Paul Ryan is a Lying Liar!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what Ryan said:

“‘I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That’s what [Obama] said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that’s how it is in so many towns today, where the recovery that was promised is nowhere in sight.”

Here's what Big O said in Janesville WI. :

“I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made—how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out.

“And I believe that if our government is there to support you and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years,” he said.

“The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future; it’s where it will thrive,” Obama said. “I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America—right here in Wisconsin—and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your president.”

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal:

General Motors Co. has committed to reopen its idled plant in Spring Hill, Tenn., and keep its shuttered assembly plant in Janesville on standby status.

The Janesville plant stopped production of SUVs in 2008 and was idled in 2009 after it completed production of medium-duty trucks.

Remaining on standby means not much has changed in Janesville. Community leaders say they would be ready if the GM plant reopened, but no one seems to be counting on that.

"I think there are a lot of people that would love to see General Motors come back to this area and provide good quality manufacturing jobs," said Bob Borremans, executive director of the Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. "If we fit into their future and they come back, people would (welcome) that with great anticipation and open arms.

"Do most people think something will happen? Not for the foreseeable future."

Long-term, anything is possible, he added.

"We don't want to dismiss anything out of hand at this point, but I don't think there's anybody really holding their breath waiting for General Motors to activate that plant again and move it to production," he said.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/130171578.html

So again, where is the lie in Ryan's speech?

Here's what Ryan said:

Here's what Big O said in Janesville WI. :

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal:

http://www.jsonline..../130171578.html

So again, where is the lie in Ryan's speech?

They were told there's a lie......so, dammit, there's a lie

"two legs bad....four legs good"

Edited by B-Man

we can't even agree on the bounce it seems. i just googled "bounce rnc convention". the first five results said "no bounce" or something to that effect and included bloomberg, yahoo, the guardian, us news and world reports and business week. the 6th result was sacredmonkey reporting a 6% bounce. didn't note any other results like that on the 1st page of search results. ah, statistics - whose telling themselves what they want to hear here?

I can't believe I actually read this.

Tampa – Last night Paul Ryan was awarded a gold medal by Fox News and it wasn’t for delivering blunt honesty in such a way that made it palatable to the American public. Instead, the award was given for the number of lies Ryan told during his prime time speech.

Fox Contributor, Sally Kohn writes:

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

Kohn went on to fact check Ryan:

• Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling
  • Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shutdown of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
  • Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.
  • Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan.

BWAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

#2 Deceiving

Honey Boo Boo anyone?

Didn't you post this in another thread too? Isn't Sally Kohn a flaming lib?

we can't even agree on the bounce it seems. i just googled "bounce rnc convention". the first five results said "no bounce" or something to that effect and included bloomberg, yahoo, the guardian, us news and world reports and business week. the 6th result was sacredmonkey reporting a 6% bounce. didn't note any other results like that on the 1st page of search results. ah, statistics - whose telling themselves what they want to hear here?

So you have Gallup reporting no bounce, and you have Reuters and Rasmussen showing a 4-6 point bounce.

Those are the only three national polls that have been conducted during that time period.

But, we're talking about Ryan's "lies" try to keep up

gallup showed 40% of those polled more likely to vote for romney after the convention and 38% of those polled and who listened, less likely. don't know if the other polls did a similar metric but if i was on romney's team i don't think i'd be putting much stock in a bounce. so go ahead ryan, keep telling americans suspicious "facts".

i also think it's interesting that 5 major news orgs reported on gallup data while only one little known website reported on the numbers you claim are authoritative.

gallup showed 40% of those polled more likely to vote for romney after the convention and 38% of those polled and who listened, less likely. don't know if the other polls did a similar metric but if i was on romney's team i don't think i'd be putting much stock in a bounce. so go ahead ryan, keep telling americans suspicious "facts".

i also think it's interesting that 5 major news orgs reported on gallup data while only one little known website reported on the numbers you claim are authoritative.

As polarized as the country is, with people showing more loyalty to Die Parei than the country, I would expect much of a post-convention bounce for either candidate. Most people's minds are pretty much made up at this point.

No bias? that's what they want people to believe.

So you couldn't find the lie, eh?

In other words, you got nothing. :lol:

Edited by WorldTraveller

It's killin you that you can't find the "lie" :lol:

sorry, it's just not that big a deal to me or apparently most of the electorate. i would use the word disingenuous if you prefer. how bout unsavory? that works for me.

but i'm pretty happy right now watching people that look like the america i experience in cities and small towns on the convention floor at the dem convention watching tape of romney debating ted kennedy about choice and health care. now i'm lol!

sorry, it's just not that big a deal to me or apparently most of the electorate. i would use the word disingenuous if you prefer. how bout unsavory? that works for me.

but i'm pretty happy right now watching people that look like the america i experience in cities and small towns on the convention floor at the dem convention watching tape of romney debating ted kennedy about choice and health care. now i'm lol!

You're really embarrassing yourself.

Or would be, if you cared.

well, yes....but your problem (per rob) is that you don't understand what a lie is! it's become so prevelant in our society that people don't even recognize it when they see it. for example, i had installation scheduled this weekend for direct tv. they gave a 4 hour window. the guy didn't show. when i called to see why, there was a notation on my account that no one was home. what really happened was the installer called my cell phone and i was working outside without it...so he blew me off and lied saying no one was home. i made enough noise that he came out later in the day with no remorse about lying, explaining that if he did come out and i wasn't there, he didn't get paid. OK, but it's still a lie. and it's tolerated and even expected to a certain degree in society today. to me, that's a big problem and people like ryan are making it worse.

Dog, I dig you man. You're a straight up lib with no qualifiers or pre-text & that makes it fun. But I'm going to have to abstain from taking it to you any more on this issue b/c I'm already worried about you bringing a 13th amendment suit against me for my earlier post.

Dog, I dig you man. You're a straight up lib with no qualifiers or pre-text & that makes it fun. But I'm going to have to abstain from taking it to you any more on this issue b/c I'm already worried about you bringing a 13th amendment suit against me for my earlier post.

He's going to sue over your title of nobility? :huh: