I know there is alot of negativity

I fully understand your disdain for negativity. However, I can assure you that denial isn't a way forward. What we all saw last Sunday wasn't just a bad game. It was a complete and utter lack of preparation, a total breakdown in discipline, and the absence of any kind of leadership.

On Sports networks, the Bills are being called things like "putrid", "awful" and "just a bad team."

Jim Kelly himself said that he had become less hopeful for our team in recent weeks.

The point I'm making is that this team cannot be saved by a "stay the course" mentality. The fans need to remain vocal and engaged about what's making them unhappy. The Booing of certain players on Sunday (Fitz) is a way to let OBD know that we don't apreciate what's going on. EVERY true Bills fan at that game should do it without hesitation. BOO FITZ. -S#!t, Boo Gailey too, if you get a chance. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse. If the fans continue to accept this, it will be another ten years before we see the playoffs.

Better coaching, Better Players, and Better Play. -That's all we ask as fans.

I totally disagree with your idea of lack of preperation. Our QB made some bad decisions and didn't have it last week. That was the single problem offensively. He blew the game on that side of the ball, plain and simple.

As for the defense our DB's played off the ball. Williams, and Gilmore are both young corners and McKelvin is just terrible. Nothing happened Sunday where I can say holy crap we weren't prepared.

I, unlike many don't see the D-line as a problem. I don't feel like we had much chance to sack Sanchez because of how quick he was getting rid of the ball, not because our D-Line sucked.

Call me a homer, I am just looking at what I saw and I don't think that the 1 game is as big a deal as many. Nor do I think it's a reflection on the rest of the year.

Maybe losing first is for the best.

Think about it....last season we started off great and then something like 7 out of the last 8?

Maybe if we lose first we will win later?

OK I admit half this post is sarcastic but I'm also half serious.

Last year when we were 5-2 people said you need to win in December when it counts.

Maybe the Bills will correct the mistakes they make early on and it will pay off for us in November/December

Go Bills!!!!

CBF

There's defenately some truth to this. Last year at the begining of the year the Giants fans were ready to jump off the TappanZee Bridge. It took until they beat us really to start getting some faith. I'm not saying we will take a page out of thier book. Truth is I'm always optimistic on gameday, especially at the game. It's just that for only the 2nd time in the last 10 years I was actually embarrassed to be a Bills fan. That's how bad they looked. The other game was the 6-3 barn burner against the Browns during the Juron years. I told myself at the 2nd quarter of that game that I wouldn't hope for a win until Dick Juron got fired. It didn't take long and I was back on the wagon. I just fear that Gailey will never change and miss use his players. Fitz isn't the game changing QB he wants him to be and apparently he has no faith in Spiller even though he consistantly gets better and proves to just about everyone except Gailey that he can get it done. That's my biggest gripe right now. If by week 4 we don't have at least a 2-2 record, and Gailey continues to dissapoint, I'll be feeling pretty much the same as I did at that Browns game. Ironically we play the Browns in week 3 so it might be disturbingly similar.

That's my take. I'm not on the ledge yet, but I'm paying the toll to get on the bridge. Please learn from your stubborness Gailey, Please!!!

The Bills, Giants, and Packers are all winless but they are not out of the playoff hunt. I am not saying we don't have problems but I don't think anger and panic are the way to go.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, and there is nothing wrong with being a homer.

But the Giants are the Giants, the Pack is the Pack, and the Bills ... well, are the Bills. Play a game with those 3 teams and tell me which of the three doesn't belong in the group ;)

It is only 1 game so far, and there has been some anger and panic expressed here. But I think for most it is more acknowledgement and resignation. For most at TBD this is not the first time at the rodeo. Maybe everyone should homer up and not give in so easily. But after the last 12 years, and the vast majority of the Bills history (under .500 for it's NFL existence) you can't really blame them for not wanting to get their hopes up too high.

I fully understand your disdain for negativity. However, I can assure you that denial isn't a way forward. What we all saw last Sunday wasn't just a bad game. It was a complete and utter lack of preparation, a total breakdown in discipline, and the absence of any kind of leadership.

On Sports networks, the Bills are being called things like "putrid", "awful" and "just a bad team."

Jim Kelly himself said that he had become less hopeful for our team in recent weeks.

The point I'm making is that this team cannot be saved by a "stay the course" mentality. The fans need to remain vocal and engaged about what's making them unhappy. The Booing of certain players on Sunday (Fitz) is a way to let OBD know that we don't apreciate what's going on. EVERY true Bills fan at that game should do it without hesitation. BOO FITZ. -S#!t, Boo Gailey too, if you get a chance. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse. If the fans continue to accept this, it will be another ten years before we see the playoffs.

Better coaching, Better Players, and Better Play. -That's all we ask as fans.

Personally I think the crowd should support it's home team. Booing your own team is exactly what the opposing team wants to hear. "Hey Buffalo your crowd hates you, they're on our side now." It just seems like something a Jets fan would do.....

I'm pretty sure Fitz and the offense know that the crowd wants them to score points genius. Do you expect Fitz to say "oh hey, guys, from what I hear the crowd isn't happy with our offense, we need to start trying harder....."

I respect anyone's choice to Boo the home team, but for you to say EVERY real fan should do it is ridiculous.

I personally think fans should save their voice for when the 12th man is supposed to be as loud as possible--on defense to take away the audible or get some pre snap movement penalties. The team would probably agree with me.

Yeah, Bills, Giants, Packers.....same thing--why worry?

oy.

Well the Giants lost 8 games in 09, 6 games in 2010 and 7 games last year with a squeaker win against us that would have put them at 8-8.

Hardly a dominant regular season team.

Both sides need to calm down.

There is no way this D line isn't going to be dominant. I mean, c'mon--Williams (pro bowl), Williams (pro bowl), Dareus (future pro bowl) and Anderson (10 sacks last year).

AND...Fitz can control his INTs. We also have a great O line (0 sacks) and run game.

BUT...this pass coverage...I don't know if it can improve so drastically. And the defensive play calling / game planning simply needs to get better. Also, the deep pass is lacking.

One game. Sky not falling. We're not a juggernaut. Yada yada yada.

This team will be competing for a playoff spot, but will struggle--perhaps, at times, mightily--along the way.

Maybe losing first is for the best.

Think about it....last season we started off great and then something like 7 out of the last 8?

Maybe if we lose first we will win later?

OK I admit half this post is sarcastic but I'm also half serious.

Last year when we were 5-2 people said you need to win in December when it counts.

Maybe the Bills will correct the mistakes they make early on and it will pay off for us in November/December

Go Bills!!!!

CBF

Heard on ESPN radio yesterday that something like 80 or 85% of the playoff teams each year start out the season 1-0? Hey, we could still be in that 15-20%!!! Yeah right :death: