Cromartie Comments On The Bills Offense

Here are some gems of that article

"It was big for us. Our coverage that we played, I was the squatting corner," Cromartie said of the play. "The guy [bills receiver David Nelson] released outside, then I knew what kind of route we were going to end up getting. It just played into our hands well. It was a great call by coach [Rex] Ryan and coach [Mike] Pettine."

"Some of the things they ran, they kept it true. When you're studying film and everyone gets a beat on it, and you know the things that you need each other need to do, it makes things a lot easier," Cromartie said."

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yeah. Same offense as last year and they were ready.

Ready to catch Fitz's errant throws? Yes they were. Otherwise, how exactly were the Jets stopping the Bills? CJ ran wild, and the Bills were 6/9 on 3rd downs.

Buffalo lost this game because Fitzpatrick threw three horrid passes, they gave up a punt return, and the defensive scheme of rushing four while having DBs play 5-yard cushions was ridiculous.

It was NOT because the Buffalo offense was too predictable.

Is this where I insert the obligatory comment about Gailey being an offensive mastermind?

Ready to catch Fitz's errant throws? Yes they were. Otherwise, how exactly were the Jets stopping the Bills? CJ ran wild, and the Bills were 6/9 on 3rd downs.

Buffalo lost this game because Fitzpatrick threw three horrid passes, they gave up a punt return, and the defensive scheme of rushing four while having DBs play 5-yard cushions was ridiculous.

It was NOT because the Buffalo offense was too predictable.

If you read into the quote, Jets knew where Fitz was going to throw the ball before he released it. Gives them a heck of an advantage. His quotes are far more damning than blaming everything on a pedestrian QB.

Is this where I insert the obligatory comment about Gailey being an offensive mastermind?

If you read into the quote, Jets knew where Fitz was going to throw the ball before he released it. Gives them a heck of an advantage. His quotes are far more damning than blaming everything on a pedestrian QB.

I don't know what you're getting at regarding them knowing where the ball was going before the pedestrian QB threw it?

Even Marv "the rug" Albert mentioned that Fitz's eyes were telling the corners where the ball was going and to whom. The game film from 2011 was all they needed. Because Gailey's offensive game plan was extremely similar to the last half of last year when the Bills had been defensed by any opposing coordinator worth his salt. Rex must be as stunned as the Bills fans on how easy they dismantled us.

Here are some gems of that article

"It was big for us. Our coverage that we played, I was the squatting corner," Cromartie said of the play. "The guy [bills receiver David Nelson] released outside, then I knew what kind of route we were going to end up getting. It just played into our hands well. It was a great call by coach [Rex] Ryan and coach [Mike] Pettine."

"Some of the things they ran, they kept it true. When you're studying film and everyone gets a beat on it, and you know the things that you need each other need to do, it makes things a lot easier," Cromartie said."

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

So in other words, if Nelson had turned up field he would have been wide open for a TD :(

I don't know what you're getting at regarding them knowing where the ball was going before the pedestrian QB threw it?

Even Marv "the rug" Albert mentioned that Fitz's eyes were telling the corners where the ball was going and to whom. The game film from 2011 was all they needed. Because Gailey's offensive game plan was extremely similar to the last half of last year when the Bills had been defensed by any opposing coordinator worth his salt. Rex must be as stunned as the Bills fans on how easy they dismantled us.

Aren't you agreeing with my position that the Jets coaching staff plainly undressed Bills offensive game plan, and put their players in a position to stop any sort of passing game? From my vantage point, Bills WRs never had any separation when the game mattered. Fitz was bad yesterday and he needed to be incredible if the Bills were to have a chance. The game was doomed from the get go, because the Jets coaching staff had the players ready for the Bills' offense.

So in other words, if Nelson had turned up field he would have been wide open for a TD :(

No! Cromartie was playing the short zone. Basically that zone Cromartie was present in is exactly where Nelson route was. Cromartie can commit and be aggresive because Nelson is present in that zone coverage he is occupying AND HAS SAFETY HELP behind him. If Fitz can read that as zone he doesn't throw the ball that way! The reason why he can undercut that route. Based on the Jets defense that play, say Nelson would do a double move or runs an intermediate/deep pattern, coverage is then passed off to the safety who was present on that play. The coverage than would be one on one, Nelson Vs the Safety.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Aren't you agreeing with my position that the Jets coaching staff plainly undressed Bills offensive game plan, and put their players in a position to stop any sort of passing game? From my vantage point, Bills WRs never had any separation when the game mattered. Fitz was bad yesterday and he needed to be incredible if the Bills were to have a chance. The game was doomed from the get go, because the Jets coaching staff had the players ready for the Bills' offense.

Oops, I do agree but I thought that you were implying some kind of cheating.

because of how well they knew what we were doing. So yea I'm in agreement with you. And I endorse your post.!!!

24 hours later and I still cannot believe the bomb the Bills coaching staff handed the team, the fans, etc. If this would have happened with say the 49ers yesterday. An Obligatory (coaching) head would have been severed by now to placate the masses.

It's a sport and and take this in stride. But it's year 13 or is it 14 of complete suck. Maybe I'll get into knitting with the local sewing club on Sundays.

Where did i put my drink?

No! Cromartie was playing the short zone. Basically that zone Cromartie was present in is exactly where Nelson route was. Cromartie can commit and be aggresive because Nelson is present in that zone coverage he is occupying AND HAS SAFETY HELP behind him. If Fitz can read that as zone he doesn't throw the ball that way! The reason why he can undercut that route. Based on the Jets defense that play, say Nelson would do a double move or runs an intermediate/deep pattern, coverage is then passed off to the safety who was present on that play. The coverage than would be one on one, Nelson Vs the Safety.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if the receiver went where he should have - in Fitz's press conference, he said he read zone coverage and reporters tried to get him to say Nelson ran the wrong route. Fitz said "David had a read on the route. My job is to get him the ball. He ran in the zone and I have to get him the ball."

While Fitz either needs to start throwing the ball to OUR guys (or not throwing it all), we also need our WR's to read things properly to get to the open spot...

And I agree with you GG - Rex had this gameplan figured out before Chan did.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if the receiver went where he should have - in Fitz's press conference, he said he read zone coverage and reporters tried to get him to say Nelson ran the wrong route. Fitz said "David had a read on the route. My job is to get him the ball. He ran in the zone and I have to get him the ball."

While Fitz either needs to start throwing the ball to OUR guys (or not throwing it all), we also need our WR's to read things properly to get to the open spot...

And I agree with you GG - Rex had this gameplan figured out before Chan did.

Cromartie had position on Nelson either way sitting in that zone...playing right into Rex's defence. We might be talking about an incomplete pass rather than a pick 6 if Nelson takes a different option. Either way you don't throw the ball in his direction.

Honestly he could flat out say that we suck and he owns us and I'd have no problem with it.Normally I criticize the Jets for their proverbial trash talk but when you've beaten a division opponent 6 times in a row, none of which were all that close, you've earned the right to say what ever you want.