Rex Ryan deserves much credit

New York is a media mecca and reports of the breakfast cereal Tebow had might not be too far off what could be expected. That being said, I think Ryan deserves alot of credit for being a fairly strong defensive coach and more importantly a great motivator. In the games that they have had to play really well and made inferences that the world (New York media) is against them, his teams have always played well.The lone Bills game he lost was when Sanchez threw six interceptions and an overtime field goal snap was dropped.

I am one who does not believe the hype that their o-line is getting old or their defense is missing some parts. Sparano is a strong coach and Rex knows defenses. It should take us about a quarter to figure out what Tebow is doing and who wouldn't be surprised but a special teams trick play. I think the Bills can win and should win but this game is going to be a dogfight and anything less shouldn't be expected.

You kind of lost me at "Sparano is a strong coach". He's proven to be the opposite and I don't believe has ever actually coordinated an offense. If the jest fans hated Schottenheimer, they're really going to go nuts for captain field goal.

Edited by biglukes

Ryan, I want to respect him, but he hasnt earned it as a head coach. As a defensive coach, i love him. Head coach, he seems stubborn to me, unwilling to change and refuses to get with the rest of the NFL and ya know, throw the ball.

I also dont see where the jets got better offensively this year. Defense hasnt been a problem since Ryan got there. His failure will come at his inability to address the offensive side of the ball. To rely on shone greene as your dynamic rushing attack is laughable. Hes a solid player, but if your plan is to win by running, you need a play maker. Greene isnt a playmaker

Rex is a loudmouth that talks just to hear himself talk. His ego is bigger than his waistline. He's on the way out and he knows it. Their offense is utter garbage. They did zero to improve the left side of the line. They have next to nothing at WR, RB and TE. Wildcat. Guy with the ball runs or passes. Genius my ass. They are going to try and win with defense but with a horrible offense, the defense is going to spend way too much time on the field and it will catch up to them. They are going to get a well deserved beating this Sunday.

I honestly can't even believe there's a Pro-Rex Ryan thread day's before we play them. I mean it's whatever I guess but how can you honestly like a guy like Rex Ryan? He's the epitome of a douche bag. Anyone who claims his team is going to the superbowl and then doesn't make the playoffs is just a chooch.

New York is a media mecca and reports of the breakfast cereal Tebow had might not be too far off what could be expected. That being said, I think Ryan deserves alot of credit for being a fairly strong defensive coach and more importantly a great motivator. In the games that they have had to play really well and made inferences that the world (New York media) is against them, his teams have always played well.The lone Bills game he lost was when Sanchez threw six interceptions and an overtime field goal snap was dropped.

I am one who does not believe the hype that their o-line is getting old or their defense is missing some parts. Sparano is a strong coach and Rex knows defenses. It should take us about a quarter to figure out what Tebow is doing and who wouldn't be surprised but a special teams trick play. I think the Bills can win and should win but this game is going to be a dogfight and anything less shouldn't be expected.

Rex is a good defensive mind. Way better than average imo. But if I was a billionaire and could buy an NFL team, I would hire Wade Phillips as DC, and pay him virtually whatever he wants. Wade transformed 3 different defensive teams. And, it didn't matter what the offense was doing, and even injuries failed to slow him down.

Now, I have zero issues with Wanny. Not one. In fact I have very high hopes for him. But consider this post a tribute to Wade. The man knows his defense and puts Ryan to shame imo.

I refuse to respect a man that provides all kinds of smack talk without the means to back it up. Maybe it worked for you in Baltimore when you weren't actually running the show but now you are. Hate Belichick all you want. The fact of the matter is he can back up smack talk all he wants yet he doesn't do it. Three superbowl wins and 5 total appearances allows you to talk like that Rex, and by the looks it, that won't be happening for you. He has turned it down since last season's debacle at the end, but you know he's only doing that to prevent things from blowing up. Watch. If the Jets ever get back to where they were 2 seasons ago, (which I hope and doubt will happen again with him in charge) he'll start running his mouth just like he used to do.

Edited by bills1960

Three of the most impressive defenses I've ever seen have been the "46" ('85 Bears, Buddy Ryan Eagles, Buddy Ryan Oilers), so for that reason alone I'm glad Rex is a head coach in this league. (And I'm also glad his brother is actively coaching.) I'll take it a step further, though, and say that as much as I hate the Jets, I think people like Rex Ryan are good for the NFL. Sometimes this league can be too sterile, and as someone who enjoys trash talk and bulletin board material, I like that we have someone who is outspoken and not afraid to show some balls. I"m not saying I want the NFL to be like pro wrestling, but this is a violent game played by men and there is plenty of room for some trash talk and gamesmanship. This is one reason why I wanted us to sign a guy like Haslett several years ago. Not only is he passionate about the team and the area, he's not afraid to speak his mind an throw down. And as we saw, hiring all these morons in lieu of Haz didn't really get us anywhere anyway....we could have at least been having some fun while we were losing every year.

I don't care that Rex likes him some toe jam....or that he likes to watch his wife "take a real big one" from time to time...he's not breaking any laws for cripes sake.