. The players should be part of the family. So here's to fans picking up MD and he have the game of his life for his brother. And if he doesn't, it's still a game and not nearly as important as real life. All the best to him and his family during this extremely difficult time.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Exactly what I was thinking.....shout out to Rodney Harrison!

Edited by Murt

Perfectly stated.

Playing 1 week after your little brother is randomly murdered has got to be tough as hell.

Think it would be cool if they recognize that and intro the starting D and make Dareus the last player. Think there is anything cool the fans can do?

Your idea is great. I am sure the stadium will explode when he is introduced.

how about we get a win and the whole team gathers around on the field and gives him the game ball. in front of the fans

I'm not sure I'd want to line up across from him this week that's for sure. Some peole are very good at channelling their anger and frustrations into outlets like sports. If Marcell is one of those people the opposing guard is going to get pummeled and I'm not even sure Marcell will care if he makes the play or not - just repeatedly abuse the person across from him. God help Cassell if he gets there.

Do you expect him to rip his head off because he is angry about his brother being killed? :blink:

naw he is too damn nice. but he will unload the whole woodshed on him. Papi has a great point.

I would rip his head clean off but i am not as stable as young Mr. Dareus

Do you expect him to rip his head off because he is angry about his brother being killed? :blink:

I don't think it has to be a violent thing. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dareus plays like a man on a mission. I agree with Big Papi: I'm not sure I'd want to be lined up across from Dareus this week. All that energy channeled in one direction? He could be destructive in the KC backfield on Sunday.

I don't think it has to be a violent thing. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dareus plays like a man on a mission. I agree with Big Papi: I'm not sure I'd want to be lined up across from Dareus this week. All that energy channeled in one direction? He could be destructive in the KC backfield on Sunday.

Not that I disagree, but shouldn't he be destructive every week?

And yes, work is the perfect place to get away from the sadness of life. It lets your mind go to a different place. I hope he thoroughly enjoys meeting Mr. Cassell many times.

I'll be wearing my Dareus jersey and hope he is able to play. He is obviously a man of extremely high character and is my favorite current Bill becuase of who he is and what he does. He is a humble man and has my utmost respect.

This dude is as good as you can get. I recall reading if not mistaken he has been cutting his grandmothers? grass the last two years in the summer. Despite being the big man now and being able to pay someone to take care of things. Money is not what this guy is about. He is a genuine good human being. I love Marcell Dareus. This guy is a mans man. Heal thyself once again Marcell. You will feel the love from all of us this Sunday my man!