The religion of peace.

Gary M

But you're implying it's religion motivated. Now it sounds nationality related. Which isn't any better but still, it's not about religion. Game, set, match.

I'm late to this as well.... Simple answer really, since the stated goal of Islam is to "convert" the world... The US, for now anyway, represents the biggest threat to this world "conversion" (domination) because of not only it's power, but it's belief in freedom of religion. Every other nation on earth has some restraints on religion, ESPECIALLY, Muslim nations where in many, it's illegal to own a cross or Bible or heck, even a Buddha... Obviously, the "intertwined" 3rd was referring to...

In this country, we have the guarantee of Separation between Church and State, something that is a major stumbling block to our own conversion (by force of government) to Islam...

BTW... why haven't you addressed the Quaran quotes that Tom beat me to by posting? Can you clarify them perhaps with some context?

Edited by Cinga

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite...since Islam is both religious and political, so drawing any comparison to any liberal western democracy is at best inexact.

But it's loads of fun watching ignoramuses argue about it as though it's so simple... :lol:

Ah, Tommy staying above the fray again. While there certainly may be many complicated issues here, there are some simple truths. I've been trying to get NJ to see that people who are Muslims or pretend to be, regardless of what the Quran says or not, are killers. They are killers in the name of his religion. On the one hand the world is told that they are such a tiny minority that they can't be representative of Islam. On the other hand I'm told that the overwhelming majority of Muslims can't do anything about it. What I suspect is that there are one hell of a lot of Muslims who sympathize with the killers and the peaceful ones like NJ feel it's in their best interest to be non-confrontational.

Ah, Tommy staying above the fray again. While there certainly may be many complicated issues here, there are some simple truths. I've been trying to get NJ to see that people who are Muslims or pretend to be, regardless of what the Quran says or not, are killers. They are killers in the name of his religion. On the one hand the world is told that they are such a tiny minority that they can't be representative of Islam. On the other hand I'm told that the overwhelming majority of Muslims can't do anything about it. What I suspect is that there are one hell of a lot of Muslims who sympathize with the killers and the peaceful ones like NJ feel it's in their best interest to be non-confrontational.

One could say all the same about Christianity w/r/t people that shoot OB/GYNs that perform abortions...and your only reply would be to post a link about "Muslim" violence.

One could say all the same about Christianity w/r/t people that shoot OB/GYNs that perform abortions...and your only reply would be to post a link about "Muslim" violence.

Ahhhh, the abortion doctor murders comparison.

Yes, absolutely, those murders are just as wrong.

The difference being to find out about a fanatic Christian murder, you need to search Google

To read about a fanatical Muslim murder, you just need to pick up today's paper.

Not quite...since Islam is both religious and political, so drawing any comparison to any liberal western democracy is at best inexact.

But it's loads of fun watching ignoramuses argue about it as though it's so simple... :lol:

You can't/won't answer the question either, Tom. There are plenty of predominantly Christian embassies in the middle east and none of them are presently under attack. I understand that Islam is both politics and religion. You don't have to tell me that. 3rd already mentioned that before you anyways. That still doesn't answer the question. Why aren't other embassies under attack?

You really should get into politics, though, because you sound just like a politician (not a compliment, btw). You dance around questions like Ali in his prime and pretend to be some sort of genius. Like I said before, you're the smartest kid on the short bus. A fugazy. A fake, A fraud. What are you doing on a Bills message board talking about politics anyways, you should hang with your own kind. Go talk politics with people that love that crap like we love the Bills. You won't though, would you? You'd have your lunch handed to you, won't you? So you come out here and flex your muscles and call people names. Quit standing on your soap box like you're better than everyone else, because you're not. Your sh*t is getting old.

You're an idiot and a !@#$ing moron. Even NJ is laughing at you.

Even? Damn, 3rd, I thought we were making some progress, now you want to start with the insults? Let's just focus on D**kC**t Tom. We have a common enemy.

Edited by NoJustice

You can't/won't answer the question either, Tom. There are plenty of predominantly Christian embassies in the middle east and none of them are presently under attack. I understand that Islam is both politics and religion. You don't have to tell me that. 3rd already mentioned that before you anyways. That still doesn't answer the question. Why aren't other embassies under attack?

You really should get into politics, though, because you sound just like a politician (not a compliment, btw). You dance around questions like Ali in his prime and pretend to be some sort of genius. Like I said before, you're the smartest kid on the short bus. A fugazy. A fake, A fraud. What are you doing on a Bills message board talking about politics anyways, you should hang with your own kind. Go talk politics with people that love that crap like we love the Bills. You won't though, would you? You'd have your lunch handed to you, won't you? So you come out here and flex your muscles and call people names. Quit standing on your soap box like you're better than everyone else, because you're not. Your sh*t is getting old.

So you're going jtsp?

:lol: Moron

Gay jokes :lol:

IIRC you also went off the handle a while back. Happy New Year.

You're the one going all Kevin Costner, like you're a bodyguard or something. Stay out of it. He calls people idiot all the time and that's okay? No, it's not. He deserved what he got. Keep acting like his clone and you'll get some, too.

You're the one going all Kevin Costner, like you're a bodyguard or something. Stay out of it. He calls people idiot all the time and that's okay? No, it's not. He deserved what he got. Keep acting like his clone and you'll get some, too.

I'm no ones body guard you wet stain. I'm laughing because you actually think you got the better of someone else with that asinine post.

:lol:

Please spare me the smack down :lol:

I'm no ones body guard you wet stain. I'm laughing because you actually think you got the better of someone else with that asinine post.

:lol:

Please spare me the smack down :lol:

You're somebody's b^*%h. You joined in on something that didn't concern you, Clone. Hangin' on Tom's nut-sack like LeBron James on a rim.

You're somebody's b^*%h. You joined in on something that didn't concern you, Clone. Hangin' on Tom's nut-sack like LeBron James on a rim.

This is a public forum. You made an asinine statement and this is not the first time you foam at the mouth when you don't like the responses you receive. If you don't want other people to chime in on your retarded statements, send them in PM or shut the !@#$ up.

Edited by meazza

This is a public forum. You made an asinine statement and this is not the first time you foam at the mouth when you don't like the responses you receive. If you don't want other people to chime in on your retarded statements, send them in PM or shut the !@#$ up.

What asinine statement, Kevin? Specify.

But...I am better than everyone else. :lol:

One could take your arguments, swap "Islam" for "Christian", and get 3rd's. And vice-versa. Neither of you's capable of discussing it intelligently, not while you keep casting it in terms of religious doctrine, which both of you misinterpret (3rd in his typically ignorant "All people sharing a label are the same" - God forbid, though, you lump him in with Christians like David Koresh though.) You - you're actually worse in a way, giving an interpretation of Islam through the western liberal view of separation of church and state, when you should know better.

You'd both be better off not discussing it with each other - you're not even having the same discussion, and neither of you's capable of realizing it.

The difference being to find out about a fanatic Christian murder, you need to search Google

To read about a fanatical Muslim murder, you just need to pick up today's paper.

So what's the minimum number of people practicing violence in the name of religion that determines that the religion is violent? Is there some official floor, beneath which a religion is actually peaceful? It seems like it's more than, say, five, but less than couple hundred thousand, maybe?

One could take your arguments, swap "Islam" for "Christian", and get 3rd's. And vice-versa. Neither of you's capable of discussing it intelligently, not while you keep casting it in terms of religious doctrine, which both of you misinterpret (3rd in his typically ignorant "All people sharing a label are the same" - God forbid, though, you lump him in with Christians like David Koresh though.) You - you're actually worse in a way, giving an interpretation of Islam through the western liberal view of separation of church and state, when you should know better.

You'd both be better off not discussing it with each other - you're not even having the same discussion, and neither of you's capable of realizing it.

So what's the minimum number of people practicing violence in the name of religion that determines that the religion is violent? Is there some official floor, beneath which a religion is actually peaceful? It seems like it's more than, say, five, but less than couple hundred thousand, maybe?

Still dancing. Typical. Listen here, numbnuts, you don't know half of what you think you know. You even tried to school me on the Palestinian/Israeli issue even though you haven't lived it or experienced it, like me and my family have.

Now you're telling me I'm incapable of having a debate on whether Islam is or isn't responsible for the violence in the ME? Come on, man! Don't pretend to know more about Islam than I do, okay? Because you don't.

You even searched the web for some lines in the Quran without specifying the context of those lines. That doesn't make you an expert on Islam. That makes you a fraud. You have never read the Quran or even visited a mosque, so what do you really know about MY religion. Nothing!

Education and money (real economy) is the only answer for that part of the world. It has nothing to do w/ Islam. They're pissed, and they're religious...and their leaders can easily turn all that energy against us to avoid tension coming back at them b/c we put ourselves out there. And all this goes w/ the obvious point that while protests makes for vivid imagery...it's still not the case that there's out of control anti-American violence throughout the region by the masses.

Is it not that simple?

Edited by TheNewBills

You don't comprehend what you read very well do you? You have no clue what I was trying to accomplish with NJ. As long as you can interject yourself into a conversation, somehow misinterp what is being stated and proclaim yourself superior, you are complete. You do have some talent. Why don't you use that in a positive way rather than just sitting up there in your balcony taking cheap shots at those of us you feel are inferior.

A comment I saw in the comments section in an article:

It appears to be a religion ..."

This is the problem. Islam is not just a "religion", and too many people make a grave error in considering it so.

It is an all-encompassing system that includes ALL aspects of a society and culture: religion, government, judiciary, education, military, economics, etc. And it is completely intolerant of others, seeking total domination over all others.

This is why it is completely incompatible with the West, democracy, capitalism, Judeo-Christianity, and other religions.

There really is no room for co-existence, and it is why we will remain in conflict with the Muslim world until one side or the other wins.

It really is as simple as "US" or "THEM".

Posted by: fdcol63 | September 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Edited by 3rdnlng

Is that the only answer you have? Apparently you feel the KKK was all about religion? No race factor ar all? Save me the time of reading a book and give us your version,.

So what? You want things spoon fed to you now? So much for being a self made man. I thought you weren't a liberal?

The Klan was formed and comprised of largely southern baptists. They consider themselves to be Christian soldiers. The reason they burned crosses isn't just because it looks scary... again, educate yourself. The Klan was formed in religious fires and their beliefs are taken from Christianity and have been perverted to suit their racial agenda.

Racism couched in religious fanaticism. Sound familiar?

Again, the point in bringing up the Klan is to show how silly your beliefs are. Saying radical muslims somehow speak for 1.6 billion people is as silly as me saying the Klan speaks for the over 1 billion Christians. Trying to argue me on this makes you look foolish.

No Gary, I'm seriously asking NJ to take a stand. He's hiding behind the Quran to prove that Islam is the "Religion of Peace" while a good share of its followers are proving otherwise. I'm freely willing to concede that Qurans don't kill people, if he is willing to concede that Muslims do.

Dumbest post of the year.

So wait, now we should listen to what the mainstream media tells us? I mean, gosh, that kind of goes against everything you've been spouting for months.

Truth.

So wait, now we should listen to what the mainstream media tells us? I mean, gosh, that kind of goes against everything you've been spouting for months.

Is that a joke answer ?

The obvious point of my reference was that MD killers are few and (thankfully ) far between, while muslim fanatic murders are almost daily.

How you come up with your response is questionable.... (to be kind)