Notre Dame to ACC

\GoBillsInDallas/

I guess they plan on playing 5 ACC opponents in football a season though despite keeping their independent football status.

Five seems like a lot, but doable while still protecting their most traditional rivals. I presume Michigan, Mich St, USC, Navy and Purdue are untouchable, and they'll try to keep Stanford and BC as well.

They do have a long history with teams like UNC, Miami and GA Tech, so I guess it makes some sense. They never had any connection with the Big East.

Five seems like a lot, but doable while still protecting their most traditional rivals. I presume Michigan, Mich St, USC, Navy and Purdue are untouchable, and they'll try to keep Stanford and BC as well.

They do have a long history with teams like UNC, Miami and GA Tech, so I guess it makes some sense. They never had any connection with the Big East.

Well, BC would be one of their ACC conference games....

So this essentially makes it 15 in the ACC.

Uconn's really gotta push NOW to be that magic 16th. Gotta get out of the Big East. It's dying.

Well, BC would be one of their ACC conference games....

Oh right....I still think of them as Big East. I can't keep up anymore.

Uconn's really gotta push NOW to be that magic 16th. Gotta get out of the Big East. It's dying.

That would be wise. Has everyone else with a football team already bailed?

Too bad, they belong in the Big Ten.

I guess not everyone has the guts to schedule Bethune-Cookman. <_<

or Bowling Green or Savannah State

Maybe Miami could play Army,Navy,and the Air Force with Eastern Michigan thrown in.

The move may cost the Irish some traditional opponents in football, as a Notre Dame official said the school's top priorities in football scheduling moving forward will be to retain a West Coast presence -- games against USC and Stanford -- and the annual game with Navy. That means Notre Dame's games against some of its Midwest opponents could be in danger.

I believe BC is doing its best to try and keep this from happening so they can be the only New England ACC team.

You don't have to *believe* it. They were. I don't have the article offhand, but I remember well thinking what a nice, forgiving, and friendly Catholic Church administration they have at BC.... !@#$ing bastards!

But the ACC desperately wants a presence in the NYC-and-environs market, and UConn offers that. Our games are on the SNY network, have the track record at MSG in the Big East tourneys, we recruit HEAVILY in that market, and there are LOT$ of UConn fans in Fairfield County.