Ryan Fitzpatrick on NFL AM this morning (good interview)

Sporting a trimmed up beard and a stylish Millenium Falcon t-shirt. (today was first day of school for his 5 year old and he wore it in his honor. They asked if he was like Han Solo and he said he was more Chewbacca because of the beard)

Highlights:

Team under Chan expects to win instead of hopes to win.

Team feeling very confident

Hard not to notice the Jets "circus" and he said they welcome it for Jets but glad they don't have it in Bflo.

Skirted the question about whether Stevie owns Revis. Just said interesting match up never know who will win

Said he learned a lot from David lee breaking down why he fell off at end of season

Talked about the difficulty in dealing with receivers and likened it to courting women. Said if you spend too much time with one the others get jealous. (compared training camp to The Bachelor based on question about the show)

Says he will most likely keep the beard trimmed this year.

All in all a funny interview, he handled himself very well.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Sporting a trimmed up beard and a stylish Millenium Falcon t-shirt. (today was first day of school for his 5 year old and he wore it in his honor. They asked if he was like Han Solo and he said he was more Chewbacca because of the beard)

Highlights:

Team under Chan expects to win instead of hopes to win.

Team feeling very confident

Hard not to notice the Jets "circus" and he said they welcome it for Jets but glad they don't have it in Bflo.

Skirted the question about whether Stevie owns Revis. Just said interesting match up never know who will win

Said he learned a lot from David lee breaking down why he fell off at end of season

Talked about the difficulty in dealing with receivers and likened it to courting women. Said if you spend too much time with one the others get jealous. (compared training camp to The Bachelor based on question about the show)

Says he will most likely keep the beard trimmed this year.

All in all a funny interview, he handled himself very well.

Is D. Lee an expert in injured ribs too?

I was thinking the same thing. I imagine cracked ribs would jack up your mechanics pretty good.

I don't think Fitz ever copped to the rib injury did he? I respect him for not using it as an excuse.

And thank God he is gonna keep that thing trimmed...I have an irrational dislike of it and have blamed his slump last season on the beard being so shaggy!

Fitz has never publicly acknowledged the rib injury and likely never will. Not his style.

Why the secret squirrel approach? It must be that he is still suffering some lingering effects and would rather blame mechanics than bring up any injury from last season. I get it now.

The game has changed a lot over the past 3 years here.It's becoming more like a fashion show, when people think a player is cool because of his t-shirts and length of his beard. Never mind the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn past 20 yards on a consistent basis.

Back in the day when a player starting year 8 without a single winning season people would have questioned his abilities, not his taste in t-shirts, or fans making excuses for a huge slump and a dismal collapse due to the phantom rib injury. Someone should tell Romo to quit one upping Fitz because last season he had rib injuries and a collapsed lung but kept on playing. One more win the cowgirls were in the playoffs. Should be an interesting season. Maybe Fitz will get into hats this year to expand his fashion sensibilities.