TMQ takes OBD to task

BRH

I have a suggestion. They should post the article in the Bills front office lobby, locker room, training room, all meeting rooms and coaches offices. And... in the lavatories.

I'll supply the thumb tacks.

Edited by VanCity

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "QBs no one wanted" argument is particularly stupid. By this logic no one wanted the Eagles' QBs, or Drew Brees. Tom Brady and Tony Romo were QBs no one wanted.

No one's arguing Fitz is in the same class, but come up with a better way to put it.

Well, how about "the quarterback nobody wanted but the Buffalo Bills"

I think most fans and sports writers were shocked at how poorly the defense played considering the 2 new DE's obtained in free agency. What was the line i kept hearing over and over, "best D line in the game". The 100 million dollar man had one tackle!

"Buffalo's awful secondary does not help. The Bills allowed a 123.4-rating day by Mark Sanchez, one of the worst passers in the league."

We all knew Fitz has bad games, who's fault is it the Bills don't have anyone on the roster should they want to bench Fitz. The writer of the article is right tho, why hasn't this regime even tried to draft a QB in 3 years?

"Despite the NFL being a passing league, the Bills have no quarterback they drafted on their roster, just an assortment of quarterbacks other teams didn't want."

We really should have invested more resources into qbs, mainly with draft picks. Im would have been ok with Fitz as a stop gap player, but not developing anyone else beyond him is terrible

This is what really pisses me off about the Nix/Gailey regime, the complete refusal to draft a young QB, what is it, unless "he's a 10-15 year guy".

What kind of crap is that?

Sometimes I wish the TBD posters were running the draft. (Sometimes, that is!) We would at least have Skelton or Russell Wilson or Cousins - a guy who can be developed for a year or two.

Nix/Gailey refuse to see that as a need for the Bills.

The Bills have drafted QBs in the past decade - including one in the first round that the pundits gushed over. Where is he now? The UFL?

For all we know, Week One will turn out to be as meaningless to this season as the Week Three win over the Pats turned out to be last season - a fluke. I might be delusional, but I still think 10-6 is within reach.

Somewhere between what Eastbrook wrote, and what Promo says is the truth....season isn't over after one game, though that one game didn't look/feel very good.

I will say this, though: Every NFL season, the first two weeks there are always game results, and player performances that are in no way indicative with the way the rest of the season pans out...hopefully, the Bills/Jets result is one of those.

Also, the Bills may not be ready for the playoffs yet (I never thought they were, and I think way too much is made of the Mario/Anderson signings), but I think they are better than what they showed this past Sunday. I suspect the level of play, win or lose, will be much higher the rest of the season, with a few of these stinkers sprinkled in. The WR situation is pretty scary, particularly if Fitz plays the way he played on Sunday.... my guess is, he has some much better games along the way...with a few of these stinkers sprinkled in...a work in progress this team is.

The Bills have drafted QBs in the past decade - including one in the first round that the pundits gushed over. Where is he now? The UFL?

For all we know, Week One will turn out to be as meaningless to this season as the Week Three win over the Pats turned out to be last season - a fluke. I might be delusional, but I still think 10-6 is within reach.

We really don't draft qbs all that often. The last time we had a good prospect was with Edwards, and all it did was cost a third rounder. Even if they just took someone with one of our 4th round picks, I would be ok with that. Not drafting a single decent prospect in 3 drafts seems poor. And levi doesn't count for anything other than camp fodder

i think the piece is pretty accurate. i'm just not sure about the last statement. i think they care but i'm not sure which of the following options apply if that's truly the case:

1. they're incompetent

2. profits receive higher priority than winning

3. wilson is still meddling in football decisions and hasn't a clue about the nfl in 2012 or even what he wants for breakfast.

4. it's impossible to get a good gm and coach with the organization's reputation

5. all of the above

feel free to add or subtract from the above list. surely, i've missed some possibilities.

all that said, it's one game and there's still some hope.

Well, how about "the quarterback nobody wanted but the Buffalo Bills"

You know what's really funny about that? Fitz was brought in as a veteran backup to Trent Edwards, not to be the starter. He was just an insurance policy should the guy they were going to build their Go-Befuddle Offense around.

OK. Maybe it is not funny. Maybe we should :cry: or :sick:

i think the piece is pretty accurate. i'm just not sure about the last statement. i think they care but i'm not sure which of the following options apply if that's truly the case:

1. they're incompetent

3. wilson is still meddling in football decisions and hasn't a clue about the nfl in 2012 or even what he wants for breakfast.

4. it's impossible to get a good gm and coach with the organization's reputation

5. all of the above

feel free to add or subtract from the above list. surely, i've missed some possibilities.

Don't forget, we are cursed. We are cursed so bad, we turn $100 million into garbage. A curse is the most logical explanation

1. they're incompetent

5. all of the above

#3 is a little harsh with a old and poor remark about a old man. Not funny at all

I doubt ralph is doing any meddling at this point.

Don't forget, we are cursed. We are cursed so bad, we turn $100 million into garbage. A curse is the most logical explanation

yep, that's gotta be it. can't believe i didn't consider that. maybe we can find a charm in a box of cereal and reverse it.

#3 is a little harsh with a old and poor remark about a old man. Not funny at all

I doubt ralph is doing any meddling at this point.

perhaps a bit trite but still not out of the realm of possibility...how bout the possiblity of a rudderless ship or leadership vacuum instead?

Just curious, but who gushed over Losman?